2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Marti_EF3

Re: 2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

ispano6 wrote:
20 Jul 2021, 00:53
godlameroso wrote:
19 Jul 2021, 20:58
max_speed wrote:
19 Jul 2021, 18:50
I am more frustrated with perez .if he qualify close to lewis then he can teach lewis same trick he has been doing to others for long and getting away with. I do not mind perez taking lewis out just to teach him respect he has been asking for.
I just hope redbull wipe out that bloody smile from toto's face post silverstone win but situation has changed now and max and redbull are on backfoot.
That's fine, you hit harder from the back foot.
Red Bull have said they will be developing the car up until the last race if necessary. Max/RedBull are still ahead and this year is the chance. They've already saved F1 by making it exciting with a two horse race, now they just need to get their heads down and finish the job. They can do it.
That's good. I don't care about 2022 car. They will get a good one for sure. But they need to focus on this year to bring the championships and stop that boring Mercedes era (and without help, dirty moves or illegal tricks on the car)

diffuser

zibby43 wrote:
20 Jul 2021, 00:25
diffuser wrote:
19 Jul 2021, 23:56
zibby43 wrote:
19 Jul 2021, 19:59

Honda introduced their 2nd PUs in France.

Max was using the 2nd PU in Silverstone, as it is one of the most power-sensitive circuits on the calendar, and it would’ve allowed him to exploit the reliability fixes introduced on the 2nd unit, which allowed for more baseline power to be utilized.

With the format of last weekend, I don’t know if the old PU1 was even used in practice. Not much time for a swap with quali and a sprint race on the same day as practices.

I can't find it but I had read all the PU are the same 2021 first iteration. No upgrades,Reliability or other, all year (excluding software).
Reliability upgrades are allowed and other teams are made aware of what the improvements will be and have the opportunity to object. If a reliability improvement lets you utilize a more powerful engine map, then that’s fine.

Pretty sure reliability was for post 2022

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mot ... 4044/amp/

However, speaking at the Austrian Grand Prix, Honda F1 technical director Toyoharu Tanabe denied that there had been any change to the engine specification, nor that it was running its power unit in a more aggressive manner.

Asked about the rumours of a 15bhp jump with the second specification unit, Tanabe said: “I'm very happy if it is true, but it's not true.

“Under current regulations, any performance update is not allowed to apply during the season. As a result, our second PU is the same as first PU in terms of specification and the performance.”

zibby43
zibby43

diffuser wrote:
20 Jul 2021, 01:31
zibby43 wrote:
20 Jul 2021, 00:25
diffuser wrote:
19 Jul 2021, 23:56

I can't find it but I had read all the PU are the same 2021 first iteration. No upgrades,Reliability or other, all year (excluding software).
Reliability upgrades are allowed and other teams are made aware of what the improvements will be and have the opportunity to object. If a reliability improvement lets you utilize a more powerful engine map, then that’s fine.

Pretty sure reliability was for post 2022

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mot ... 4044/amp/

However, speaking at the Austrian Grand Prix, Honda F1 technical director Toyoharu Tanabe denied that there had been any change to the engine specification, nor that it was running its power unit in a more aggressive manner.

Asked about the rumours of a 15bhp jump with the second specification unit, Tanabe said: “I'm very happy if it is true, but it's not true.

“Under current regulations, any performance update is not allowed to apply during the season. As a result, our second PU is the same as first PU in terms of specification and the performance.”
Yeah I was going off an AMuS report from earlier this season:

According to Auto, Motor und Sport Honda will supply a new engine for AlphaTauri and Red Bull. With improved reliability that will mean that the engine can also be upgraded. For Max Verstappen and Sergio Perez that comes in handy, because in France they can use every bit of extra power in the attack on Mercedes.

Now, their use of “upgraded” is not literal. This was a translation from German. I think they meant to imply “extract full potential.”

Anyway, who knows. I just know Honda has done everything to the letter of the rules.

ispano6

Marti_EF3 wrote:
20 Jul 2021, 00:57
That's good. I don't care about 2022 car. They will get a good one for sure. But they need to focus on this year to bring the championships and stop that boring Mercedes era (and without help, dirty moves or illegal tricks on the car)

The RedBull Honda fans can already be proud to have ended Mercedes dominance, to have won this many races into the season despite the obstacles they've had thrown at them and there's still more to come. We are determined to take the high road.

_cerber1

ispano6 wrote:
20 Jul 2021, 03:59
The RedBull Honda fans can already be proud to have ended Mercedes dominance, to have won this many races into the season despite the obstacles they've had thrown at them and there's still more to come. We are determined to take the high road.
Don't underestimate the impact of the technical regulations on this year's results, the Mercedes concept just stopped working.

xaero
xaero

Kingshark wrote:
20 Jul 2021, 06:54
As far as speed and skill is concerned, Max is levels above Hamilton as a driver. He’s superior in every aspect. He’s a better qualifier, better racer, more consistent, makes fewer mistakes, and is better in the rain.
Thats what happens when you drive a superior car and don't need to push to the limit. As far as rain is considered, maybe you need to check the record of all races and maybe then it might be clear who is better (obviously considering rain is a great equalizer).
Last edited by xaero on 20 Jul 2021, 09:38, edited 1 time in total.
We need a miracle. We need only one racing lap.

Wouter

https://www.krone.at/2466050

Translated by GT.
After the high-speed crash between Max Verstappen and Lewis Hamilton at Silverstone, Red Bull Racing has called in a lawyer to examine the situation. For motorsport boss Helmut Marko, the question of guilt is clear.

Max Verstappen's serious accident following contact with Lewis Hamilton in the high-speed "Copse" corner at Silverstone continues to heat up tempers. Now Red Bull Racing has handed the matter over to a lawyer. "He is to examine what could be done in such a situation within the framework of sports law," said motorsport boss Helmut Marko.

We are lucky that nothing serious happened to Max. The car is broken and the engine probably too. You can't let that get to you. A suspension would be justified," said Marko.

The Austrian is not at all pleased with the 10-second time penalty for Hamilton: "Ridiculous. But maybe it is also the regulations that you are limited. The rules should probably be revised, including the stewards system.

"They could have given Lewis a drive-through, plus a 10-second penalty, but they didn't."

"Max drove on his line, but Lewis should have gone off the gas. You can't hit your competitor on the rear wheel in one of the fastest corners. The smallest contact has fatal consequences. This was an irresponsible action and Hamilton needs to know what the consequences can be."
The Power of Dreams!

Jolle
Jolle

Wouter wrote:
20 Jul 2021, 11:15

Translated by GT.
After the high-speed crash between Max Verstappen and Lewis Hamilton at Silverstone, Red Bull Racing has called in a lawyer to examine the situation. For motorsport boss Helmut Marko, the question of guilt is clear.

Max Verstappen's serious accident following contact with Lewis Hamilton in the high-speed "Copse" corner at Silverstone continues to heat up tempers. Now Red Bull Racing has handed the matter over to a lawyer. "He is to examine what could be done in such a situation within the framework of sports law," said motorsport boss Helmut Marko.

We are lucky that nothing serious happened to Max. The car is broken and the engine probably too. You can't let that get to you. A suspension would be justified," said Marko.

The Austrian is not at all pleased with the 10-second time penalty for Hamilton: "Ridiculous. But maybe it is also the regulations that you are limited. The rules should probably be revised, including the stewards system.

"They could have given Lewis a drive-through, plus a 10-second penalty, but they didn't."

"Max drove on his line, but Lewis should have gone off the gas. You can't hit your competitor on the rear wheel in one of the fastest corners. The smallest contact has fatal consequences. This was an irresponsible action and Hamilton needs to know what the consequences can be."
Someone needs to give Marko a snickers

darkpino
darkpino

I think it’s sad it’s come to this but on the other end: Mercedes have moved the race over from the track to the back rooms earlier this year with the rear-wing-gate, than the new PU nonsense which they couldn’t believe didn’t get upgrades and I’m probably forgetting something.

Like I said: sad to see it come to this but I think RBR might have a case with this

Jolle
Jolle

I can’t remember other teams calling lawyers when they released Verstappen in the path of Bottas in Monaco 2019, endangering several people there.

What’s next? Sunday the narrative was “disrespectful”, today it’s “unlawful”, by Friday pushing “criminal”?

Wouter

Jolle wrote:
20 Jul 2021, 13:15
Wouter wrote:

Translated by GT.

We are lucky that nothing serious happened to Max.
Why? Can you explain that a little bit?
The Power of Dreams!

Jolle
Jolle

Wouter wrote:
20 Jul 2021, 13:29
Jolle wrote:
Wouter wrote:

Translated by GT.

The rules and agreements are clear, the teams and drivers asked for penalties for actions, not consequences (including RedBull and Verstappen). Any racer knows, that he is financially responsible for any damage on his car, no matter who caused it (apart from some rare cases of neglect on the part of the organisations).

All so cut clear, that “lawyer up” is a move to put some more oil on the fire.

Wouter

[-o< =D>

The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

Jolle wrote:
20 Jul 2021, 13:38
Wouter wrote:
Jolle wrote:

The rules and agreements are clear, the teams and drivers asked for penalties for actions, not consequences (including RedBull and Verstappen). Any racer knows, that he is financially responsible for any damage on his car, no matter who caused it (apart from some rare cases of neglect on the part of the organisations).

Do you realize that because the punishment was so low, Hamilton can do whatever he wants from now on, because low punishments are handed out, because the consequences of an offence are not looked at!
The Power of Dreams!

dans79

Wouter wrote:
20 Jul 2021, 13:47
Jolle wrote:
20 Jul 2021, 13:38
Wouter wrote:

Do you realize that because the punishment was so low, Hamilton can do whatever he wants from now on, because low punishments are handed out, because the consequences of an offence are not looked at!
Do you realize, that the only reason he got that low punishment was because he wasn't deemed solely at fault? If he had been deemed solely at fault he would have been charged with dangerous driving, and the penalty would be significantly more severe. If he had been deemed to have done it deliberate, it would have been a DSQ at a minimum.
197 104 103 7