Ferrari beats the Boy Scouts

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
Ciro Pabón

Ferrari beats the Boy Scouts

Ferrari's Number 5 car won the 2006 Pinewood Derby in Paris from the hands of Cristopher Kulmayer's (in the top photo, center) Boy Scout Number 1 car and from William Saward's Boy Scout 2, by mere inches.

After the race, Ferrari gave away its spare car to Kulmayer and swapped another car to "get their hands on Saward's Maserati". How generous of them. :)
Ciro

flynfrog

aww memories i placed first in my local troop i had a great strategy cram as much weight onto the car as i could

RacingManiac
RacingManiac

did you see how much more work went into Ferrari's entry.....Motorsport.com has a set of pics on that comp, the 2 Ferrari's entry are like real F1 cars compare to the rest's blocks of wood...

RacingManiac
RacingManiac

NickT

Come on :? do you really think Ferrari would play by the spirit of the regulations :?: There has got to be a huge amount of engineering time in it, not to mension the CFG analysis and wind tunnel testing it went through :twisted:
NickT

Ciro Pabón

Nice picture, Racing Maniac. Didn't know Red Bull was racing...
Ciro

RacingManiac
RacingManiac

I think the competition is actually hosted in their "energy station"

flynfrog

Ciro Pabón wrote:Nice picture, Racing Maniac. Didn't know Red Bull was racing...
i was about to make some comment about its being the new red bull daytona prototype

any one have the link to the article