Return to traditional press conference on TV?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
JordanMugen

Return to traditional press conference on TV?

Wouter wrote:
18 Apr 2021, 22:31
Given they still seem to hold the press-conference (somewhat redundantly given it's not televised now),
why hold the post-race interviews and the media pen as well? It seems excessive.

I quite liked the old tradtional sit-down post-race press conference, and think it would be fine to get rid of the post-race interviews and televise the sit-down press-conference after the podium instead like how it used to be.

What do you think?

I recall that originally these new post-race interviews were done on the podiums for the benefit of the trackside fans (when they made some sense), but the sit-down press conferences are such a F1 tradition.

wesley123

Re: Return to traditional press conference on TV?

The post race interviews are all about creating hype, whereas the press conference gives it a more formal, factual description of events. And if I'm correct, at such press conferences, the questions weren't bound by a single interviewer; There were questions about what the person asking the question wanted to know, rather than pre-written questions that only revolve around generating hype.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender