My last post here

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
PlatinumZealot

My last post here

People of F1 technical.

This is my last post here.

No point in continuing to post here.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

101FlyingDutchman

Re: My last post here

Bye 👋 take care

LM10

Why?

J.A.W.

PlatinumZealot wrote:
03 Jul 2021, 20:24
People of F1 technical.

This is my last post here.

No point in continuing to post here.
& as the final curtain falls.. can an elegy be due...

'Lest we forget', ummm, nah, surely too hagiographic..

More apropos perhaps - given the drama - 'Pretentious, moi?'
"Well, we knocked the bastard off!"

Ed Hilary on being 1st to top Mt Everest,
(& 1st to do a surface traverse across Antarctica,
in good Kiwi style - riding a Massey Ferguson farm
tractor - with a few extemporised mod's to hack the task).

El Scorchio

Sad if true. PZ could be a bit of a ****taker and a bit, well, overzealous at times and certainly not to everyone’s tastes, but he was a genuine and passionate poster who added value.

It’s a shame he’s seemingly been bullied off the forum by a small group of people.

henry

El Scorchio wrote:
04 Jul 2021, 15:50
Sad if true. PZ could be a bit of a ****taker and a bit, well, overzealous at times and certainly not to everyone’s tastes, but he was a genuine and passionate poster who added value.

It’s a shame he’s seemingly been bullied off the forum by a small group of people.
I agree. In the past I have found that interacting with PZ has questioned and so strengthened my own understanding on various topics.

I’ve been here a very long time and, until relatively recently, it used to be exceptional in the way that the more knowledgable would share their understanding with great patience and politeness with anyone who would engage. Sadly this is becoming the exception. That’s not a good thing.
Fortune favours the prepared; she has no favourites and takes no sides.
Truth is confirmed by inspection and delay; falsehood by haste and uncertainty : Tacitus

the EDGE

I wouldn’t know what PZ was like… I selected the ‘ignore’ option a long time ago

Same with 101FlyingDutchman & many others

No offence meant, & feel free to mute me too if your not interested in what I have to say

It’s a great option to have on this site & perhaps if PZ used it more he wouldn’t feel bullied & want to leave

101FlyingDutchman

the EDGE wrote:
04 Jul 2021, 21:15
I wouldn’t know what PZ was like… I selected the ‘ignore’ option a long time ago

No offence meant, & feel free to mute me too if your not interested in what I have to say

It’s a great option to have on this site & perhaps if PZ used it more he wouldn’t feel bullied & want to leave
Interesting. Not sure if I ever said anything controversial on here. But it’s your right so that’s fair

the EDGE

101FlyingDutchman wrote:
04 Jul 2021, 21:19
the EDGE wrote:

Interesting. Not sure if I ever said anything controversial on here. But it’s your right so that’s fair
I don’t know either now, it was probably a long time ago because I don’t think I’ve had the need to add anyone for some time, and maybe just because you said something I disagreed with when I was in a bad mood

I’ve took you off the ignore list… everyone deserves a second chance 🤣

101FlyingDutchman

the EDGE wrote:
04 Jul 2021, 21:31
101FlyingDutchman wrote:
04 Jul 2021, 21:19
the EDGE wrote:

I don’t know either now, it was probably a long time ago because I don’t think I’ve had the need to add anyone for some time, and maybe just because you said something I disagreed with when I was in a bad mood

I’ve took you off the ignore list… everyone deserves a second chance 🤣
Haha why thank you ;)

It’s a shame people can’t keep it professional and polite on here. The driver fanboy-ism and the lack of being able to see more than 1 side to a story is indeed spoiling a lot of threads.

GOAT

LM10 wrote:
03 Jul 2021, 20:59
Why?
He chose to swallow the blue pill..
8)

Steven
Owner

OK, I'll join...

First of all, the mod team and I are working hard on controlling the fan reactions. I hope the way this weekend's race thread went is a sign of that, but only time will tell.

As for PZ, I don't feel I need to comment.If PZ wants to explain why he is leaving, he can, but he wasn't banned. I understand it's his own decision. I'd also say I don't feel like he was "bullied away", as suggested above.

Wouter

Steven wrote:
04 Jul 2021, 22:05
OK, I'll join...

I'd also say I don't feel like he was "bullied away", as suggested above.
I agree. I think he wasn't "bullied away" at all. He sure has other reasons for leaving.
He was very disappointed in Mercedes, no upgrades >>> no WDC and WCC.
The Power of Dreams!

the EDGE

Wouter wrote:
04 Jul 2021, 22:18
Steven wrote:
04 Jul 2021, 22:05
OK, I'll join...

I'd also say I don't feel like he was "bullied away", as suggested above.
I agree. I think he wasn't "bullied away" at all. He sure has other reasons for leaving.
He was very disappointed in Mercedes, no upgrades >>> no WDC and WCC.
Are you genuinely saying he was depressed… or is that just a sarcastic comment?

jjn9128

henry wrote:
04 Jul 2021, 20:29
I agree. In the past I have found that interacting with PZ has questioned and so strengthened my own understanding on various topics.

I’ve been here a very long time and, until relatively recently, it used to be exceptional in the way that the more knowledgable would share their understanding with great patience and politeness with anyone who would engage. Sadly this is becoming the exception. That’s not a good thing.
I think tempers are frayed after the past year and a half (I know I've had to self moderate a lot but sometimes fail to do so). There's also a leaning these days towards fanaticism rather than even handed support.
#aerogandalf
"There is one big friend. It is downforce. And once you have this it’s a big mate and it’s helping a lot." Robert Kubica