Racecraft

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Zynerji

Racecraft

Donut media has an F1 junkie, and he makes videos for Americans to understand the sport enough to draw in more fans. I've been watching for a while now, and thought I'd share the most recent one. I think they are well done, but would love to hear others' take on it.

https://fb.watch/v/3dYPISHdM/

godlameroso

Re: Racecraft

This is my take on the topic. The space between corners and straights is where you have to do the most driving. You don't really drive at the apex. On corner exit is where you're straddling the line between grip and slip, on corner entry you're setting up the car for the corner.

The exit determines how much speed you carry on the straight, the entry determines how you set up the exit. That's where you do the most 'driving'.

The ideal racing line is a manifestation of the tire grip being exploited to the maximum. Very difficult in F1 because tire grip changes from lap to lap.
Saishū kōnā