2021 British Grand Prix - Silverstone, July 16 - 18

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Mogster

Re: 2021 British Grand Prix - Silverstone, July 16 -18

NathanOlder wrote:
24 Jul 2021, 15:14
Mogster wrote:
24 Jul 2021, 14:01
Jolle wrote:
24 Jul 2021, 08:59
I wish they had a camera again in the drivers meeting before the weekend, like they did a few seasons ago. Just for the moment when Hamilton asks Masi for a clarification of the FIA guidelines for overtaking.
Yes. The televised drivers briefings were interesting, especially the interactions between the drivers and with CW.

The one from the Hungaroring would be dynamite…
Yeah, oh how we need that for the following race. I wonder what the reason was for them to stop doing it?

Also like to add dor everyone.... Just ignore the troll guys, then they will hopefully go away
I did wonder if CW or Massi don’t want their comments being analysed by the internet community or possibly the drivers playing to or being inhibited by the cameras.

Whatever, the couple of times we got to see it it was fascinating.

Jolle
Jolle

Mogster wrote:
24 Jul 2021, 18:34
NathanOlder wrote:
24 Jul 2021, 15:14
Mogster wrote:
24 Jul 2021, 14:01

Yes. The televised drivers briefings were interesting, especially the interactions between the drivers and with CW.

The one from the Hungaroring would be dynamite…
Yeah, oh how we need that for the following race. I wonder what the reason was for them to stop doing it?

Also like to add dor everyone.... Just ignore the troll guys, then they will hopefully go away
I did wonder if CW or Massi don’t want their comments being analysed by the internet community or possibly the drivers playing to or being inhibited by the cameras.

Whatever, the couple of times we got to see it it was fascinating.
Fascinating and hilarious

Kingshark
Kingshark

ringo wrote:
24 Jul 2021, 14:21
Kingshark wrote:
24 Jul 2021, 08:18
ringo wrote:
24 Jul 2021, 06:32
Ok i respect your perception. Will not longer discuss. As i dont know which sport you are watching thinking the mercedes is the better car.
It was the better car around Silverstone, never said it was the better car overall. Please stop twisting my words in order to make your own position look better
Because the best car was in the barriers. :lol:
Was the alleged best car in the barriers in Sprint qualifying, when Lewis was on course to be 3-4 tenths quicker than Max until he messed up his final sector?

GOAT

PlatinumZealot wrote:
24 Jul 2021, 02:58
For win 100 .. Zandvoort would be the sweetest.
That will be a tough cookie to crumble, as Max ánd Red Bull have far more superior track knowledge.

8)

Having said that, are you aware that Max and Red Bull were the strongest package previous 5? races- and nothing seems to have changed, therefor I believe your ‘manic episode’ won’t last long :P

Embrace the moment, as we all should :wink:

Jolle
Jolle

GOAT wrote:
24 Jul 2021, 20:24
PlatinumZealot wrote:
That will be a tough cookie to crumble, as Max ánd Red Bull have far more superior track knowledge.

8)

Having said that, are you aware that Max and Red Bull were the strongest package previous 5? races- and nothing seems to have changed, therefor I believe your ‘manic episode’ won’t last long :P

Apart from a few filming and promotion days, don’t think he did any racing there apart from the masters.

foxmulder_ms
foxmulder_ms

Kingshark wrote:
23 Jul 2021, 22:29
Brake Horse Power wrote:
23 Jul 2021, 20:42
Beside the whole blame game i think the penalty for Max is a bit disproportionate. He miss 25 points, and 1,8million damage (budget cap) and possibly (probably?) a write off of engine and gearbox which would mean an additional grid penalty..
A pissed off Max is a dangerous Max.

He was already the best driver on the grid by a margin before Silverstone, but I think that this incident will push him to another level. He will feel furious by the injustice that you described and it wouldn’t surprise me to see him go on another winning run.
Haha, right :roll: :roll:

Anger dwells only in the bosom of fools.

PlatinumZealot

Kingshark wrote:
24 Jul 2021, 19:15
ringo wrote:
Kingshark wrote:
24 Jul 2021, 08:18

It was the better car around Silverstone, never said it was the better car overall. Please stop twisting my words in order to make your own position look better
Was the alleged best car in the barriers in Sprint qualifying, when Lewis was on course to be 3-4 tenths quicker than Max until he messed up his final sector?
Thats just a hammer-time special you get every once in a while. Pure driver on a track mastered.

Wouter

foxmulder_ms wrote:
24 Jul 2021, 22:04
Kingshark wrote:
Brake Horse Power wrote:
23 Jul 2021, 20:42
Beside the whole blame game i think the penalty for Max is a bit disproportionate. He miss 25 points, and 1,8million damage (budget cap) and possibly (probably?) a write off of engine and gearbox which would mean an additional grid penalty..

He was already the best driver on the grid by a margin before Silverstone, but I think that this incident will push him to another level. He will feel furious by the injustice that you described and it wouldn’t surprise me to see him go on another winning run.

Indeed, that's right. We saw that well with Lewis last weekend, after he lost the sprint qualifying.

He was also angry in front of the Sky camera, where he said twice he was angry. "Anger dwells only in the bosom of fools."
The Power of Dreams!

Kingshark
Kingshark

PlatinumZealot wrote:
24 Jul 2021, 22:10
Kingshark wrote:
ringo wrote:

Thats just a hammer-time special you get every once in a while. Pure driver on a track mastered.
Measly qualifying gap of 2 tenths to Bottas. I am thoroughly unimpressed.

foxmulder_ms
foxmulder_ms

Wouter wrote:
24 Jul 2021, 22:17
foxmulder_ms wrote:
Kingshark wrote:

Indeed, that's right. We saw that well with Lewis last weekend, after he lost the sprint qualifying.

He was also angry in front of the Sky camera, where he said twice he was angry. "Anger dwells only in the bosom of fools."
Hamilton was sublime whole weekend :)

PlatinumZealot

GOAT wrote:
24 Jul 2021, 20:24
PlatinumZealot wrote:

8)

Max and RedBull don't have any more meaningful track knowledge over the other teams. A few demo runs in totally different cars won't be much useful info.

The RedBull has been the strongest I agree. But on c1 tyres things lean Mercedes' way under the right conditions.
It's a smooth flowing track with gentle direction changes. Looks very front limited. This track should suit Mercedes better.

🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Wouter

foxmulder_ms wrote:
24 Jul 2021, 22:33
Wouter wrote:
24 Jul 2021, 22:17
foxmulder_ms wrote:

Hamilton was sublime whole weekend :)

The Power of Dreams!

PlatinumZealot

Kingshark wrote:
24 Jul 2021, 22:20
PlatinumZealot wrote:
Kingshark wrote:

You seem to be in a haze or your math is off. He would have been half a second up on Bottas on the lap you singled out.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

maxxer
maxxer

adrianjordan wrote:
24 Jul 2021, 09:43
I love how people claim Max was "hospitalised" just to stir up emotions.

He was not "hospitalised" as that implies he was admitted to hospital. He was not. He was taken to an Accident & Emergency Department at a hospital that was not the closest (Northampton Major Trauma Centre is closer and has all the same facilities as Coventry), so was just waiting on PRECAUTIONARY scans.

In the UK we work to NICE guidelines on when someone gets a CT scan after a head injury.

I'm at work and on my phone, so can't find a link right now, but suffice to say that Max reported symptoms which meant he needed a precautionary scan and to be observed for a few hours. That is why he was sent to not the nearest hospital.

If they had any immediate concerns, the sort that would have actually resulted in hospitalisation, they would have sent him to the closest Major Trauma Centre in Northampton.

The word "hospitalised" is clearly being used in an emotive way to stir an argument here.

NB: I'm a McLaren fan who thinks it was a racing incident and was just disappointed it didn't give Lando a chance for a home podium.
Too bad with the rule changes for next year now McLaren have a good package now and they have to start all over and we will have to wait and see again
(guess i am still a fan of the traditional teams Williams also)

Kingshark
Kingshark

PlatinumZealot wrote:
24 Jul 2021, 22:49
Kingshark wrote:
24 Jul 2021, 22:20
PlatinumZealot wrote:

You seem to be in a haze or your math is off. He would have been half a second up on Bottas on the lap you singled out.
Hamilton’s Q2 attempt alone was faster than anything Verstappen was able to do all weekend. Merc was the fastest car this weekend, unfortunately.

Indeed, Lewis made his own life more difficult than it should have been by not starting properly in the sprint race.