Scuderia Ferrari F1-75 speculation thread

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
JPower
JPower

Re: Scuderia Ferrari F1-75 speculation thread

F1ern wrote:
15 Feb 2022, 14:52
F1NAC wrote:
15 Feb 2022, 14:27
F1ern wrote:
15 Feb 2022, 13:32

They buy the gearbox from them but not the gearbox casing. They made their suspensions themselves.
Wrong.

They are making gearbox inhouse because they have different philosophy than Ferrari.
Alfa Romeo has reportedly developed their own gearbox and suspension for the 2022 F1 season, further reducing their dependence on Ferrari. According to a report by Motorsport Italia, the team’s decision was reportedly influenced by their differing aero philosophy compared to the Scuderia.
Hence we can expect pull rod at Ferrari it seems
The Swiss’s 2022 car is reportedly incompatible with the Ferrari-designed suspension due to their differing design choices.
I read somewhere that they did not develope the whole gearbox, only the outer casing where the suspension connects.
Read the same thing.

wowgr8
wowgr8

Some news from f1at, positive and negative
Information recently collected by the editorial staff of FUnoAnalisiTecnica opens up quite rosy scenarios. After the initial phase of understanding certain areas of the car , at Maranello they started to smile as the simulations offered very interesting data.

The results obtained from the CFD, to be more precise, seem to be even higher than those expected in the deliberation phase of the project . Obviously it is not possible to go into technical details in a super armored context and from which few drafts leak. Although the feedback we have acquired tells of a successful car especially from a mechanical point of view , an area with the greatest room for maneuver by scrutinizing the folds of the 2022 technical regulation , it is preferable to wait for the events. Little is missing for the response of the track.
Now for the negative, here they're quoting Turrini
Longtime F1 journalist Leo Turrini says there are some apprehensions that keep engineers anxious. Especially on the aerodynamic side. In the face of flattering engine results, despite the introduction of E10 biofuels , it is feared that Ferrari may leave something on the street in the interpretation of the new rules that enhance the ground effect.

The fear that lurks in the staff of engineers who worked on the 2022 car , says the reporter, is that, from the very first stages of the championship, the F1-75 could pay an average gap of about half a second compared to the most accredited competition. It would actually be a big problem because, in an era of budget cap and heavily restricted hours in the gallery and CFD , recovery is not as simple as you can imagine.

wowgr8
wowgr8

Half a second to the best teams would be quick enough for a lucky win but that's a massive gap

JPBD1990
JPBD1990

How can they be satisfied with the car mechanically (I assume referring to suspension), and the engine, but the aero be so horrendous they expect to be half a second behind the best?

Honestly it looks like they’ve shuffled a few words in the Turrini quote that’s been doing the rounds all off-season - something about ‘if they arrive at the track and are half a second behind, it’s all over’ or some BS.

jumpingfish

I don’t understand, or is Turrini spreading his speculations and doubts, or what happens there if positive signals about a new car come from everywhere? Or did Ferrari build such a fast car that they couldn't believe it themselves and began to wonder if the data from the simulator and the wind tunnel were lying?

JPBD1990
JPBD1990

jumpingfish wrote:
15 Feb 2022, 15:19
I don’t understand, or is Turrini spreading his speculations and doubts, or what happens there if positive signals about a new car come from everywhere? Or did Ferrari build such a fast car that they couldn't believe it themselves and began to wonder if the data from the simulator and the wind tunnel were lying?
2004 vibes… we can dream

wowgr8
wowgr8

JPBD1990 wrote:
How can they be satisfied with the car mechanically (I assume referring to suspension), and the engine, but the aero be so horrendous they expect to be half a second behind the best?

Honestly it looks like they’ve shuffled a few words in the Turrini quote that’s been doing the rounds all off-season - something about ‘if they arrive at the track and are half a second behind, it’s all over’ or some BS.
F1at are very reliable, and I trust what they say on Turrini because they're Italian speakers who would have understood what Turrini was trying to say with that quote, but I'm also struggling to make sense of what Turrini is saying there, why would the Ferrari engineers think that now when the cars development is 90% done and not at the start? They haven't seen how anyone else performs. I hope he's wrong and that the gap to the front is smaller than that

LM10
LM10

JPBD1990 wrote:

That’s exactly what they’ve done in the above article. Isolated the words from Turrini which go like “if they are behind Mercedes and RedBull by half a second” and added the (alleged) worries some Ferrari engineers are told to have (only Turrini has put that speculation in the world until now). The product is the quote from above.

If you have some numbers like “team A is half a second slower than team B” at the current point, where it’s simply impossible to know, you can be sure of that being some made up BS.

jumpingfish

wowgr8 wrote:
15 Feb 2022, 15:28
JPBD1990 wrote:

F1at are very reliable, and I trust what they say on Turrini because they're Italian speakers who would have understood what Turrini was trying to say with that quote, but I'm also struggling to make sense of what Turrini is saying there, why would the Ferrari engineers think that now when the cars development is 90% done and not at the start? They haven't seen how anyone else performs. I hope he's wrong and that the gap to the front is smaller than that
Can teams intentionally run false rumors about their cars to lower expectations? For example, a "source" said Turrini, we have doubts about our design. And now we see those rumors

JPBD1990
JPBD1990

Exactly. I think Turrini’s quote was misinterpreted, and has just been spun through every possible news outlet.

My reading of the broken English was pondering - if they arrive at race one and are half a second behind, it’s back to the drawing board.

Instead it’s been interpreted as ‘Ferrari expect to be half a second behind’.

I could well be wrong too. Only time will tell!
(Hope not tho!)

wogx

Fake?
Kukułka zwyczajna, kukułka pospolita – nazwy ludowe: gżegżółka, zazula (Cuculus canorus) – gatunek średniego ptaka wędrownego z podrodziny kukułek (Cuculinae) w rodzinie kukułkowatych (Cuculidae). Jedyny w Europie Środkowej pasożyt lęgowy. Zamieszkuje strefę umiarkowaną.

ScrewCaptain27

100% fake. Nice livery though.
"Stupid people do stupid things. Smart people outsmart each other, then themselves."
- Serj Tankian

codetower

wowgr8 wrote:
15 Feb 2022, 15:16
Half a second to the best teams would be quick enough for a lucky win but that's a massive gap
My thoughts exactly. A lucky win at best if the .5 second gap is accurate. You are looking at ~30 seconds back at the end of the race. I am not even sure that gets you into the top 5.

codetower

Uff I hope it's fake. I don't like it. Don't like the half black, and the red is too bland. At least judging from this one shot, for me this would be one of my least favorite liveries presented thus far (Haas is still the worst). Even the Williams looks nice.

jumpingfish

I also hope it's fake. That black color on the rear starting from a random place is so ugly. Also the font for 55 number is from 2021, probably they will use another fonts