2022 Oracle | Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
NL_Fer
NL_Fer

Re: 2022 Oracle | Red Bull Racing F1 Team

organic wrote:
29 May 2022, 23:29
shultz wrote:
29 May 2022, 20:41
Quick question: are Max and Checo still on PU1 or did they start using PU2 recently? Will they start using PU2 in Baku?
Honda brought Max onto Pu2 at France last year which was round 7

This year Max is on his first PU still for all components but exhaust (but exhaust has much higher allowance) and we've had round 7 (Monaco). Unless Honda/RB's strategy has changed since last year, I'd expect them to put a fresh unit in for Baku and maybe it will offer slightly more performance (given they don't need the rest of the engines to be able to do every single session for 7 weekends)

Seems Honda may have been more conservative, had less wear on the engines than expected, been able to extend their life due to the straight-line speed Red Bull possesses, or some combination of these aspects

On Checo, I believe he is on his first PU for most components but second for some. He will probably have to take a penalty at some point.
The ‘21 France PU was more powerfull and more reliable that the first PU of ‘21. Max won very much with his second PU. Until Mercedes decided to burn their PU’s.

chrisc90

Sergio signed with redbull until 2024.

Great decision. Congrats to checo

silver
silver

It's another 2 year extension! :o

So Gasly is certainly leaving.

Spoutnik
Spoutnik

He deserves it !!

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

Watto
Watto

Great news for Checco and RB.

He has been great this year works well with MV and the team and I think has helped RB a lot on splitting pit stratagies and so on to force mistakes or at least which do you cover. A lot Merc for the most of the hybird era

e30ernest
e30ernest

Huge congrats to Checo. He deserves that seat. I hope with the 2-year extension, he can release some pressure off him and start performing better too.

NAPI10
NAPI10

Performing at cut-throat team like Redbull against Max is not easy. Checo deserves every bit of it. =D> =D>

lh13
lh13

Checo's confidence will help the team massively, especially in the WCC fight.

Watto
Watto

NAPI10 wrote:
01 Jun 2022, 04:33
Performing at cut-throat team like Redbull against Max is not easy. Checo deserves every bit of it. =D> =D>
I think it also benefits Max too someone that pushes him. But allows RB to be aggressive with pit strategies like last weekend If there was only one RB chasing the Ferarris it makes the earlier pit a risky move, seen races this year too where they put both on different strategies to force a move from Ferrari who do you cover. Perez has been driving fantastically well.

ringo

lh13 wrote:
29 May 2022, 19:54
etusch wrote:
TNTHead wrote:
29 May 2022, 19:41
Very happy for Perez! He is delivering, although strategy favouring him today.

Very funny to read many people are already seeing Perez taking the title
This is some kind of forum law: the most recent results are immediately projected on the driver for remainder of the season, whether it be a flaw or a win.
You don't understand but maybe it is because of you.
I know Perez not as fast as vers many time. But when you look to points (which was cause of the comment) he is there isn't he?
I wouldn't put my money on him though. Max is a proven winner, his performances in Jeddah and Imola are proof. If Perez can do that over the whole season, then sure, he can win, but if it was any other track than Monaco, Sainz would've passed him, probably Max as well.

Anyway, there's no point in fighting over some that may or may not happen in future. Best to wait and watch. Today, let's just enjoy Checo's deserved win.
Checo just need to do what he is doing to beat Max. He does not need to be faster than Max.
I was attacked during winter testing for saying Checo has a chance. But i could see it based on how he is able to use this car more effectively.
I think he will finish ahead of Max in Baku as well. Max is faster, but that Leclerc fight may make him take more risks setupwise and on the track.
I suspect the team will support checo to be ahead of leclerc but will not allow him to sneak into a championship even if Max has 5 mechanical dnf to give him that chance.
For Sure!!

etusch

Jolyon Palmer's F1 TV Analysis | 2022 Monaco Grand Prix

NAPI10
NAPI10

ringo wrote:
01 Jun 2022, 08:07
lh13 wrote:
etusch wrote:
You don't understand but maybe it is because of you.
I know Perez not as fast as vers many time. But when you look to points (which was cause of the comment) he is there isn't he?
I wouldn't put my money on him though. Max is a proven winner, his performances in Jeddah and Imola are proof. If Perez can do that over the whole season, then sure, he can win, but if it was any other track than Monaco, Sainz would've passed him, probably Max as well.

Anyway, there's no point in fighting over some that may or may not happen in future. Best to wait and watch. Today, let's just enjoy Checo's deserved win.
Checo just need to do what he is doing to beat Max. He does not need to be faster than Max.
I was attacked during winter testing for saying Checo has a chance. But i could see it based on how he is able to use this car more effectively.
I think he will finish ahead of Max in Baku as well. Max is faster, but that Leclerc fight may make him take more risks setupwise and on the track.
I suspect the team will support checo to be ahead of leclerc but will not allow him to sneak into a championship even if Max has 5 mechanical dnf to give him that chance.
Checo will be a handful in Baku....track which rewarded him with multiple podiums.He will be high on confidence with a victory in Monaco & 2-year contract; add to that a track that is so kind to him.
If he manages to win at Baku; Max will be under huge pressure.

silver
silver

NAPI10 wrote:
01 Jun 2022, 16:11
ringo wrote:
01 Jun 2022, 08:07
lh13 wrote:

Checo will be a handful in Baku....track which rewarded him with multiple podiums.He will be high on confidence with a victory in Monaco & 2-year contract; add to that a track that is so kind to him.
If he manages to win at Baku; Max will be under huge pressure.
All that any driver has to do, is to get better results than his team mate, consistently to be in the championship hunt. If Perez can do it, good for him and team would have no choice but to put their weight behind him.

Sitting pretty behind the drivers fighting ahead, is not always going to be rewarding and if that was so, Sainz would be in with a shout as well. In a championship season, every contender has had to go through moments of heart break and then tough it out. There would still be races like Bahrain, Saudi, Imola and Miami where the likes of Verstappen and Leclerc would run away and score a 1-2. If not for a failure, Verstappen would have ended behind Leclerc in Bahrain and if not for a failure, Leclerc would have comfortably won Spain.

It's not that it would be only Verstappen and Leclerc who are going to keep getting failures and Perez would take advantage of it. There might be races where Perez might just have another failure or two. Monaco was an exception, than a norm. If Sainz gets his act together and if Mercedes can put some performance in that car, then Perez would have a tougher challenge to out qualify and out race the likes of Sainz, Russell and Hamilton consistently. So yes, if Perez can go out there and beat the drivers in front him in the standings and the others who may have improved form and car in the next 15 races, then he can be a champion and Redbull will automatically coronate him.

toraabe
toraabe

Nice. At the same time I hope that RB puts Gaffa Tape on Jos Verstappens mouth for the rest of the season. What he said after Monaco is just ridiculous