2022 Oracle | Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Gillian

Re: 2022 Oracle | Red Bull Racing F1 Team

silver wrote:
29 May 2022, 19:29
etusch wrote:
29 May 2022, 18:46
Neuron wrote:
29 May 2022, 18:23
Very nice mind cleaning in RBR after last week. Checo grabbed win, forgot about Barcelona - now they can go back to the "desired" order :) But what is more spicy - Perez is very close to Leclerc in WDC now...
He is also close vers too. He is wdc contender if he keeps his performance
My concern about Perez is, he is not a good race day driver. To win a title against the likes of Verstappen and Leclerc, he needs to be as good as them. This year, the reliability concerns are higher and if he faces a second DNF, like Verstappen has already has, then it would put him quite far back.

Verstappen was 6th after Australia while Perez was fourth with over 50 points down to Leclerc and he is leading the championship now. I doubt if Perez can put together performances like that. He falls away as soon as the race start and only when something happens to his team mate and the two Ferraris, he comes into play. While Perez was unlucky in Bahrain to lose out 15 points, he was lucky to get 6 extra points in Spain after both Ferraris were out of the way for him. But then Verstappen was unlucky and lost out 36 points. I am sure Redbull understands which basked to put their eggs in.
Very nicely said again.

Gillian

TNTHead wrote:
29 May 2022, 19:41
Very happy for Perez! He is delivering, although strategy favouring him today.

Very funny to read many people are already seeing Perez taking the title :lol:
This is some kind of forum law: the most recent results are immediately projected on the driver for remainder of the season, whether it be a flaw or a win.
I don't get it either. It's as if this race was the only race of the season. Complete disregard for the past races of this season where Perez had no answer to Verstappens pace. Even ignoring the fact everything went Perez's way this weekend. #-o

etusch

TNTHead wrote:

This is some kind of forum law: the most recent results are immediately projected on the driver for remainder of the season, whether it be a flaw or a win.
You don't understand but maybe it is because of you.
I know Perez not as fast as vers many time. But when you look to points (which was cause of the comment) he is there isn't he?

lh13

etusch wrote:
TNTHead wrote:

Very funny to read many people are already seeing Perez taking the title
I know Perez not as fast as vers many time. But when you look to points (which was cause of the comment) he is there isn't he?
I wouldn't put my money on him though. Max is a proven winner, his performances in Jeddah and Imola are proof. If Perez can do that over the whole season, then sure, he can win, but if it was any other track than Monaco, Sainz would've passed him, probably Max as well.

Anyway, there's no point in fighting over some that may or may not happen in future. Best to wait and watch. Today, let's just enjoy Checo's deserved win.

shultz

Quick question: are Max and Checo still on PU1 or did they start using PU2 recently? Will they start using PU2 in Baku?

HondaPOD

shultz wrote:
29 May 2022, 20:41
Quick question: are Max and Checo still on PU1 or did they start using PU2 recently? Will they start using PU2 in Baku?
Max is still using his first PU components, Checo is using his first ICE but uses the 2 MGUH and TC since Jeddah.

NL_Fer

I guess they took a gamble with Perez got to inters and it just worked out. Although it was marginal. Saintz Wet-Hard strategy almost was the better choice.

dfegan358

If sainz doesn’t get held up by latifi, he wins that race imo.

organic

shultz wrote:
29 May 2022, 20:41
Honda brought Max onto Pu2 at France last year which was round 7

This year Max is on his first PU still for all components but exhaust (but exhaust has much higher allowance) and we've had round 7 (Monaco). Unless Honda/RB's strategy has changed since last year, I'd expect them to put a fresh unit in for Baku and maybe it will offer slightly more performance (given they don't need the rest of the engines to be able to do every single session for 7 weekends)

Seems Honda may have been more conservative, had less wear on the engines than expected, been able to extend their life due to the straight-line speed Red Bull possesses, or some combination of these aspects

On Checo, I believe he is on his first PU for most components but second for some. He will probably have to take a penalty at some point.
Last edited by organic on 29 May 2022, 23:47, edited 1 time in total.

chrisc90

I think we always do well on the PU side of things. Odd component does get in the way but 95% of the time the PU is great. Last year one was written off at silverstone and I still don’t think a extra one was needed. Credit to Honda for making mega reliable engines.

TNTHead

etusch wrote:
29 May 2022, 19:48
TNTHead wrote:

For sure Perez is doing great, but he needs to beat VER on regular basis before we can conclude he is in the mix for WDC.

radosav

Wouter wrote:
\:D/ \:D/ \:D/ Perez wins the MONACO GP !! =D> =D> =D>

:idea: He already signed a new contract! =D>

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FT8FxvsWYAE ... name=small

yes, there is a video of him telling Horner that he maybe signed the contract too soon

Wouter

radosav wrote:
30 May 2022, 01:18
Wouter wrote:
\:D/ \:D/ \:D/ Perez wins the MONACO GP !! =D> =D> =D>

:idea: He already signed a new contract! =D>
yes, there is a video of him telling Horner that he maybe signed the contract too soon
Here it is. Thanks to @mitodriver. :wink:

The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

Checo and Horner before the podium ceremony.

The Power of Dreams!

chrisc90

So relaxed and always full of humour.

Checo deserves his seat