2022 Oracle | Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Gillian
Gillian

Re: 2022 Oracle | Red Bull Racing F1 Team

I feel a bit responsible for this stupid discussion so I apologize. It's said to see so much hatred towards Verstappen and Red Bull but nothing new unfortunately. It's very similar to the hate towards Schumacher back in the day so I guess it's some form of compliment.

Fantastic drive by Verstappen again, showing how Perez really isn't some kind of magic tire whisperer. 14 wins in a season =D>

Sieper

That’s it probably. The Mercedes had a small shot in USA, denied. The Mercedes had a great chance here, denied. So we go over to RBR dissing in the RBR team thread again. Why it is needed, well. Peace out.

Wouter

Nice to see GP Lambiase on the podium!

The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

Verstappen: "Felt on Friday that a hard tire wouldn't work in Mexico"

Max Verstappen already felt on Friday that the hard tire would not work in the Formula 1 Grand Prix of Mexico. Mercedes opted with both drivers on Sunday for the hardest rubber that Pirelli had taken, but that turned out not to be a happy choice. "I did try the hard tire during the first practice, but it didn't feel right. So I didn't want to use that compound in the race."

One- or two-stop in mind for the race?

"We knew in advance that the first stint was going to be crucial for us. We had to stay ahead at the start and then keep the soft tire alive long enough. Both worked well, although I did get a little bit at the end of the stint. bit in trouble at the left front. Anyway, the gap was already big enough to extend the stint a little longer," Verstappen said in the press conference after the race. "Once we went to the mediums, everything worked well anyway. We realized quite early in the second stint that we could make it to the end."

The Dutchman says that he entered the race with several tactical options and that the number of pit stops was not fixed. "We left that open. We had agreed that we would see what the tire degradation would be like during the race. That's why we opted for a start on softs, so we could go in all directions. That tire lasted surprisingly long until four laps before my pit stop and even then I wasn't really under pressure. It was all about managing."

"When we had mediums under the car, we had to wait a few more laps to see how they would hold up. But after a few laps the picture was very positive and we were sure there was no need for a second stop."
The Power of Dreams!

etusch

Redbull pitwall made good desicion many times but for me, for the first time I deeply felt that Redbull has a wonderfull peoples to manage to race or any other process in the racing team as a whole. They had proper analise on tyres, they proved it on track, made strategy and drivers run it properly. Wonderfull.
I wonder what redbul pitwall felt when they hear the radio message of merso which tells "hards are true choice they will be slower at the end of race, hammer time etc" :lol:

PierreW
PierreW

I am truely amazed at how complete the RB18 is.

dry condition - check
wet condition - check
high temp - check
low temp - check
altitude - check
traditional track - check
urban tracks - check
Power tracks - check
High downforce tracks- check
straigth line speed without DRS - check
straight line speed with DRS -check
tyre degradation over soft, medium, hard and inter -check
powerful and reliable engine - check
set up suited to both qualif and race - check
TD39 proof - check

Not the fastest car ever relative to its competition, but one of the most balanced and without any obvious weakness. It can perform everywhere and under every condition. With a pilot as talented as Max, it becomes a true war machine.

hollus

On topic please. There is s thread to complain about skype and there is a thread where regurgitated 2021 events can be re-re-repeated.
Rivals, not enemies.

Wouter

hollus wrote:
31 Oct 2022, 11:21
On topic please. There is s thread to complain about skype and there is a thread where regurgitated 2021 events can be re-re-repeated.
In this thread has been posting again since a long time since this morning . Unread post 31 Oct 2022, 05:42
" How useless is sky sports f1"

I didn't know that thread existed. Plus, I didn't put Max's story from the Post Race PC here to complain, it's just a bit of information
and explanation from Max as to why he doesn't want to talk to Sky anymore. This is the RBR thread after all.

Anyone who wants to discuss this further should therefore go to that Sky Thread.

viewtopic.php?t=30460
The Power of Dreams!

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

I think that pace wise, RB should be very strong again in Brazil and Abu Dhabi. Two circuits with back to back very long straights meaning teams have to compromise. RB will be able to utilized their medium downforce package at both of these circuits. I expect races that are very similar to the USA (assuming no turn 1 carnage) and I even think RB can do a 1-2 in Brazil with their aero efficiency.

organic

AR3-GP wrote:
31 Oct 2022, 14:27
I think that pace wise, RB should be very strong again in Brazil and Abu Dhabi. Two circuits with back to back very long straights meaning teams have to compromise. RB will be able to utilized their medium downforce package at both of these circuits. I expect races that are very similar to the USA (assuming no turn 1 carnage) and I even think RB can do a 1-2 in Brazil with their aero efficiency.
The many low speed corners combined with the long straight is a good combination for RB at Brazil.

Abu Dhabi also will be an excellent track for rb18 imo. Even better than Brazil

basti313
basti313

organic wrote:
31 Oct 2022, 14:35
AR3-GP wrote:
The many low speed corners combined with the long straight is a good combination for RB at Brazil.

Absolutely. Plus both tracks will be an overtaking festival. We already saw a lot of action last year, with the new cars this will be great. So even if something goes wrong at the start or with a SC, there is no issue.
Don`t russel the hamster!

Big Tea

west52keep64 wrote:
31 Oct 2022, 01:32
Gillian wrote:
31 Oct 2022, 01:18
west52keep64 wrote:
31 Oct 2022, 01:07

From the horse's mouth, so to speak.
What else is he going to say? "No the car is suited exactly to me but I still suck". :lol:

Fact is he had a car he liked perfectly, a car Verstappen was unhappy with, yet he still he got beat over a race distance substantially.

Funny this. With Hamilton the story is how he's such a great car developer, helping the team build a faster car. With Verstappen it's just the team building a car that suited to him and no one else. With Hamilton the narrative is he beats all his great team mates and with Verstappen it's he never has a great team mate and a car that's totally designed for just him.

Really interesting how that works. :lol:
I've shared a quote and an interview from Perez himself. I didn't mention Hamilton, neither did Perez. I don't think anyone said any of the other stuff you said. So I guess that's just your narrative then?
Juzh wrote:
31 Oct 2022, 01:26
They developed the car in such a way that it now actually turns into corners, something it wasn't doing early on, aka they made the car faster. Amount of understeer rb18 had initially was comical really. What perez was expecting to happen is anyone's guess. We've seen what understeer did to ferrari in mexico. Sainz, who is not a top level driver and similar to perez, says car was great to drive but in the end it finished +1 minute behind the winner. Meanwhile leclerc who likes a car that is lose on the rear was saying car is awful, which is a much better reflection of reality.
I doubt anyone of us will ever know how they've developed the car, but Perez obviously has his thoughts and he decided to voice them to the media. I'd recommend watching the whole interview as there are some other interesting comments.
But I think we all (well, most) know they are not going to make a car worse. An upgrade may suit one driver more than the other, but is never going to make it worse.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

basti313 wrote:
31 Oct 2022, 14:57
organic wrote:
31 Oct 2022, 14:35
AR3-GP wrote:

Absolutely. Plus both tracks will be an overtaking festival. We already saw a lot of action last year, with the new cars this will be great. So even if something goes wrong at the start or with a SC, there is no issue.
Yep Brazil is an overtaking festival even with the nasty aero wash of previous seasons. The only trick will be that it's a sprint weekend so they will have to nail the setup in FP1.

mendis
mendis

Schumacher congratulates Max on breaking his record of most wins in a season!

Wouter

From now on.

The Power of Dreams!