2022 Oracle | Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
dans79

Re: 2022 Oracle | Red Bull Racing F1 Team

chrisc90 wrote:
17 Nov 2022, 19:46
dans79 wrote:
17 Nov 2022, 19:42
chrisc90 wrote:
17 Nov 2022, 19:30

Answer the question. Was Toto toxic or not last year? it only requires a yes or no answer.
No, I can't recall any comments from Toto that were of a toxic nature.

"Christian is a bit of windbag that wants to be on camera...he should be a bit more modest I think."
Ty, I did not know of that one.

with that being said, It seems Horner started that particular issue.

And I have to say imo, Toto was nicer about it than I would have been!
197 104 103 7

mendis
mendis

dans79 wrote:
17 Nov 2022, 20:01
chrisc90 wrote:
17 Nov 2022, 19:46
dans79 wrote:
17 Nov 2022, 19:42

No, I can't recall any comments from Toto that were of a toxic nature.

"Christian is a bit of windbag that wants to be on camera...he should be a bit more modest I think."
Ty, I did not know of that one.

with that being said, It seems Horner started that particular issue.

And I have to say imo, Toto was nicer about it than I would have been!
One can say exactly that about Horner's statement too! This is what I was saying earlier, people make rabid choices. Toto made a certain choice whereas you would have made a more aggressive choice and you blame team personnel for it. Someone else on the roadside makes an even aggressive choice to go and attack Red Bull team members. Not that different.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Guys, don't get baited by the usual suspects lashing out in order to cope...Misery loves company.

Anyhow, on a different note.

TNTHead

What happened with this thread? It's not pleasant to read. I guess I leave until the storm calmed down.

chrisc90

TNTHead wrote:
17 Nov 2022, 20:51
What happened with this thread? It's not pleasant to read. I guess I leave until the storm calmed down.
The discussion about turn 2 in Brazil spilled into about 3-4 other threads. :roll:

Big Tea

TNTHead wrote:
17 Nov 2022, 20:51
Good Idea, I'm out too
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

aMessageToCharlie
aMessageToCharlie

I love the Toto & Horner drama. It's almost as good as the on track action. Some of these team bosses are Incredibly entertaining.

gshevlin
gshevlin

SiLo wrote:
17 Nov 2022, 18:19
MadMax wrote:
17 Nov 2022, 14:27
Wouter wrote:
17 Nov 2022, 13:44
RBR STATEMENT
First half of that is bending over backwards to keep Max happy. Standard team PR mumbo-jumbo.

The second half is saddening to read. We all have a passion for F1 and motor racing but that doesn't mean people should be threatened on social media or elsewhere.
Nothing about Checo in there. This team is genuinely odd.

Max is to Red Bull what Mbappe is to PSG.
Statement Translation:

"Er, um, we screwed up by asking Max to move over for Checo, at which point he lost it and revealed a silly resentment that he has been holding on to for months.
We told both our drivers to zip it. Now can we please talk about the weather or the price of fish?"

AeroDynamic

this whole saga seems kind of weird.

Red Bull aren't complete dummies. They deliberately put Verstappen on the spot in public to put pressure on Max to bend to their will and it failed (and backfired on them for hurting their driver's image and hurting their trust with Max)

You don't go against an agreement or prior discussion you had with your number 1 driver before when you already know how they feel unless you're intentionally trying to force something.

I respect the teams willingness to push this for Checo, because I honestly would never have counted on them doing it. It all seems really dumb managing on their part, and they aren't dumb.

F1NAC

Wouter wrote:
RBR STATEMENT
A Comment Following The Brazil GP
The Team has released the following comment.
Written by Oracle Red Bull Racing

Published on 17.11.2022 · 12:00 UTC+1

As a team we made some mistakes in Brazil. We had not envisaged the situation that unfolded on the last lap and we had not agreed a strategy for such a scenario before the race. Regretfully, Max was only informed at the final corner of the request to give up position without all the necessary information being relayed. This put Max, who has always been an open and fair team player, in a compromising situation with little time to react which was not our intention. Following the race Max spoke openly and honestly, allowing for both drivers to resolve any outstanding issues or concerns. The Team accept Max's reasoning, the conversation was a personal matter which will remain private between the team and no further comment will be made.
The events that followed from a social media point of view are completely unacceptable. The abusive online behaviour towards Max, Checo, the Team and their respective families is shocking and saddening and unfortunately is something that we as a sport are having to address with depressing regularity. There is no place for it in racing or society as a whole and we need to do and be better. At the end of the day this is a sport, we are here to race. Death threats, hate mail, vitriol towards extended family members is deplorable. We value inclusion and want a safe space for everyone to work in and enjoy our sport. The abuse needs to stop.
I love how they played the social media toxicity card.. yet didn’t acknowledge that Max’s mum was socially abusive to Checo, claiming he had an affair. Disaster

gshevlin
gshevlin

The intervention by Sophie Kumpen went way off the reservation. But it was predictable that she would say something incendiary. Her mother instinct was activated.
Red Bull has a lot of work to do over the winter.
The reality is that there is also a lot of dysfunctionality in that family, with Max's father and his well-documented anger management issues (including domestic abuse).

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

F1NAC wrote:
17 Nov 2022, 22:32
Wouter wrote:
RBR STATEMENT
A Comment Following The Brazil GP
The Team has released the following comment.
Written by Oracle Red Bull Racing

Published on 17.11.2022 · 12:00 UTC+1

As a team we made some mistakes in Brazil. We had not envisaged the situation that unfolded on the last lap and we had not agreed a strategy for such a scenario before the race. Regretfully, Max was only informed at the final corner of the request to give up position without all the necessary information being relayed. This put Max, who has always been an open and fair team player, in a compromising situation with little time to react which was not our intention. Following the race Max spoke openly and honestly, allowing for both drivers to resolve any outstanding issues or concerns. The Team accept Max's reasoning, the conversation was a personal matter which will remain private between the team and no further comment will be made.
The events that followed from a social media point of view are completely unacceptable. The abusive online behaviour towards Max, Checo, the Team and their respective families is shocking and saddening and unfortunately is something that we as a sport are having to address with depressing regularity. There is no place for it in racing or society as a whole and we need to do and be better. At the end of the day this is a sport, we are here to race. Death threats, hate mail, vitriol towards extended family members is deplorable. We value inclusion and want a safe space for everyone to work in and enjoy our sport. The abuse needs to stop.
I love how they played the social media toxicity card.. yet didn’t acknowledge that Max’s mum was socially abusive to Checo, claiming he had an affair. Disaster
None of this was alleged. The photos of what was reported were in the british junk tabloids during the Monaco weekend. Perez issued a public statement that the matter was behind him.
Last edited by AR3-GP on 17 Nov 2022, 23:04, edited 2 times in total.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

gshevlin wrote:
17 Nov 2022, 22:37
The intervention by Sophie Kumpen went way off the reservation. But it was predictable that she would say something incendiary. Her mother instinct was activated.
Red Bull has a lot of work to do over the winter.
The reality is that there is also a lot of dysfunctionality in that family, with Max's father and his well-documented anger management issues (including domestic abuse).
What has Red Bull racing to do with family affairs? Red Bull's only concern is the car.

Just say you aren't coping well with the lack of success of another team.

dans79

AR3-GP wrote:
17 Nov 2022, 22:50
What has Red Bull racing to do with family affairs? Red Bull's only concern is the car.

Just say you aren't coping well with the lack of success of another team.
So you think the abuse Max got as a child has no bearing on how he interacts with the team, his teammate, or any other driver on the grid, or person in the paddock?

If so, you might be in for a shock, because studies say otherwise.
197 104 103 7

gshevlin
gshevlin

If Red Bull's only concern was the car, they would have said nothing. They can, however, see when one of their drivers is digging himself into a PR hole.
The reality is that there is a lot of family turbulence, and when a driver's parents begin making intemperate public comments, that will inevitably drag the driver's family into the public domain whether that is a good outcome or not.