2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Shal_Leg16
Shal_Leg16

Re: 2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Spoutnik wrote:
26 May 2022, 11:51
F1NAC wrote:
26 May 2022, 11:30
Shal_Leg16 wrote:
26 May 2022, 09:27

i personally think Ferrari are no match to RB on strategy front.
agreed RB have multiple options because of Perez but still other things like Pit stops, etc are so avg by Ferrari almost 3 to 3.5 seconds. Also In certain situations RB always goes for the kill always ready to take extra risk while Ferrari stay more traditional , more passive - responsive type.
What a non sense... When did RB this season go for "the kill" while Ferrari didn't? some of your arguments are ridiculous.
He might think about pitting under SC in Miami for Perez, or going for the undercut and doing an extra stop in Barhein for Verstappen.
Last season they were going for the kill too, Abu Dhabi or even Jeddah are prime example of their "extra risk" strategy (underfueling Perez's car, pitting every time under SC or VSC, putting Verstappen on the softer tyres to keep track position at the restart after the red flag even if it's costly on race pace hoping for another SC...).

Regarding the debate on Sainz the last 2 pages I think you have to remember Perez had a dreadful start of season in 2021.. but was a very valuable asset at the end of the season
exactly. its not about one race or a particular reason, its a obvious fact how sharp RB are on strategy. if Ferrari and RB have near about same car unless Ferrari improve , max will have advantage.

JPower
JPower

Big Tea wrote:
26 May 2022, 16:39
wickedz50 wrote:
26 May 2022, 05:27
All bygones be bygones. A win this weekend is most important for this year WDC. Nothing more than a win will bring back this team and Charles a more positive motivated fighting spirit. RBR will play all mind games and throw everything to mentally break the entire Ferrari unit. The pressure is immense and I hope Charles can lead the way for Ferrari. He has to lift his team with all the mental strength and spirit. I hope Ferrari have smooth and clean weekend.
I see this weekend as important to Charles confidence. He was bouncing for it last year and so gutted.
If he does not get a good performance if not a win this week it could be the decisive point of his year and through that possibly his career.

It may sound dramatic, but it is all the tipping points like this that decide a career in the end.
Yes, I consider that to be extremely dramatic.

Sevach
Sevach

That's cool imagery.

Hopefully the bad streak is broken.

Alonsismo
Alonsismo

the best driver free for the next year is Alonso.

dialtone
dialtone

Alonsismo wrote:
26 May 2022, 19:53
Alonso has already done his stint in Ferrari, both are pretty done with one another.

Cuky

Alonsismo wrote:
Honestly, who cares? Sainz and Leclerc have their contracts and Alonso is the past, not the future. Even if he may (which is not given at all) provide them with boost in results short term they would still be back at starting point after his one or two years in the team. Ferrari doesn't need that at all, they need to build for years to come.

Alonsismo
Alonsismo

dialtone wrote:
26 May 2022, 20:09
Alonsismo wrote:
Alonso has already done his stint in Ferrari, both are pretty done with one another.
this isnt done.
we need a happy ending, since 2012 nothing has been the same for Alonso and Ferrari.

JPower
JPower

Alonsismo wrote:
27 May 2022, 00:44
dialtone wrote:
26 May 2022, 20:09
Alonsismo wrote:
this isnt done.
we need a happy ending, since 2012 nothing has been the same for Alonso and Ferrari.
It's done. It's been a decade. More than enough chances for Ferrari to bring Alonso back. Seeing as how he's dead on par with Ocon for the past 30 races or so, I don't see what he'd be bringing to Ferrari that they don't have now.

Zynerji

Sainz is fine. The car will come to him over the season.

sunny1304r
sunny1304r

Ferrari needs a driver whom they can throw under the bus in favor of Leclere just like RedBull does with Perez. Alonso isn't that kind of driver. Also I think Sainz will eventually adapt with the current car, he is a good driver but not as good as Leclere or Max or Russell.

bagajohny
bagajohny

Ferrari is not too far away but damn the RB guys are consistent af.

dialtone
dialtone

bagajohny wrote:
27 May 2022, 06:09
https://i.imgur.com/aMOfhoX.png

As I said earlier, the average Ferrari fan hates their team and I will never understand why, you can see the same stuff on Gazzetta's comments. And then they complain the team doesn't take risks, when any single mistake is met with hate, and when they perform, still hate because so few keep up with the numbers on the team, they just remember the few mistakes.

continuum16

bagajohny wrote:

Interesting to see that Red Bull has not had to change a front wing at a pit stop this year.

The Ferrari pit crew does seem generally better compared to recent years, which is good.
"You can't argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"
- Mark Twain

Shal_Leg16
Shal_Leg16

bagajohny wrote:

at times such stats / charts explain nothing more that just simple digits.

it is telling me ferrari are so.good in pitstopts but for eg. in imola as i remember in perez had a 2.27s stop , next lap Leclerc had 3.7s stop. leclerc still came out a second ahead but due to cold tyres he couldn't defend against perez. these are fine margines where RB are spot on. im pretty much sure had leclerc had a similar stop he would have been at lest 2 seconds ahead which would have given him plenty of time to warm up the tyres. May be he would have kept the place and that costly spin would have been avaoide.

Fect is ferrari or even mercs are no match to RB in pits and strategy . revisit last season and calculate how many points Max won due to RB's excellent performance.

organic