2022 Alpine F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Alonso Fan

Re: 2022 Alpine F1 Team

This is not alonso jumping ship for a new project. This is solely alpine wanting piastri. Had alonso signed his 1 year deal it's likely he would have had to retire at the end of next year if no other options opened up. So he jumped in the hope of staying longer. The guy just loves racing. And the paycheck

Have to say though I really like alonso alpine partnership. Not so sure I will like alonso Aston partnership
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

Spoutnik
Spoutnik

Nice analysis

Mansell89
Mansell89

I’m probably in the minority but I think this time Fernando has made a good decision.

They may not look it right now, but Aston are on the up in a big way and that will begin to bear fruit over the next couple of seasons.

Alpine clearly we’re compromising to fit Piastri in and are already tied to Ocon, so Alonso has rightfully gone and got the 2/3 year deal he deserves and wants, at a team where this is now considerable talent in the ranks. I’m super excited to see what Dan Fallows can do.

It kinda suits all parties and whilst there is a chance of Alpine designing a strong challenger next season, i don’t think it is much if any higher than that of Aston Martin designing a strong car, so it’s a sound decision IMO.

People saying it’s for money are miles off the mark.

CjC
CjC

Spoutnik wrote:
01 Aug 2022, 11:52
CjC wrote:
01 Aug 2022, 11:26
Spoutnik wrote:
01 Aug 2022, 10:51
How on earth AM will mount a title challenge/challenge for podium before Alpine ?
Same was said about Hamilton when he left Mclaren for Mercedes… that turned out ok-ish for him :lol:
He left McLaren who was going downward before a big technical overhaul. It was a gamble on the ability of Merc to nail the reg but the team showed some good glimpses in 2012 and Hamilton via Brawn had informations on how promising was the 2014 project.

Alonso is going to a team who is going backward since 2020. A team known for his inability to innovate (Pink Mercedes, Green Red Bull...). The technical overhaul has already took place this year and Aston is on the loser' side.

So it's note a fair comparaison to me.
Alonso is going to get trapped in a McL-Honda 2.0 project. His fans were angry at the nationalist bias of the French team wonder how they will react to the interaction with Stroll.
All very true.
Astons current investment my only get them to the top of the midfield at best and nothing is beating the Red Bull anyway within the years left that even Alonso has in him
Just a fan's point of view

JPower
JPower

Otmar made this very predictable.

Alpine definitely wanted Piastri in that seat.

Alonsismo
Alonsismo

Otmar turned alpine from a promising team, into Force India 2.0.
a mediocre team that will be for years a mediocre midfield team...

This is very bad for alpine...

JPower
JPower

Alonsismo wrote:
01 Aug 2022, 14:28

:roll:

Alonsismo
Alonsismo

JPower wrote:
01 Aug 2022, 14:36
Alonsismo wrote:
01 Aug 2022, 14:28

:roll:
prost out
marcin out
brivio out
alonso out...

this is not good

peewon

I dont think its Otmar. This is above his position so this decision has to come from Rossi. Otmar only does his bidding. The Race article explains the diff. in contract length as the reason but its a good time to remember what Prost said on the way out. Rossi doesnt like sharing the credit with anyone.
Prost commented that Rossi “wants to be alone” and “wants all the light,” and was informed in Qatar,
https://www.autoweek.com/racing/formula ... -out-door/

NAPI10
NAPI10

It will be interesting times during Alpine team meetings in the next half. Team is in intense battle for 4th with Mclr.
Ur lead driver is leaving to join a team with whom u will fight(most probably) next year for 4th or 5th. Will u share all technical know-how/tricks of the car so performance can be optimized on the track?

Redragon

Ricardo and Alonso leaving after 2 years that means they are not committed and decided what it is “the plan”

Redragon

NAPI10 wrote:
01 Aug 2022, 15:06
It will be interesting times during Alpine team meetings in the next half. Team is in intense battle for 4th with Mclr.
Ur lead driver is leaving to join a team with whom u will fight(most probably) next year for 4th or 5th. Will u share all technical know-how/tricks of the car so performance can be optimized on the track?
Money is money but i would be more worried of Alonso tricks after yesterday, once on a Q&A with Voordome recognise he lies sometimes about track and settings to gain advantage to team mates. Ocon closed yesterday the doors to experience and knowledge

RedNEO

Alonsismo wrote:
01 Aug 2022, 10:06

Alpine lost alonso due to the pathetic otmar work...
Time to change my logo haha

Spoutnik
Spoutnik

CjC wrote:
01 Aug 2022, 13:42
Spoutnik wrote:
01 Aug 2022, 11:52
CjC wrote:
01 Aug 2022, 11:26

Same was said about Hamilton when he left Mclaren for Mercedes… that turned out ok-ish for him :lol:
He left McLaren who was going downward before a big technical overhaul. It was a gamble on the ability of Merc to nail the reg but the team showed some good glimpses in 2012 and Hamilton via Brawn had informations on how promising was the 2014 project.

Alonso is going to a team who is going backward since 2020. A team known for his inability to innovate (Pink Mercedes, Green Red Bull...). The technical overhaul has already took place this year and Aston is on the loser' side.

So it's note a fair comparaison to me.
Alonso is going to get trapped in a McL-Honda 2.0 project. His fans were angry at the nationalist bias of the French team wonder how they will react to the interaction with Stroll.
All very true.
Astons current investment my only get them to the top of the midfield at best and nothing is beating the Red Bull anyway within the years left that even Alonso has in him
They might became the new Red Bull but Alonso will be their Coulthard for sure (he will left before the car became really competitive). The only way for this to be good for him is that AM does a Brawn GP 2009.

I would add Alonso is way past is prime. Hamilton was sent in retirement home for few unlucky races while Alonso gets matched by Ocon on a regular basis... Not sure he can mount a title challenge even if he has a good car against the best (Verstappen & co).

RedNEO

Mansell89 wrote:
01 Aug 2022, 13:33
I’m probably in the minority but I think this time Fernando has made a good decision.

They may not look it right now, but Aston are on the up in a big way and that will begin to bear fruit over the next couple of seasons.

Alpine clearly we’re compromising to fit Piastri in and are already tied to Ocon, so Alonso has rightfully gone and got the 2/3 year deal he deserves and wants, at a team where this is now considerable talent in the ranks. I’m super excited to see what Dan Fallows can do.

It kinda suits all parties and whilst there is a chance of Alpine designing a strong challenger next season, i don’t think it is much if any higher than that of Aston Martin designing a strong car, so it’s a sound decision IMO.

People saying it’s for money are miles off the mark.
I concur. I’m excited to see what they can accomplish together with Dan Fallows at the helm. :)