2022 Alpine F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
aran.vtec
aran.vtec

Re: 2022 Alpine F1 Team

Ocon had these same racing tactics with Perez , You shouldn't be racing team mates this hard.

draghixa
draghixa

diffuser wrote:
01 Aug 2022, 07:06
RedNEO wrote:
31 Jul 2022, 23:25
diffuser wrote:
31 Jul 2022, 19:18

Is Ocon my choice? No

What's the point in be labouring that contract? Not like it's something new.
I’m not trying.. my point was the bias within the team. I just saw the red flags when they began plastering the car with french flags. It’s not a nice position to be in within a team if you’re the faster driver but the slower one gets handed a contract at the drop of a hat.
Think you're looking for stuff that isn't there.
That contract was signed Jan 2021, before Alonso's return. I Also don't think Alonso's having any problems renewing his contract with Alpine.
Actually I don't think it's signed in January , I remember it was signed after a few races that the team praised Ocon's progress in 2021 season.

Bisonas

Ok, my guess on the "Status" drivers are discussing with engineers. These discussions about the "Status" are being happening for many races now.

My take on this:

"Status Zero" may be a code for lets say "Go as fast as possible, without destroying tires or taking unnecessary risks, staying inside your strategy targets".. I think "status zero" is something like that.

When Engineers are asking drives what is their "Status", i think that the response "Status three", or "Status five" or "status eight" is a way to make the team know how slow their going compared to their ultimate race pace"
I guess "status eight" Alonso is responding to his engineer is something like " i am cruising around"

I used to think that the "Status" had to do with the condition of tires and the overall managing of tires, but after this race, and the Ocon/Engineer and Alonso/Engineer dialogues it may have to do something with their race pace also.

Both Drivers where told to go status Zero at various points in the race.
Alonso was upping the pace immediately until he came close to the car in front, and then said to the team, ok guys i will drop back. i cant pass and i am destroying tires"

Ocon was also told to go or stay at "status zero", multiple times and he was in clean air most of the time. He decided to disobey that order and keep going slow to over manage tires etc, as he l8r admitted to his engineer and had that heated dialogue. He was so much focused on staying in front of Alonso that didn't actually care about the Mclarens and what pit windows, or safety car windows needed to be closed or opened. He literally slowed the pace of both cars not caring about the Mclarens.

Alonsismo
Alonsismo

Alpine lost alonso due to the pathetic otmar work...

organic

I guess they swapped otmar for Alonso :lol:

Piastri will join alpine immediately without the Williams loan presumably?

Bisonas

It is very Shocking tbh.
I really don't know what to say.
I am afraid it may prove to be a bad decision for both Alpine and Alonso in the long run.

But only time will tell..
Last edited by Bisonas on 01 Aug 2022, 11:07, edited 2 times in total.

Kamel
Kamel

I am shocked..

Alonsismo
Alonsismo

im shocked too...

I want the 3rd tittle, and now i see this almost impossible...

BlueCheetah66
BlueCheetah66

This feels so odd. Personally, I felt Alpine were a team moving up and potentially the team to join the top 3. Maybe Alonso didn't like what he saw behind the scenes

That’s a coup.

I rewatched the opening laps and I don’t understand why he was so angry, firm driving from OCO but nothing reckless
Team ANTI-HYPE. Prove it, then I’ll anoint you.

BlueCheetah66
BlueCheetah66

I reckon this came down to Alonso wanting to stay in F1 longer than Alpine wanted him. They obviously plan for Piastri and Ocon to be their future lineup.

Shakeman

Clutching my pearls at this news.

Spoutnik
Spoutnik

How on earth AM will mount a title challenge/challenge for podium before Alpine ?

CjC
CjC

BlueCheetah66 wrote:
01 Aug 2022, 10:32
This feels so odd. Personally, I felt Alpine were a team moving up and potentially the team to join the top 3. Maybe Alonso didn't like what he saw behind the scenes
First Ricciardo and now Alonso seeing a better chance of competitiveness away from Renault
Just a fan's point of view

CjC
CjC

Spoutnik wrote:
01 Aug 2022, 10:51
How on earth AM will mount a title challenge/challenge for podium before Alpine ?
Same was said about Hamilton when he left Mclaren for Mercedes… that turned out ok-ish for him :lol:
Just a fan's point of view