2022 FIM MotoGP

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
xaero
xaero
0
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:18 am

Re: 2022 FIM MotoGP

Post

AMG.Tzan wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:45 pm
Marc ready to come back in Austin apparently... :o

https://www.instagram.com/stories/marcm ... 133994539/
=D> =D>
We need a miracle. We need only one racing lap.

User avatar
AMG.Tzan
30
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:35 am
Location: Greece

Re: 2022 FIM MotoGP

Post

For those without Instagram :lol:

"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

User avatar
etusch
87
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:09 pm
Location: Turkey

Re: 2022 FIM MotoGP

Post

Will MM make 8 in 8?

User avatar
AMG.Tzan
30
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:35 am
Location: Greece

Re: 2022 FIM MotoGP

Post

etusch wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 7:59 pm
Will MM make 8 in 8?
From 9th and with 5 Ducatis in the first 5 positions I don't think so...

He didn't put a good lap in...he could have been top 6 with a good lap I think but not top 3! Hopefully a good start can put him in the top 5 early on and then a podium may be on the cards if everything goes to plan!

At least he's back racing and he's still fast enough to be in Q2 and even be the fastest Honda!
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

johnny comelately
johnny comelately
48
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:55 pm
Location: Australia

Re: 2022 FIM MotoGP

Post

Commentator's curse causes Quartararo's crash :wink:
Hondas continue to be unstable injury machines. How surprising is it to see the once leader looking for someone as a reference, shame on Honda.
It is an interesting observation to see the methodology of Ducati vs yamaha/honda/suzuki vs KTM, Aprilia in bike development, particularly since Audi got involved.
Only one Yamaha is laptime quick despite a serious lack of poke, with Quartararo's crash showing how close to the wind he is to to produce those laptimes.
Ducatis are the complete machines, what a journey for them since entering MotoGP.
Not a KTM or an Aprilia in sight! showing what a fickle game this is with milliseconds involved sometimes (in practice and qually)
Why is Bagnaia not the leader so much this year? His teammate responding to contract pressure, not the sign of a champion.

User avatar
etusch
87
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:09 pm
Location: Turkey

Re: 2022 FIM MotoGP

Post

AMG.Tzan wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 9:09 pm
etusch wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 7:59 pm
Will MM make 8 in 8?
From 9th and with 5 Ducatis in the first 5 positions I don't think so...

He didn't put a good lap in...he could have been top 6 with a good lap I think but not top 3! Hopefully a good start can put him in the top 5 early on and then a podium may be on the cards if everything goes to plan!

At least he's back racing and he's still fast enough to be in Q2 and even be the fastest Honda!
I also meant Q. He couldn't get pole and chain broken. Now we will look the race. I don't know about race pace and tyre lifes. Yea there are 5 ducatis but I don't think they will be there at race too. Maybe 1 or 2 of them.

User avatar
Andres125sx
158
Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:15 am
Location: Madrid, Spain

Re: 2022 FIM MotoGP

Post

etusch wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 7:59 pm
Will MM make 8 in 8?
I bet he wont. He crashed in 2019 so it would be 8 in 9 :P

User avatar
AMG.Tzan
30
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:35 am
Location: Greece

Re: 2022 FIM MotoGP

Post

I expect one of the Duactis to win!

I mean, it's 5 of them, how can they possibly lose?? :lol:
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

User avatar
etusch
87
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:09 pm
Location: Turkey

Re: 2022 FIM MotoGP

Post

I mean maybee they are fast at one lap but maybe not race distance. Maybe Quartararo or Rins or maybe vinales win

xaero
xaero
0
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:18 am

Re: 2022 FIM MotoGP

Post

Seems old Marc is coming back. Somehow his start got messed up (mostly gear change issue ... not sure though) which prevented him from getting involved in podium contention. Great effort though considering recent events.
We need a miracle. We need only one racing lap.

User avatar
AMG.Tzan
30
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:35 am
Location: Greece

Re: 2022 FIM MotoGP

Post

xaero wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 7:49 pm
Seems old Marc is coming back. Somehow his start got messed up (mostly gear change issue ... not sure though) which prevented him from getting involved in podium contention. Great effort though considering recent events.
He could easily have won this one, such a shame...

He was miles faster even after pushing so much to pass all the riders from 24th down to 6th! Nice battle with Quatararo there, I didn't expect Marc to hold on to 6th. After the messed up start I was afraid he was going to crash cause every time he had to come from the back of the field he crashed while pushing too much (Jerez 2020)!

Thankfully he hold his composure and apart from a scare at turn 1 he was back to his old best!

Bastianini looks quite strong and I'm really surprised both from him and the Gresini team! Marc desperately needs a win if he is to join the championship fight but I don't see that coming in Portimao, Jerez or Le Mans! Indonesia in the rain, Argentina and USA were all his best chances for victory... :?

I hope the new Honda can prove me wrong though!!
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

johnny comelately
johnny comelately
48
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:55 pm
Location: Australia

Re: 2022 FIM MotoGP

Post

Hats off to Bastianini, skill plus racecraft.
The Gresini team did a first class job of setup.

On another note, tremendous to see Rins with the Ukrainian flag at the finish.
Last edited by johnny comelately on Sun Apr 10, 2022 11:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

johnny comelately
johnny comelately
48
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:55 pm
Location: Australia

Re: 2022 FIM MotoGP

Post

AMG.Tzan wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:30 pm
xaero wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 7:49 pm
Seems old Marc is coming back. Somehow his start got messed up (mostly gear change issue ... not sure though) which prevented him from getting involved in podium contention. Great effort though considering recent events.
He could easily have won this one, such a shame...

He was miles faster even after pushing so much to pass all the riders from 24th down to 6th! Nice battle with Quatararo there, I didn't expect Marc to hold on to 6th. After the messed up start I was afraid he was going to crash cause every time he had to come from the back of the field he crashed while pushing too much (Jerez 2020)!

Thankfully he hold his composure and apart from a scare at turn 1 he was back to his old best!

Bastianini looks quite strong and I'm really surprised both from him and the Gresini team! Marc desperately needs a win if he is to join the championship fight but I don't see that coming in Portimao, Jerez or Le Mans! Indonesia in the rain, Argentina and USA were all his best chances for victory... :?

I hope the new Honda can prove me wrong though!!
What do you think went wrong with Marc's start? Pit lane limiter??

xaero
xaero
0
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:18 am

Re: 2022 FIM MotoGP

Post

johnny comelately wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:31 pm
What do you think went wrong with Marc's start? Pit lane limiter??
Nope. Mark sort of confirmed, it was not pit limiter.
We need a miracle. We need only one racing lap.

User avatar
etusch
87
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:09 pm
Location: Turkey

Re: 2022 FIM MotoGP

Post

AMG.Tzan wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:30 pm
xaero wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 7:49 pm
Seems old Marc is coming back. Somehow his start got messed up (mostly gear change issue ... not sure though) which prevented him from getting involved in podium contention. Great effort though considering recent events.
He could easily have won this one, such a shame...

He was miles faster even after pushing so much to pass all the riders from 24th down to 6th! Nice battle with Quatararo there, I didn't expect Marc to hold on to 6th. After the messed up start I was afraid he was going to crash cause every time he had to come from the back of the field he crashed while pushing too much (Jerez 2020)!

Thankfully he hold his composure and apart from a scare at turn 1 he was back to his old best!

Bastianini looks quite strong and I'm really surprised both from him and the Gresini team! Marc desperately needs a win if he is to join the championship fight but I don't see that coming in Portimao, Jerez or Le Mans! Indonesia in the rain, Argentina and USA were all his best chances for victory... :?

I hope the new Honda can prove me wrong though!!
Honda bike is quite new and I think it will be better race to race.
It is strange that there is a star at ducati every year and it just keep his shine one or a half season. Last year it was Bastianini who is not bad but not that good this season, and this season the man Bastianini. I wonder how long he will shine.