Andretti application made to FIA for 2024

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Freelander
Freelander

Andretti application made to FIA for 2024

https://www.espn.com/racing/story/_/id/ ... pplication

Maybe if Haas loses it's principle sponsor the Andrettis can to buy them and be on the grid next year.

NathanOlder

Re: Andretti application made to FIA for 2024

Andretti apparently confirmed to be running Renault power units as well.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Mr Brooksy

I really hope Michael gets his application approved! I used to follow him during the CART years, after Mansell went to the US and I realised they race decent cars there too...

Renault really needs another team to work alongside, and the Andretti name will always be more of an American fan base puller than Haas ever could be.
WilliamsF1 fan since 1989

jjn9128

I hope they get in AND Haas survive (even if they get a new owner) a minimum of 22 cars should be F1's aim.

I know Wolff is already moaning about how it wont "benefit existing teams" meaning "they won't be my bitch" like how Williams pissed him off by hiring Albon over DeVries.
#aerogandalf
"There is one big friend. It is downforce. And once you have this it’s a big mate and it’s helping a lot." Robert Kubica

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

jjn9128 wrote: ↑
26 Feb 2022, 12:12

I know Wolff is already moaning about how it wont "benefit existing teams" meaning "they won't be my bitch" like how Williams pissed him off by hiring Albon over DeVries.
Or simply that the money will have to be split between more teams so each team will get less. :roll:
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

PlatinumZealot

What I am struggling to understand is this: Big teams last year had budgets pushing 400million. These sky-high budgets were covered by prize money ~100M, sponsorship ~250M? And other activities (parent company contributions?). Now with the budget cap being 150M, or 250M LESS than before, with teams having basicallu the same sponsorship money, or even more if you consider F1's value has gone up, how can the big teams be complaining about dilution?! I would expect this to be concern of smaller teams.
πŸ–οΈβœŒοΈβ˜οΈπŸ‘€πŸ‘ŒβœοΈπŸŽπŸ†πŸ™

Jolle
Jolle

PlatinumZealot wrote: ↑
28 Feb 2022, 15:35
What I am struggling to understand is this: Big teams last year had budgets pushing 400million. These sky-high budgets were covered by prize money ~100M, sponsorship ~250M? And other activities (parent company contributions?). Now with the budget cap being 150M, or 250M LESS than before, with teams having basicallu the same sponsorship money, or even more if you consider F1's value has gone up, how can the big teams be complaining about dilution?! I would expect this to be concern of smaller teams.
My guess is not the prize money or the running costs but that, if they want to sell their team, so basically their value, would be lower because of a bigger offer in the number of teams. For teams the best scenario is ten licences and a max of 20 cars on the grid, so new entries are at the mercy of the exciting licence holders. Now their licence is as much worth as a new application.

chrisc90

More cars the better in my opinion. It would be awesome to see a extra team on the grid. Maybe some teams just dont like the prospect of extra competition?

NathanOlder

chrisc90 wrote: ↑
28 Feb 2022, 20:37
More cars the better in my opinion. It would be awesome to see a extra team on the grid. Maybe some teams just dont like the prospect of extra competition?
I guess the likes or Williams, Haas, Alfa would not welcome another team as it jas a big chance of moving them back down the grid.
13 teams would be ideal in my opinion. 26 cars is a good size grid and in the case of a disaster where a team suddenly folds, it wouldn't leave the grid looking half empty.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

basti313
basti313

The question is, where a new team gets hundreds of millions for the development. Not in the US...maybe middle east?
Plus they need a technology sponsor like Haas got with Ferrari which sees a hole in the rules to run some extra CFD and wind tunnel time for crazy ideas with them. Otherwise they will just be another Mannor.
Don`t russel the hamster!

Big Tea

NathanOlder wrote: ↑
01 Mar 2022, 11:53
chrisc90 wrote: ↑
28 Feb 2022, 20:37
I guess the likes or Williams, Haas, Alfa would not welcome another team as it jas a big chance of moving them back down the grid.
13 teams would be ideal in my opinion. 26 cars is a good size grid and in the case of a disaster where a team suddenly folds, it wouldn't leave the grid looking half empty.
I enjoyed the days of 'pre-qualifying'. It was as interesting as many of the races :D
The only problem I see with more cars is that most of the tracks seem too short as it is.
Traffic queues in qualli plus the Blue Flag rule would mean a real policing job required to not only let the leaders past but to stop a car that has been lapped moving backwards faster than it goes forwards.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

PlatinumZealot

basti313 wrote: ↑
01 Mar 2022, 12:20
The question is, where a new team gets hundreds of millions for the development. Not in the US...maybe middle east?
Plus they need a technology sponsor like Haas got with Ferrari which sees a hole in the rules to run some extra CFD and wind tunnel time for crazy ideas with them. Otherwise they will just be another Mannor.
If the venture is projected to be profitable, it should be very possible to attract that one billion dollars. The marketing exposures and technological synergies would be huge for any American company who's globally expanding.
πŸ–οΈβœŒοΈβ˜οΈπŸ‘€πŸ‘ŒβœοΈπŸŽπŸ†πŸ™

basti313
basti313

PlatinumZealot wrote: ↑
01 Mar 2022, 16:15
basti313 wrote: ↑
01 Mar 2022, 12:20
If the venture is projected to be profitable, it should be very possible to attract that one billion dollars. The marketing exposures and technological synergies would be huge for any American company who's globally expanding.
If there is an existing, successful F1 team it is easy to get 100 million dollars from any new tech company.
BUT and that is what Haas is suffering on: No company today gives money into a sinkhole. There is no company in the western world giving you 100 million euro if they do not even know for sure that you are on the grid next year and/or most probably you do not stand a chance.
Don`t russel the hamster!