Netflix Formula 1 Survey

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
SF2022_

Netflix Formula 1 Survey

For all viewers of the Netflix production Formula 1, we are conducting a study about fan engagement, the interactions with the racers and the entertainment of the series. If you have about 15 minutes, we would be happy if you can tell us more about your experiences in our online survey.
The data will be collected anonymously and only for academic purposes. It is part of a bigger project examining the same constructs with viewers of different entertainment productions (Emily in Paris, Formula 1, Bridgerton, Stranger Things) and it is part of my dissertation project in media use and media effects.

hollus

Re: Netflix Formula 1

A link to the survey could be helpful?
Rivals, not enemies.

izzy

Re: Netflix Formula 1 Survey

15 minutes is a bit greedy. 5 I might have gone for. With a link lol as hollus says

aMessageToCharlie

Please no "fan boost".

Martin Keene

15 minutes? 5 seconds more like, as there is no sign of a survey!

Just_a_fan

Simple answer to Netflix et al - stay out of our sport. We don't need fake TV drama thanks.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

the EDGE

Just_a_fan wrote:
15 Mar 2022, 11:49
Simple answer to Netflix et al - stay out of our sport. We don't need fake TV drama thanks.
Respectfully disagree, DTS gives us access to a side of the sport we would otherwise not see, their behind the scenes access is thrilling

NathanOlder

the EDGE wrote:
15 Mar 2022, 11:58
Just_a_fan wrote:
15 Mar 2022, 11:49
Respectfully disagree, DTS gives us access to a side of the sport we would otherwise not see, their behind the scenes access is thrilling
I disagree, as we have seen they show the behind the scenes footage with the wrong sound bites from oboard, they put 2 different days of footage together like it was 1 conversation. Its all fake BS drama. I agree with Just_a_fan, stay out of our sport, your BS drama is not whats needed. I don't know many lifelong fans who enjoy drive to survive, one thing I have seen from a few viewers is, each season has got worse. Its going downhill and the fake drama is a joke.

If you have a servey , best take it to facebook or instagram, not a technical forum.

edit - Also like to add when you hear, Max doesnt want to be on the show, Norris saying portions of Drive to Survive not correct, it shows its not quite accurate. No info is better than bad info .
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Sieper

DTS is abysmal. I cant even bring myself to watch it anymore. And I love flashy colored F1 cars and that certain magic around the sport, the theater I guess,that it is. Just keep it real, there is more than enough to show, plenty drama. Stop copying and pasting to make all kind of thought up stories happen.

Big Tea

Re: Netflix Formula 1

hollus wrote:
14 Mar 2022, 22:42
A link to the survey could be helpful?
Is this a genuine contact? Looks like bait to me :mrgreen:
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

SiLo

DTS should have just stuck to the facts in the sport. The drama already exists.
Felipe Baby!

marvin78

SiLo wrote:
15 Mar 2022, 13:18
DTS should have just stuck to the facts in the sport. The drama already exists.
And even that seems far to artificially produced more and more.

codetower

I've been watching Formula 1 for about 3 decades. I actually like DTS. I think if you actually watched the races, the practices, the drivers, and if you have some real F1 knowledge, you can actually sit back and enjoy the "show". It's just there for entertainment, not for me to learn anything new.

Just_a_fan

codetower wrote:
15 Mar 2022, 15:06
I've been watching Formula 1 for about 3 decades. I actually like DTS. I think if you actually watched the races, the practices, the drivers, and if you have some real F1 knowledge, you can actually sit back and enjoy the "show". It's just there for entertainment, not for me to learn anything new.
DTS might be a bit of fun for those with decent knowledge of F1, but for those just coming to the sport for the first time, it presents a very false narrative - it's edited for effect with things shown together that had no relationship in real time. It's like watching Days of Thunder and thinking that's what NASCAR is - after all, it featured real NASCAR drivers and cars.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

adrianjordan

Just_a_fan wrote:
15 Mar 2022, 16:03
codetower wrote:
15 Mar 2022, 15:06
DTS might be a bit of fun for those with decent knowledge of F1, but for those just coming to the sport for the first time, it presents a very false narrative - it's edited for effect with things shown together that had no relationship in real time. It's like watching Days of Thunder and thinking that's what NASCAR is - after all, it featured real NASCAR drivers and cars.
Agreed. I do think that the F1 fan base has become more partisan and combative as well since DTS drew in more casual fans.
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️