Titanium vs light bulb

Here are our CFD links and discussions about aerodynamics, suspension, driver safety and tyres. Please stick to F1 on this forum.

What is the source of the light?

Light bulb
82%
Friction
18%

Total votes: 22

CMSMJ1
CMSMJ1

Re: Titanium vs light bulb

SiLo wrote:
14 Apr 2022, 00:32
@mods - please lock this thread. It's a sensor. It's been a sensor for years. It's been explained how the sensor works and why the teams use them.

I'm happy to get banned for two weeks to call anyone thinking otherwise a complete and utter moron.
Can't disagree with you. Let's not go into moron calling though. I am sure that a technical conversation can be had which proves the situation?

Methinks Vorticism is playing this with tongue firmly in cheek... :o

Why would the other cars not demonstrate similar behaviours?
Do we have footage of the cars, or other vehicles (as per my previous post in W13 ref the Ducati MotoGP bikes..)

it's always been a light. It was never a friction based emission as that would require stupendous energies, would be detrimental to performance and would demonstrate variable behaviour.

Somehow, Occam's razor has been dropped behind the couch and the wilful lust for theories and for one's opinion to be right is forgotten in the madness to prove it.

Let's see someone with a friction argument really bring it and convince us. Flat Earth, moon landings...glowing F1 bibs! If the evidence is there, then I can be persuaded.
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

SiLo

CMSMJ1 wrote:
14 Apr 2022, 00:43
SiLo wrote:
@mods - please lock this thread. It's a sensor. It's been a sensor for years. It's been explained how the sensor works and why the teams use them.

I'm happy to get banned for two weeks to call anyone thinking otherwise a complete and utter moron.
Can't disagree with you. Let's not go into moron calling though. I am sure that a technical conversation can be had which proves the situation?

Do we have footage of the cars, or other vehicles (as per my previous post in W13 ref the Ducati MotoGP bikes..)

it's always been a light. It was never a friction based emission as that would require stupendous energies, would be detrimental to performance and would demonstrate variable behaviour.

Somehow, Occam's razor has been dropped behind the couch and the wilful lust for theories and for one's opinion to be right is forgotten in the madness to prove it.

Let's see someone with a friction argument really bring it and convince us. Flat Earth, moon landings...glowing F1 bibs! If the evidence is there, then I can be persuaded.
This attitude can be refreshing in the right context, but this isn't it chief.
Felipe Baby!

cooken
cooken

CMSMJ1 wrote:
14 Apr 2022, 00:43
SiLo wrote:

It is not moronic to see the footage of the sparking plate and subsequent glow and think, "holy cow is that so hot it's glowing?"

It is completely without question moronic to then watch the car go another 500m down the track with no further grounding but no change whatsoever in the light source and read several examples complete with photographic evidence of confirmed identical cases to the contrary, and yet still insist that it is hot metal.

johnny comelately
johnny comelately

SiLo wrote:

maybe so, but the use of this data is what is the more important point to discuss,
I was hoping some of the chassis gurus would expand on this point (knowing there has been some discussion in other threads but far from detailed, unless I have missed it)

CMSMJ1
CMSMJ1

Fair enough - I agree that this is not a thread going places..
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

vorticism

By comparison my initial suggestion was relatively well received.
vorticism wrote:
13 Apr 2022, 06:34
It's ball lightning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPkupFNev50
No downvotes at least. Wizened fans will recall its last appearance.

𓄀

johnny comelately
johnny comelately

CMSMJ1 wrote:
14 Apr 2022, 01:08
Fair enough - I agree that this is not a thread going places..
I dont agree, because its a decision possibly based on a call by someone who thinks this is trivial.
Whereas its an interesting point as it relates to a serious chassis problem

PlatinumZealot

This thread was a good sanity check. Good learning.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏