Banning ad revenue

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
vorticism

Banning ad revenue

Advertising, just like tobacco smoke or vehicle emissions, one could claim is harmful to the consumer. Spam likely has deleterious effects upon cognitive health, thus the FIA might consider eliminating ads on the cars and on the tracks.

A side benefit would be an improvement to the aesthetics of the cars. The spectator would be able to view the car as a car, rather than a billboard. This would improved the spectator's experience, as they get to observe sculpture without distraction.

If museums are facing funding shortfalls, do they place stickers on the fine marble and bronze of their collection? Since the FIA is in the business of styling cars while making political statements, perhaps this is something they could consider.

𓄀

Andres125sx

Re: Banning ad revenue

Except they would all look the same. With no sponsors there´s no reason to paint the car as it´s useless weigth, they would all be black (carbon fiber).

I love raw carbon fiber cars, or whatever, but I prefer to know what car is what at first sight without focusing on this curve or that shape to find out what car is what.

But I agree advertising is just a manipulation tool wich should be under control. Maybe a mandatory layer of paint would be enough to solve the problem

dialtone
dialtone

Advertising is as old as the world is. It's totally ridiculous to say it's manipulation or that it's harmful. This sport is literally a form of advertising for car brands... smh. Maybe folks you should try to run your own small business and try to get your name known without any form of advertising and then let's see how people discover you.

Zynerji

Please keep these Woke ideas as far away from F1 as possible. Subjectively choosing what is "good" and "bad" and imposing that will is a privilege that no one on the planet actually has.

PlatinumZealot

Race cars just not the same without stickers.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

vorticism

Zynerji wrote:
14 Apr 2022, 21:00
Please keep these Woke ideas as far away from F1 as possible. Subjectively choosing what is "good" and "bad" and imposing that will is a privilege that no one on the planet actually has.
Too late, there's 200 kg of political correction on the cars already and a WCC ran defund the police liveries on behalf of American PACs.
𓄀

DiogoBrand

I'm sure most teams would love to have a car with no sponsor logos. You just need to tell them your brilliant idea of how to pay the bills if they do that.

proteus

vorticism wrote:
14 Apr 2022, 18:42
Advertising, just like tobacco smoke or vehicle emissions, one could claim is harmful to the consumer. Spam likely has deleterious effects upon cognitive health, thus the FIA might consider eliminating ads on the cars and on the tracks.

A side benefit would be an improvement to the aesthetics of the cars. The spectator would be able to view the car as a car, rather than a billboard. This would improved the spectator's experience, as they get to observe sculpture without distraction.

If museums are facing funding shortfalls, do they place stickers on the fine marble and bronze of their collection? Since the FIA is in the business of styling cars while making political statements, perhaps this is something they could consider.

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/ab/08/4a/ab08 ... af8efe.jpg
https://livedoor.blogimg.jp/markzu-phot ... 25b9f5.jpg
https://i.redd.it/eh97sgvls7lz.png
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/2d/38/d3 ... 1507cd.jpg
https://i.redd.it/d9i8v1o8ud151.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-JMAcN3sAEIw/V ... 7-F1_7.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/tFdgaIk.jpeg
I dont see any peoblem with stickers on cars. But i hate modern way of advertising on the internet which became hostile to say the least. For example i use FB just to write few messages to my friends and family, i have blocked majority of people because i dont care about what have they eaten or where have they been. So my wall is pretty empty, but FB thought they are clever and smeared their adds all over it. So i took my time and sat down for an hour and reported every single ad i got, refreshing and doing it again and finally blocking the advertiser. After that i had a whole month of peace and whenever they try to do it again, i simply report them. In case of Youtube, i have simply stopped watching videos because they became unberable.....TV which i pay for is also horribly filled with ads, even though it is not free. And if i draw the line, i can say that all of this bullying with ads, makes me hate the product as well. So stickers on cars is the smallest problem to me.
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

Andres125sx

dialtone wrote:
14 Apr 2022, 19:32
Advertising is as old as the world is. It's totally ridiculous to say it's manipulation or that it's harmful.
I hope you´re not trying to say that since it´s old, it can´t be harmful. I can provide you a very long list of even older activities wich are extremelly harmful, but we didn´t know until someone did analyse it in detail. That´s progress.

dialtone wrote:
This sport is literally a form of advertising for car brands... smh.
Yes, but car brands manufacturing cars is normal advertising based on their own merits, not on how many $$$$ they´re willing to invest on comercials

dialtone wrote:
Maybe folks you should try to run your own small business and try to get your name known without any form of advertising and then let's see how people discover you.
World and people did exist before TV and internet, and they even were happy and successful :wink: :mrgreen:

SiLo

Advertising on the cars is absolutely fine and makes them look complete.

Your issue is more with online, targeted ads it sounds like.

In terms of F1, this idea would gain zero traction whatsoever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Felipe Baby!

Big Tea

I am very much NOT a fan of advertising, but have come to realise you suffer advertising (or chose not to, which I do when ever it suits me) or Pay for stuff.
There are many sites or pages I chose not to use as I have to 'accept their policy' and do not want to, but also many I suffer as I consciously chose to knowing what they get out of it.
Its the sneaky ones I dislike. Look at who owns Apple -Vanguard, Black Rock Berkshire Hathaway etc, and they probably consider the profits a nice sideline considering their business.

We need more disclosure of what they are taking and a definite 'yes' I understand but you get nothing for nothing so its adverts or pay.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

silver
silver

proteus wrote:
15 Apr 2022, 10:46
After that i had a whole month of peace and whenever they try to do it again, i simply report them. In case of Youtube, i have simply stopped watching videos because they became unberable.....TV which i pay for is also horribly filled with ads, even though it is not free.
There are tons of browser extensions that can provide peace and keep eyes cool. I use a few that stops all kinds of ads on all sites and on YouTube videos too.

Zynerji

Just use Opera browser with integrated ad-block. Ezpz, and 2016 tech...🙄

proteus

silver wrote:
15 Apr 2022, 14:25
proteus wrote:
15 Apr 2022, 10:46
After that i had a whole month of peace and whenever they try to do it again, i simply report them. In case of Youtube, i have simply stopped watching videos because they became unberable.....TV which i pay for is also horribly filled with ads, even though it is not free.
There are tons of browser extensions that can provide peace and keep eyes cool. I use a few that stops all kinds of ads on all sites and on YouTube videos too.
Have used some adblocks, but sooner or later they became unable to contain spamming, since sites are constantly evolving with their dirty tactics...
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

vorticism

We may be able to deduce people's opinions of tattoos based on this thread :)

Mainly I just wanted to post deliveried bodywork and get people thinking about how F1 used to be funded. An aside, I think it's more prevalent in Europe than in diaspora nations, but there are anti-billboard legislation that prevent ads in places like parks and historic zones, roadsides, town centers. For peace of mind, and reduced distraction.
𓄀