Pre-silly-season-silliness.

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Fulcrum
Fulcrum

Re: Pre-silly-season-silliness.

I don't think Hamilton retires mid-season, any year let alone this year, other than as a result of incapacity.

He'd be doing Mercedes a huge disservice, and undermining a relationship he's built for decades.

lh13
lh13

Imagine the criticism on Hamilton if he retires mid-season. He's very careful with what he does because of the extra scrutiny he's always under, which is very unfortunate, so very unlikely to happen.

Zynerji

lh13 wrote: ↑
27 Apr 2022, 17:09
Imagine the criticism on Hamilton if he retires mid-season. He's very careful with what he does because of the extra scrutiny he's always under, which is very unfortunate, so very unlikely to happen.
What "extra scrutiny" does LH have that the rest of the field does not? He's the GOAT. Do you mean he is now expected to win, with style, even in a midfield car?πŸ€”

CHT
CHT

Zynerji wrote: ↑
27 Apr 2022, 18:34
What "extra scrutiny" does LH have that the rest of the field does not? He's the GOAT. Do you mean he is now expected to win, with style, even in a midfield car?πŸ€”
LH will first have to beat his new teammate in the same car

Stu

Back on topic please, everyone. This is not a thread for Hamilton bashing, OP and topic title is about β€œPre-silly season silliness”.
Perspective - Understanding that sometimes the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.

lh13
lh13

Zynerji wrote:
What "extra scrutiny" does LH have that the rest of the field does not? He's the GOAT. Do you mean he is now expected to win, with style, even in a midfield car?
I seriously don't know what you're talking about. All I meant was that some people are always looking for reasons to bash him, and if he retires mid-season, it'll be quite a big reason for said people.

Zynerji

28 Apr 2022, 10:24
Zynerji wrote:
What "extra scrutiny" does LH have that the rest of the field does not? He's the GOAT. Do you mean he is now expected to win, with style, even in a midfield car?
I seriously don't know what you're talking about. All I meant was that some people are always looking for reasons to bash him, and if he retires mid-season, it'll be quite a big reason for said people.
I think all drivers are judged harshly by fans. I don't think Lewis is any different.

With that. I still think we are going to see something unexpected during the season concerning swaps. Vettel, Hamilton and Alonso all have an increased possibly of retirement being multi WDCs in midfield cars. And Danny Ric has something going on (or not) that may have a severe reaction.

JordanMugen

28 Apr 2022, 13:30
And Danny Ric has something going on (or not) that may have a severe reaction.
:?:

Care to elaborate? A move to Indycar?

Zynerji

JordanMugen wrote: ↑
30 Apr 2022, 11:40

He may simply be dropped if he can't get a grip on his season. I hope not, but even his win last year was because they called Lando off the attack. He hasn't impressed me outside of a Red Bull.

adrianjordan

30 Apr 2022, 15:31
30 Apr 2022, 11:40

He may simply be dropped if he can't get a grip on his season. I hope not, but even his win last year was because they called Lando off the attack. He hasn't impressed me outside of a Red Bull.
I've been a big fan of Daniel ever since he debuted in that HRT, or whatever the team was calling itself at the time, but I have to agree. He hasn't looked like the Daniel we knew in his Red Bull days ever since leaving that team.
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! πŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ

JordanMugen

10 Jun 2022, 04:23
I think Vettel, Hamilton, Alonso and possibly Ricciardo are gone for 2024.

Gasley will have options. (Alpine with 2 French drivers? πŸ€”)
Alpine without Alonso and still no spot for Piastri?! :wtf:

Rushu

Vettel returns home. (RB). But not as a driver, in a managerial position. He would be groomed to succeed Marko. Initially he would take care of the Red Bull Driver Academy and later take on the Marko/Lauda role.

Zynerji

10 Jun 2022, 04:55

Sure. Why not?πŸ€”

JordanMugen

10 Jun 2022, 14:24
10 Jun 2022, 04:55

Sure. Why not?πŸ€”
Because it blocks Piastri's path into Alpine. What's the point of having a young driver program, if you don't put a consecutive rookie F3 champion & rookie F2 champion into F1? πŸ€”

So Piastri is just not good enough for Alpine? Alpine have no faith that Piastri could be a future F1 champion?

NL_Fer
NL_Fer

Piastri, Gazly and Ricciardo are the only ones to talk about.