Pre-silly-season-silliness.

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Fulcrum
Fulcrum
15
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:05 pm

Re: Pre-silly-season-silliness.

Post

I don't think Hamilton retires mid-season, any year let alone this year, other than as a result of incapacity.

He'd be doing Mercedes a huge disservice, and undermining a relationship he's built for decades.

lh13
lh13
1
Joined: Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:32 pm

Re: Pre-silly-season-silliness.

Post

Imagine the criticism on Hamilton if he retires mid-season. He's very careful with what he does because of the extra scrutiny he's always under, which is very unfortunate, so very unlikely to happen.

User avatar
Zynerji
108
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:14 pm

Re: Pre-silly-season-silliness.

Post

lh13 wrote: ↑
Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:09 pm
Imagine the criticism on Hamilton if he retires mid-season. He's very careful with what he does because of the extra scrutiny he's always under, which is very unfortunate, so very unlikely to happen.
What "extra scrutiny" does LH have that the rest of the field does not? He's the GOAT. Do you mean he is now expected to win, with style, even in a midfield car?πŸ€”

CHT
CHT
-3
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:24 am

Re: Pre-silly-season-silliness.

Post

Zynerji wrote: ↑
Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:34 pm
lh13 wrote: ↑
Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:09 pm
Imagine the criticism on Hamilton if he retires mid-season. He's very careful with what he does because of the extra scrutiny he's always under, which is very unfortunate, so very unlikely to happen.
What "extra scrutiny" does LH have that the rest of the field does not? He's the GOAT. Do you mean he is now expected to win, with style, even in a midfield car?πŸ€”
LH will first have to beat his new teammate in the same car

User avatar
Stu
Moderator
Joined: Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:05 am
Location: Norfolk, UK

Re: Pre-silly-season-silliness.

Post

Back on topic please, everyone. This is not a thread for Hamilton bashing, OP and topic title is about β€œPre-silly season silliness”.
The more that I learn, the more I appreciate how much more there is to know….

lh13
lh13
1
Joined: Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:32 pm

Re: Pre-silly-season-silliness.

Post

Zynerji wrote:
lh13 wrote: ↑
Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:09 pm
Imagine the criticism on Hamilton if he retires mid-season. He's very careful with what he does because of the extra scrutiny he's always under, which is very unfortunate, so very unlikely to happen.
What "extra scrutiny" does LH have that the rest of the field does not? He's the GOAT. Do you mean he is now expected to win, with style, even in a midfield car?
I seriously don't know what you're talking about. All I meant was that some people are always looking for reasons to bash him, and if he retires mid-season, it'll be quite a big reason for said people.

User avatar
Zynerji
108
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:14 pm

Re: Pre-silly-season-silliness.

Post

lh13 wrote: ↑
Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:24 am
Zynerji wrote:
lh13 wrote: ↑
Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:09 pm
Imagine the criticism on Hamilton if he retires mid-season. He's very careful with what he does because of the extra scrutiny he's always under, which is very unfortunate, so very unlikely to happen.
What "extra scrutiny" does LH have that the rest of the field does not? He's the GOAT. Do you mean he is now expected to win, with style, even in a midfield car?
I seriously don't know what you're talking about. All I meant was that some people are always looking for reasons to bash him, and if he retires mid-season, it'll be quite a big reason for said people.
I think all drivers are judged harshly by fans. I don't think Lewis is any different.

With that. I still think we are going to see something unexpected during the season concerning swaps. Vettel, Hamilton and Alonso all have an increased possibly of retirement being multi WDCs in midfield cars. And Danny Ric has something going on (or not) that may have a severe reaction.

User avatar
JordanMugen
66
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:36 pm

Re: Pre-silly-season-silliness.

Post

Zynerji wrote: ↑
Thu Apr 28, 2022 12:30 pm
And Danny Ric has something going on (or not) that may have a severe reaction.
:?:

Care to elaborate? A move to Indycar?

User avatar
Zynerji
108
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:14 pm

Re: Pre-silly-season-silliness.

Post

JordanMugen wrote: ↑
Sat Apr 30, 2022 10:40 am
Zynerji wrote: ↑
Thu Apr 28, 2022 12:30 pm
And Danny Ric has something going on (or not) that may have a severe reaction.
:?:

Care to elaborate? A move to Indycar?
He may simply be dropped if he can't get a grip on his season. I hope not, but even his win last year was because they called Lando off the attack. He hasn't impressed me outside of a Red Bull.

User avatar
adrianjordan
24
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:34 am
Location: West Yorkshire, England

Re: Pre-silly-season-silliness.

Post

Zynerji wrote: ↑
Sat Apr 30, 2022 2:31 pm
JordanMugen wrote: ↑
Sat Apr 30, 2022 10:40 am
Zynerji wrote: ↑
Thu Apr 28, 2022 12:30 pm
And Danny Ric has something going on (or not) that may have a severe reaction.
:?:

Care to elaborate? A move to Indycar?
He may simply be dropped if he can't get a grip on his season. I hope not, but even his win last year was because they called Lando off the attack. He hasn't impressed me outside of a Red Bull.
I've been a big fan of Daniel ever since he debuted in that HRT, or whatever the team was calling itself at the time, but I have to agree. He hasn't looked like the Daniel we knew in his Red Bull days ever since leaving that team.
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! πŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ

User avatar
JordanMugen
66
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:36 pm

Re: Pre-silly-season-silliness.

Post

Zynerji wrote: ↑
Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:23 am
I think Vettel, Hamilton, Alonso and possibly Ricciardo are gone for 2024.

Gasley will have options. (Alpine with 2 French drivers? πŸ€”)
Alpine without Alonso and still no spot for Piastri?! :wtf:

User avatar
Rushu
2
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:25 am

Re: Pre-silly-season-silliness.

Post

Vettel returns home. (RB). But not as a driver, in a managerial position. He would be groomed to succeed Marko. Initially he would take care of the Red Bull Driver Academy and later take on the Marko/Lauda role.

User avatar
Zynerji
108
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:14 pm

Re: Pre-silly-season-silliness.

Post

JordanMugen wrote: ↑
Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:55 am
Zynerji wrote: ↑
Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:23 am
I think Vettel, Hamilton, Alonso and possibly Ricciardo are gone for 2024.

Gasley will have options. (Alpine with 2 French drivers? πŸ€”)
Alpine without Alonso and still no spot for Piastri?! :wtf:
Sure. Why not?πŸ€”

User avatar
JordanMugen
66
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:36 pm

Re: Pre-silly-season-silliness.

Post

Zynerji wrote: ↑
Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:24 pm
JordanMugen wrote: ↑
Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:55 am
Zynerji wrote: ↑
Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:23 am
I think Vettel, Hamilton, Alonso and possibly Ricciardo are gone for 2024.

Gasley will have options. (Alpine with 2 French drivers? πŸ€”)
Alpine without Alonso and still no spot for Piastri?! :wtf:
Sure. Why not?πŸ€”
Because it blocks Piastri's path into Alpine. What's the point of having a young driver program, if you don't put a consecutive rookie F3 champion & rookie F2 champion into F1? πŸ€”

So Piastri is just not good enough for Alpine? Alpine have no faith that Piastri could be a future F1 champion?

NL_Fer
NL_Fer
76
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:48 am

Re: Pre-silly-season-silliness.

Post

Piastri, Gazly and Ricciardo are the only ones to talk about.