2022 British Grand Prix - Silverstone, July 01 - 03

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
MtthsMlw

2022 British Grand Prix - Silverstone, July 01 - 03

Tire selection

2021 Results
Qualifying

Sprint

Race

2021 Pole Lap

2021 Race Highlights

chrisc90

Re: 2022 British Grand Prix - Silverstone, July 01 - 03

Think this is going to be a big one for upgrades with it being a lot of teams 'home' GP.

Does anyone know which teams are confirmed as bringing upgrades?

Wouter

chrisc90 wrote:
26 Jun 2022, 15:08
Think this is going to be a big one for upgrades with it being a lot of teams 'home' GP.

I don't know how realiable the author is.

https://racingnews365.com/the-updates-r ... rstone/amp

The updates Red Bull hope will keep them on top at Silverstone

Author Paolo Filisetti

RB18 Floor

The Red Bull floor, from the beginning of the season, has been characterised by a particular profiling of the internal edge of the Venturi channels, with evident steps that determine a specific management of the lower flows. The version that will be introduced at Silverstone will present an even more extreme internal profile in the discontinuities, for a very precise management of flows and underneath pressures.

RB18 Rear Wing

In Baku, there were problems with the RB18's DRS actuator. At Silverstone, alongside a revised version of the rear wing, a new DRS actuator, an evolution of the current one, should be introduced.
https://racingnews365.com/silverstone-u ... nd-ferrari
The updates Ferrari hope will propel them to glory at Silverstone

Author Paolo Filisetti

Ahead of the Silverstone race, Ferrari have made a number of changes to the F1-75 as they seek to return to winning ways.
The Power of Dreams!

dialtone

Wouter wrote:
chrisc90 wrote:

Author Paolo Filisetti

RB18 Floor

The Red Bull floor, from the beginning of the season, has been characterised by a particular profiling of the internal edge of the Venturi channels, with evident steps that determine a specific management of the lower flows. The version that will be introduced at Silverstone will present an even more extreme internal profile in the discontinuities, for a very precise management of flows and underneath pressures.

RB18 Rear Wing

In Baku, there were problems with the RB18's DRS actuator. At Silverstone, alongside a revised version of the rear wing, a new DRS actuator, an evolution of the current one, should be introduced.

Author Paolo Filisetti

Ahead of the Silverstone race, Ferrari have made a number of changes to the F1-75 as they seek to return to winning ways.
Didn't Horner say the have only minor stuff?

https://racingnews365.com/horner-reveal ... date-plans

No major stuff before summer brake

organic

dialtone wrote:
26 Jun 2022, 18:54
Wouter wrote:
chrisc90 wrote:

Author Paolo Filisetti

RB18 Floor

RB18 Rear Wing

Author Paolo Filisetti

Didn't Horner say the have only minor stuff?

https://racingnews365.com/horner-reveal ... date-plans

No major stuff before summer brake
Indeed. I looked back at the author's previous articles about RB updates and for instance he was very off about what they'd bring to Spain. Wouldn't put much weight in what the article says

PlatinumZealot

Ahem..

In this thread, the numbers 5 and 1 are henceforth restricted from being used together with the 5 ahead of the 1; and their number compounded thereof shall not be followed by the letter "G" or the words "G-force" nor shall aforementioned compound number be preceded by the terms "deceleration of" or "crash" or "accident" nor shall the word "Copse" be ever be mentioned in the same paragraph.

If these restrictions are not abided by, the Moderators of this forum will swiftly and unbiasedely issue warning to the offending party.

Please withold any references to the FIA Formula 1 (TM) race held in Silverstone, Towcester, UK, in the year Two thousand and twenty one "Anno Domini, " or be swiftly punished by the Mods.

Thank you
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

JPower

Leclerc with a new PU and upgrades at his best track has my vote for pole and the win. He's been excellent at Silverstone regardless of the car's relative performance.

However, I'm sure whatever upgrades RB has might make that irrelevant.

Ryar

PlatinumZealot wrote:
27 Jun 2022, 04:19
Ahem..

In this thread, the numbers 5 and 1 are henceforth restricted from being used together with the 5 ahead of the 1; and their number compounded thereof shall not be followed by the letter "G" or the words "G-force" nor shall aforementioned compound number be preceded by the terms "deceleration of" or "crash" or "accident" nor shall the word "Copse" be ever be mentioned in the same paragraph.

If these restrictions are not abided by, the Moderators of this forum will swiftly and unbiasedely issue warning to the offending party.

Please withold any references to the FIA Formula 1 (TM) race held in Silverstone, Towcester, UK, in the year Two thousand and twenty one "Anno Domini, " or be swiftly punished by the Mods.

Thank you
These words "bounce" so much that reading this, my "back" starts hurting again. :lol:
Hakuna Matata!

erudite450

PlatinumZealot wrote:
27 Jun 2022, 04:19
Ahem..

Thank you
:D :D :D

mclaren111

:D :D :D

Mansell89

Attending my first race in person as a bit of a treat this weekend - hope I’m not asking a stupid question here but even though F1 is not the screaming V10s of yesteryear, do people recommend earplugs being used for the weekend?

Il be in Stowe corner for reference :)

Apologies that it’s not a tech question - just an amateur fan on his first time visit! 😂

siskue2005

Mansell89 wrote:
27 Jun 2022, 11:03
Attending my first race in person as a bit of a treat this weekend - hope I’m not asking a stupid question here but even though F1 is not the screaming V10s of yesteryear, do people recommend earplugs being used for the weekend?

Apologies that it’s not a tech question - just an amateur fan on his first time visit! 😂
Nope, I was there last year... the cars just sneek past u, basically no sound. I had to keep an eye on the track always to see if there is a car coming or not, otherwise u miss them

InsaneX_Badger

Mansell89 wrote:
27 Jun 2022, 11:03

You'll be surprised at how much information you have access to while watching it on TV compared to being there. Was on club corner in 2018 and missed two accidents that happened just down the end of the same straight I was on 😅

chrisc90

Yeah they are mega quiet. Safety car sounds better. As do the formula 2 cars.

I did my first one last year at vale on general admission and a bit underwhelmed to be honest. Limited views and hard to see screens. Grandstand might have been better though.

F1Krof

I'm expecting business as usual. Ferrari pole, RBR race victory, upgrade failures for Merc etc...
Wroom wroom