2022 British Grand Prix - Silverstone, July 01 - 03

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Quantum

Re: 2022 British Grand Prix - Silverstone, July 01 - 03

ringo wrote:
03 Jul 2022, 19:25
Hamilton driver of the race for me. Applying the pressure in a slower car.
Perez.. i'm not sure, just had the fastest car and got lucky. I was surprised he did not win the race after the SC. But he should have been penalized for his antics.
What today revealed though..is Leclerc is on 10 different levels to Sainz. And this is why it was wise for Ferrari to give the Sainz the win. Get the monkey off his back, satisfy his self esteem and chip on the shoulder, then let him know he owes them one and he needs to support Leclerc going forward.
Sainz is happy, but today he learned how much faster Charles is. Charles had a broken car and did the time delta in no time while Sainz was struggling to do it to stay ahead. It's chalk and cheese. Leclerc is very impressive. Super talented!

Max.. was very strong and smart up to the accident. But is to miserable and grumpy when things don't go his way.

Hamilton showed why he is the GOAT. I don't think we fully appreciate what took place today in that dog of a car. the W13 was pressuring the strategists of both redbull and ferrari. You don't see any midfield team ever doing that to a front running team. Had Ocon not fixed the race for Alonso, Hamilton may have been able to overtake both Sainz and Leclerc with the hard tyre delta of 10 laps.

Russel showed his inexperience and also his sense of entitlement. He caused that accident because he wanted so badly to be up the front on the first lap. Then he also tried to do politicking to get his car back on the grid. Once the engine cuts out, and the driver cannot start the car, and its on 3 wheels.. Why does he think he deserves to restart?

Anyhow I am not blaming Ferrari. They made the right decisions. Hamilton would have won if they stacked the cars.
The bias lives strong with this, cmon man.
How is Russell showing entitlement?
Hyperbole on drivers does nobody any favours, by all means worship Hamilton if you like, but at the expense of others?

Ham drove well today, but calling the much improved W13 a dog is also, absolutely nonsensical.
"Interplay of triads"

PlatinumZealot

:evil: Max fast but wild. Too much curb there nearly cost him a finish. He had the car to comfortably win so he should have dialed it down, stayed of the curbs and cruised home.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

chrisc90

Does anyone have the onboard from Max at lap 20/21 when the damage occured?

IN post race interview, Max said a piece of debris on the racing line which he couldnt swerve for, so opted to hit it head on.

Gillian
Gillian

PlatinumZealot wrote:
03 Jul 2022, 19:30
:evil: Max fast but wild. Too much curb there nearly cost him a finish. He had the car to comfortably win so he should have dialed it down, stayed of the curbs and cruised home.
People where hitting each other left and right, but Verstappen was too wild for hitting a curb?

It's not like he was cruising with a 20 seconds lead.

:wtf:

Shrieker

DChemTech wrote:
03 Jul 2022, 19:27
Shrieker wrote:
03 Jul 2022, 19:24
mzivtins wrote:
03 Jul 2022, 19:20

The way the cars world work last year meant massive aero wash caused understeer in hamiltons car from the outwash from verstappens car.

Racing incident and it was awarded with a penalty. Done and dusted.
I did the analysis here last year, and there was no significant understeer either, if at all. They're never gonna let this die. In their minds, Hamilton punted him off and won the race.
"they" are never gonna let it go... yet the first one to bring it up was, to my knowledge, a Hamilton supporter, as were most of the subsequent comments. Who is not going to let it go, exactly?
Max squeezed Mick in the final corner of the race to make him back off, and he's lucky Mick hadn't scored a point before :lol: Had Max remained fair, Mick was going to pass him clean before the line.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

ENGINE TUNER
ENGINE TUNER

Sevach wrote:
03 Jul 2022, 18:58
That SC was called at the exact moment to F... Charles up.
Chandok showed that Ferrari had plenty of time to call LEC in.

DChemTech
DChemTech

Shrieker wrote:
03 Jul 2022, 19:34
DChemTech wrote:
03 Jul 2022, 19:27
Shrieker wrote:
03 Jul 2022, 19:24

I did the analysis here last year, and there was no significant understeer either, if at all. They're never gonna let this die. In their minds, Hamilton punted him off and won the race.
"they" are never gonna let it go... yet the first one to bring it up was, to my knowledge, a Hamilton supporter, as were most of the subsequent comments. Who is not going to let it go, exactly?
Max squeezed Mick in the final corner of the race to make him back off, and he's lucky Mick hadn't scored a point before :lol: Had Max remained fair, Mick was going to pass him clean before the line.
... yes... for which I literally said Max should have been penalized some pages ago, so why bring this up in response?

ispano6

Shrieker wrote:
03 Jul 2022, 19:06
Just_a_fan wrote:
03 Jul 2022, 18:53
DChemTech wrote:
03 Jul 2022, 18:50

True, Hamilton did a much better job making the corner this time :)
Charles didn't try to take his nose off... :D
Hamilton was extra careful after what happened last year, and Charles by the looks of it didn't jerk suddenly towards Hamilton like Max did. It's no surprise Max aficionados think this is what Hamilton should've done last year, without remembering, a) it takes two to tango and b) the biggest different variable being Max's absence. The irony is completely lost on them :lol:
This year Hamilton was well over to the right on the apex, last year not even close.

f1316
f1316

PlatinumZealot wrote:
03 Jul 2022, 19:07
Clumsy by Ferrari, but at least Sainz broke his duck. Exciting race in the last few laps.
Yeah -this tbh. Clumsy is a good word for it. While a win is always important and positive, I find it hard to be too happy given the open goal missed for the championship. Leclerc really drove his heart out today, with significant damage on his car he was still much faster than Carlos and didn’t deserve being hung out to dry at the end; he had made the best of it pre SC but the amount of time it took to let him past Carlos was also just poor team play. RB would have had Max through immediately - same with Lewis and Bottas - and this is what you’re fighting against, can’t afford to mess about.

I think the stories of a Mercedes return are exaggerated. This was always a track which would play to then (as is Paul Ricard) and even then, a damaged Leclerc on 10 lap older tyres had the pace to win before the SC. Sainz’s frankly poor pace - and the lack of either Max or Checo at the front - skewed the picture (as did Charles’ damage). Nevertheless, Mercedes were strong today and that’s good for the sport if they can be thereabouts on their good days.

Shrieker

ispano6 wrote:
03 Jul 2022, 19:37
Shrieker wrote:
03 Jul 2022, 19:06
Just_a_fan wrote:
03 Jul 2022, 18:53

Charles didn't try to take his nose off... :D
Hamilton was extra careful after what happened last year, and Charles by the looks of it didn't jerk suddenly towards Hamilton like Max did. It's no surprise Max aficionados think this is what Hamilton should've done last year, without remembering, a) it takes two to tango and b) the biggest different variable being Max's absence. The irony is completely lost on them :lol:
This year Hamilton was well over to the right on the apex, last year not even close.
I did an analysis on this. Hamilton left the majority of the track to Max, didn't understeer, and being a foot off the apex isn't a 'fault'. Hamilton was just too cautious this time round and took a lot of kerb on the inside, which neither is the usual racing line, nor the apex.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

Schippke
Schippke

ringo wrote:
03 Jul 2022, 19:25
Hamilton driver of the race for me. Applying the pressure in a slower car.

What today revealed though..is Leclerc is on 10 different levels to Sainz. And this is why it was wise for Ferrari to give the Sainz the win. Get the monkey off his back, satisfy his self esteem and chip on the shoulder, then let him know he owes them one and he needs to support Leclerc going forward.
Sainz is happy, but today he learned how much faster Charles is. Charles had a broken car and did the time delta in no time while Sainz was struggling to do it to stay ahead. It's chalk and cheese. Leclerc is very impressive. Super talented!

Hamilton showed why he is the GOAT. I don't think we fully appreciate what took place today in that dog of a car. the W13 was pressuring the strategists of both redbull and ferrari. You don't see any midfield team ever doing that to a front running team. Had Ocon not fixed the race for Alonso, Hamilton may have been able to overtake both Sainz and Leclerc with the hard tyre delta of 10 laps.

Anyhow I am not blaming Ferrari. They made the right decisions. Hamilton would have won if they stacked the cars.
Usually, I agree with a lot of your posts... but there is a lot in here I unfortunately cannot understand.

Lewis' drive was impressive, but equally Mercedes have started extracting performance out of the W13 in more recent races and this was a continuation of it here; Definitely not a Dog of a car today or any longer... they're getting close to Red Bull and I'd argue moving forward, on par with Ferrari.

Not blaming Ferrari for strategy? Getting the monkey of Sainz back? Owing the team one? Really Ringo...? What happened there is just Ferrari dropping the ball (yet again) on an obvious strategy call that would've easily netted them a comfortable 1,2... Binotto's 'words' to Charles I'm somewhat certain was to stop him saying to the pubic what everybody else as a Ferrari fan was/is thinking.

AMG.Tzan

Hamitlon can't battle Perez for some reason! Can't believe he's been bleached so many times by Checo now...

He shouldn't have let the inside open even to the slightest! Perez took the opportunity and left Hamilton and Leclerc behind. Same thing happened on the restart...! Hamilton could have won this today were it not for the safety car! Perez lost him so much time both at the start and at the end of the race...

A shame we didn't get the first start classification! I feel a Verstapen vs Hamilton battle was brewing and it would have been epic around Silverstone again!!
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

PlatinumZealot

Gillian wrote:
PlatinumZealot wrote:
People where hitting each other left and right, but Verstappen was too wild for hitting a curb?

The devil emoticon.. Not sure how it got there! Hand might have slipped.
But no, I thought Max had it in the bag and rode curbs unnecessarily.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

graham.reeds
graham.reeds

Sky haven't mentioned that the roll hoop/blade failed despite playing back the video repeatedly.

DChemTech
DChemTech

PlatinumZealot wrote:
03 Jul 2022, 19:48
Gillian wrote:
PlatinumZealot wrote:

The devil emoticon.. Not sure how it got there! Hand might have slipped.
But no, I thought Max had it in the bag and rode curbs unnecessarily.
According to Max, it wasn't curbs, but driving over a piece of stray carbon that damaged the floor. Once he saw it, he couldn't avoid the piece anymore.