Red Bull should drop Sergio for Alonso

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Schumalonso

Red Bull should drop Sergio for Alonso

This is kinda knee jerk, but every weekend now we see Sergio spin, loose it during practice and have an uphill battle going into qualifying / race. Lackluster in the race. I don’t think Alonso can match Max, but he would be much better than Perez, and would probably challenge Max from time to time. Plus, it would be soooo good for F1 to see him vs the best driver on the grid in the same team for an entertainment point of view. Discuss.
Last edited by Schumalonso on 24 Jul 2022, 16:43, edited 1 time in total.

wesley123

Re: Red Bull should drop Sergio for Alonso

Or, and just hear me out cause this might sound really crazy, they could actually consider their other driver every once in a while instead of it all being Max(and previously Vettel)
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

chrisc90

Alonso hasn’t go many years left in him. So once he retires, who do you replace him with?

Schumalonso

wesley123 wrote:
24 Jul 2022, 16:42
Or, and just hear me out cause this might sound really crazy, they could actually consider their other driver every once in a while instead of it all being Max(and previously Vettel)
Meh - Sergio was garbage all weekend. I’m mean seriously, if he couldn’t even pass the slower Mercedes in a Red Bull given the pace deficit,is almost alarming.

organic

Sergio plays a good second fiddle. Alonso would not yield to max at race starts when he could take a position off him - in fact I'd expect rather the opposite from Fernando.

RB are happy with what they have, even if it comes with weekends like this. Ultimately RB still stretched their WCC out on both Ferrari and Mercedes despite Checo having a weak weekend. He also has weekends like Saudi and Imola where he has good pace

Max has said his best relationship with a teammate is with Checo, and he's integrated into the RB team now. Don't think swapping for Alonso is really a possibility now

Schumalonso

Agreed, but I still don’t think Alonso will match Max. And it would be so fun for competition, let’s be honest - it would so so much fun.

Schumalonso

Schumalonso wrote:
24 Jul 2022, 16:45
wesley123 wrote:
Meh - Sergio was garbage all weekend. I’m mean seriously, if he couldn’t even pass the slower Mercedes in a Red Bull given the pace deficit,is almost alarming.
I would say Russell. He has no more room for advancement other than Red Bull. I’d take him or Alonso, but it would be more fun to see Alonso, and it would probably mean less of a salary than Russell.

Silent Storm

wesley123 wrote:
So on one hand people criticize Ferrari for not prioritizing Leclerc (faster driver) as it makes race strategy and team orders complex, but want Redbull to consider Perez, their slower driver who is happy with the balance of his car yet is slower than the driver who has to adapt and drive around understeer since the first race and is faster still.

Redbull has always prioritized the faster driver within the team. First Seb then Daniel then Max. If someone else joins the team and beats Max then he will be their No1 driver.
The ones with the least to say always want to be heard the most…

Big Tea

Schumalonso wrote:
wesley123 wrote:
We should ask what is different now to when Checo was doing an excellent job. Its the same guy
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Schumalonso

Big Tea wrote:
24 Jul 2022, 17:12
Schumalonso wrote:
wesley123 wrote:
We should ask what is different now to when Checo was doing an excellent job. Its the same guy
He had the same problems last year too. A couple good defenses throughout the season, but underwhelming over all last year and this year.

chrisc90

Norris would be a decent shout

Sieper

Max is the man to concentrate on. The World champion, broke a dominance that will not be seen many times more.

PlatinumZealot

Perez already has a contract in place unfortunately.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Schumalonso

PlatinumZealot wrote:
24 Jul 2022, 17:41
Perez already has a contract in place unfortunately.
Agreed.

Sieper

First Checo is better than Max, then he needs to be dropped. Make up your mind guys.