European Union bans sale of petrol and diesel cars from 2035

Breaking news, useful data or technical highlights or vehicles that are not meant to race. You can post commercial vehicle news or developments here.
Please post topics on racing variants in "other racing categories".
johnny comelately

European Union bans sale of petrol and diesel cars from 2035

The agreement makes it impossible to sell new fossil fuel-powered vehicles in the EU
The deal also includes a 55 per cent cut in CO2 emissions for new cars sold from 2030 versus 2021 levels
Volkswagen signals it will only produce electric vehicles in Europe from 2033
source Reuters.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-10-29/ ... /101593696

proteus

Re: European Union bans sale of petrol and diesel cars from 2035

There is one thing EU still needs to do. They need to atleast double our paychecks so we will be able to afford these new electric cars. I also wonder why do politicions need those big luxurious, long and toxic BMWs, Audis, Mercedeses and etc. for their transport and protocolar duties? They can all br driven in Dacia Springs and other small and cheaper and eco friendlier cars.
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

marcel171281

Good thing tough they didn't ban combustions engines, but only the CO2 emmisions. Leaves the door open for hydrogen engines and don't enforce electric cars. The latter probabaly the lobby of VAG. Brands like Toyota are still very much in the development of hydrogen combustion engines.

maxxer

I live in the Netherlands and there is a huge amount of income for the government on fuel.
So where will they compensate this from i am wondering.
Its like forbidding alcohol and tobacco even the government knows its bad they still allow it and it brings in alot of money.
If we all go electrict and people charge using solar panels or whatever tech is now showing up.
Maybe even using your solar panels to creat hydrogen during the day.
The governments are losing alot of income

marcel171281

maxxer wrote:
29 Oct 2022, 14:06
I live in the Netherlands and there is a huge amount of income for the government on fuel.
Its like forbidding alcohol and tobacco even the government knows its bad they still allow it and it brings in alot of money.
If we all go electrict and people charge using solar panels or whatever tech is now showing up.
'rekeningrijden' will be introduced in 2030 ;)

maxxer

marcel171281 wrote:
29 Oct 2022, 14:40
maxxer wrote:
29 Oct 2022, 14:06
'rekeningrijden' will be introduced in 2030 ;)
Hopefully we will also see the amount the king and queen with their entourage will have to pay then

Big Tea

Could this have any tie-in to Porsche? Maybe they want to show off the 'e-fuel' in F1 so it gets a 'pass' from this rule?
(claims 85% clean, and better than generating power)

Edit, not what I was looking for, but it covers it for anyone who is not following it

(what an annoying guy though)
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Greg Locock

I give the EV enthusiasm craze until about 2027 (same with net zero). I expect sales will be about 30-40% of the market, and stay at around that.

johnny comelately

London air quality recent history

Tommy Cookers

johnny comelately wrote:
31 Oct 2022, 09:54
https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca88777 ... SLkIyMN4Yw
yes a valuable presentation showing historical air cleaning then a recent rise in particulate due to .....

the 1997-2010 Labour government's environmental engineering via taxpayer subsidy (of diesel then wood pellet fuels)
these still having effects counter to those intended and proclaimed

the proclaimed intent was (nationally) to reduce carbon dioxide emissions and so bear down on climate change
the result was increased particulate emissions
the RHI was finally capped c.2020 but the subsidised (wood-burning) emission increase will continue for c.23 years

75% of London's public air particulate now is from wood-fired heating that was govt-promoted as 'greener' than gas
and of course this heating also pollutes the air inside the owner's home

this government was obsessed with carbon dioxide reduction because their vanity idea was to out-green Germany ...
by staggering incompetence they mistakenly agreed to a big % reduction of carbon emission from all sources thinking ....
they were agreeing to that big % reduction of carbon emission from electrical energy only ... so....

thereafter they were desperate for carbon reduction regardless of environmental cost
the prime desparado was/is the then-Chief Scientific Adviser the (now-knighted) Sir David King .... so ...
that's why he said/says the dieselgate baddies 'have blood on their hands'

vanity and desperation continue in driving all these 'net zero' proclamations
the (city) government of London is Labour - today it hounds the car driver to cover up its party's 'green' mistakes
Last edited by Tommy Cookers on 31 Oct 2022, 12:27, edited 1 time in total.

johnny comelately

Tommy Cookers wrote:
31 Oct 2022, 11:48
johnny comelately wrote:
31 Oct 2022, 09:54
https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca88777 ... SLkIyMN4Yw
yes a valuable presentation showing historical air cleaning then a recent rise in particulate due to .....

the 1997-2010 Labour government's environmental engineering via taxpayer subsidy (of diesel then wood pellet fuels)
these still having effects counter to those intended and proclaimed

the proclaimed intent was (nationally) to reduce carbon dioxide emissions and so bear down on climate change
the result was increased particulate emissions
the RHI was finally capped c.2020 but the subsidised (wood-burning) emission increase will continue for c.23 years

75% of London's public air particulate now is from wood-fired heating that was govt-promoted as 'greener' than gas
and of course this heating also pollutes the air inside the owner's home

this government was obsessed with carbon dioxide reduction because their vanity idea was to out-green Germany ...
by staggering incompetence they mistakenly agreed to a big % reduction of carbon emission from all sources thinking ....
they were agreeing to that big % reduction of carbon emission from electrical energy only ... so....

thereafter they were desperate for carbon reduction regardless of environmental cost
the prime desparado was/is the then-Chief Scientific Adviser the (now-knighted) Sir David King .... so ...
that's why he said/says the dieselgate baddies 'have blood on their hands'

vanity and desperation continue in driving all these 'net zero' proclamations
It is a case where everybody is right, partitioning becomes moot.

Zynerji

And now Germany is taking down windmills so they can mine coal!

Fairytales🙄

gruntguru

Yes - a fairytale indeed.

A German company has dismantled one turbine and plans to take down two more to access a coal deposit. This arrangement was part of the original agreement when the wind farm was built.
One of the turbines was already torn down last week, with the same fate awaiting two more over the course of 2023. According to the wind farm operator, Energiekontor, the remaining five aging turbines could also be gone by the end of next year, with their operational permit nearing its expiration date.
https://www.rt.com/news/565427-germany- ... coal-mine/

Meanwhile Germany continues to install wind capacity at a rate of about 1 GW per year - equivalent to more than 500 of the turbines being torn down.
je suis charlie

Greg Locock

True, but at their peak they were building 5 GW/year (2017), and old windfarms than are being dismantled are often refused permission to install new turbines.