2022 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix - Yas Marina, Nov 18 - 20

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Re: 2022 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix - Yas Marina, Nov 18 - 20

RonMexico wrote:
20 Nov 2022, 19:49
AR3-GP wrote:
20 Nov 2022, 19:35
Shal_Leg16 wrote:
20 Nov 2022, 19:30

Wish Leclerc replaces Lewis at Mercedes.

Ferrari may not be complete shyt. but as a complete package when its a close fight they cant beat RB or Mercedes no matter who drives.
They have failed Alonso, Seb and i dont want Leclerc to join the ranks. least these two already had some silverware to their CV before coming to ferrari.
Leclerc is married to Ferrari. Schumacher won 7 titles with them. The bar is set.
Five not seven
:oops: :lol:

Sevach
Sevach

Neuron wrote:
20 Nov 2022, 17:23
Wonder why Verstappen didn't do to Leclerc what Perez did on Hamilton last year... He had so much pace to defend himself, but stop Charles with ease.
Because he doesn't care.

Sieper

Because Leclerc wasnt overtaking Verstappen like Hamilton was on Perez last year.

Jolle
Jolle

Audi is still four years from now? First two seasons or so they probably wil have drivers like Albon or Bottas (well, them in a few years time) that will just put miles on the car and engine. To lure a star in there from the beginning is a waste of money. You want drivers who do a GP on Sunday and are at the sim on Tuesday.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Jolle wrote:
20 Nov 2022, 20:02
Audi is still four years from now? First two seasons or so they probably wil have drivers like Albon or Bottas (well, them in a few years time) that will just put miles on the car and engine. To lure a star in there from the beginning is a waste of money. You want drivers who do a GP on Sunday and are at the sim on Tuesday.
Mercedes lured Schumacher back in season 1. I think it's the opposite. These teams want to debut with a bang. Something to keep people interested. It's a marketing project first and foremost. Albon and Bottas are not marketable.

Vettel part II? Norris? Dollar signs.

Big Tea

AR3-GP wrote:
20 Nov 2022, 20:12
Jolle wrote:
Mercedes lured Schumacher back in season 1. I think it's the opposite. These teams want to debut with a bang. Something to keep people interested. It's a marketing project first and foremost. Albon and Bottas are not marketable.

By that time Sargent will be in year 4 and if he looks good enough he represents their biggest market.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Dr. Acula
Dr. Acula

AR3-GP wrote:
Jolle wrote:

Schumacher had ties with Mercedes and with Ross Brawn. People seem to forget that all the time but before Schumacher came to F1 he was in the Mercedes Junior project beside Frentzen and Wendlinger, driving their Group C cars.

Jolle
Jolle

AR3-GP wrote:
Jolle wrote:

Mercedes was already established in F1, the team won the crown the year before and the engine was top notch.

Think more Alonso/Button at the back of the field or retired with an empty McLaren Honda.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Jolle wrote:
20 Nov 2022, 20:24
AR3-GP wrote:
Jolle wrote:

Mercedes was already established in F1, the team won the crown the year before and the engine was top notch.

Think more Alonso/Button at the back of the field or retired with an empty McLaren Honda.
I think my point is being misunderstood.

It is very much on record that Mercedes wanted Schumacher. Whether or not they could convince him or Brawn is the one who made it all happen or Schumacher bit because the car was already fast the previous season is tangential.

The point is they wanted him. Audi are not going to have a line up for un-marketable talents in 2026. I'm certain of that. They will take 1 big name whether it's a Ricciardo or a Norris or a Vettel.

This is what works F1 teams have been doing for decades. Works F1 teams don't have Albon-Bottas lineups.

Jolle
Jolle

AR3-GP wrote:
20 Nov 2022, 20:36
Jolle wrote:
AR3-GP wrote:

It is very much on record that Mercedes wanted Schumacher. Whether or not they could convince him or Brawn is the one who made it all happen or Schumacher bit because the car was already fast the previous season is tangential.

The point is they wanted him. Audi are not going to have a line up for un-marketable talents in 2026. I'm certain of that. They will take 1 big name whether it's a Ricciardo or a Norris or a Vettel.
Mercedes already wanted him next to Hakkinen. For both parties it was more a coming home and working with the old team again. There were so much more dynamics then just Daimler wanted a big name.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Jolle wrote:
20 Nov 2022, 20:40
AR3-GP wrote:
20 Nov 2022, 20:36
Jolle wrote:

Mercedes already wanted him next to Hakkinen. For both parties it was more a coming home and working with the old team again. There were so much more dynamics then just Daimler wanted a big name.
Two sides of the same coin. Big name also means big talent.

sosic2121
sosic2121

Shal_Leg16 wrote:
20 Nov 2022, 19:05
harty71 wrote:
20 Nov 2022, 18:50
RonMexico wrote:
20 Nov 2022, 18:45

Norris or Leclerc are the next best imv and the only ones that could keep him honest.

He would make bits of the rest for one reason or another
I still think he would comfortably beat both, Leclerc is too error prone and Norris just doesn't have his pace IMO.
No he is not error prone.

Max has made numerous mistakes all through this season.
Locking up in Bahrain, Australia.
going out in spain, 360 in Hungary, few qualifying mistake too. its just that he won. nobody talks about winner's mistakes.
I agree. Leclerc made mistakes when he tried to overdrive the car. Like Imola and Paul Ricard. I think he is a the best driver on the grid. Maybe not the best in every category, but his pace and race craft are second to none. Unlike Max(and Hamilton) he is driving hard only when necessary.
If ferrari was reliable and had a strategist, we would had a proper wdc battle.

Sieper

Leclerc is not the best driver on the grid, today showed (he said it himself, he gave 110% were his words) that he hasn’t always been on it. Max always is. For me that is where he needs to improve the most.

Vanja #66

Sieper wrote:
20 Nov 2022, 22:18
Leclerc is not the best driver on the grid, today showed (he said it himself, he gave 110% were his words) that he hasn’t always been on it. Max always is. For me that is where he needs to improve the most.
How can you people be so insecure that you need to keep saying this to yourselves after a season like this?

Saying Max alwqys gives 110% after a race where Max didn't have to do anything literally, the car got him there at 50% push...
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#Aerogimli
#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

Sieper

Vanja #66 wrote:
20 Nov 2022, 22:24
Sieper wrote:
20 Nov 2022, 22:18
How can you people be so insecure that you need to keep saying this to yourselves after a season like this?

Saying Max alwqys gives 110% after a race where Max didn't have to do anything literally, the car got him there at 50% push...
Those were Leclercs words. You can’t even give more than 100%.