Ferrari 675 Speculation Thread

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
saviour stivala
saviour stivala

Re: Ferrari 675 Speculation Thread

'Homologated'. Yes. every new engine part that have been 'homologated and development on it frozen' that is put into the pool for use (over and above what was permitted and had been homologated at start of season) will have to be homologated again as the ones before them.

saviour stivala
saviour stivala

Power unit and or parts of it that falls under the homologation obligations are deemed homologated when FIA seals are installed.

organic

https://www.formu1a.uno/tecnica-haas-vf ... disegnata/

Confirmation that the front suspension changes significantly with the Sf-23
If Alfa has concentrated its efforts on the rear of the C43, Haas has pushed on the front. The suspension is completely redesigned and will also be on the SF-23. Reduced nose section, repositioned cooling and reduced airscope.
Last edited by organic on 13 Feb 2023, 11:53, edited 2 times in total.

zioture
zioture

gordonthegun

gordonthegun wrote:
11 Feb 2023, 22:00
Here the photos of the new Haas VF-23 on track and of the old Ferrari F1-75.

Ferrari and Haas share the same suspensions and on the new Haas the front one is different from last year.
The same suspension will be on the new Ferrari SF-23.

The first thing I notice is that the dedicated steering arm is missing, but there might be more.

Vs
organic wrote:
13 Feb 2023, 11:22
https://www.formu1a.uno/tecnica-haas-vf ... disegnata/

Confirmation that the front suspension completely changes with the Sf-23
If Alfa has concentrated its efforts on the rear of the C43, Haas has pushed on the front. The suspension is completely redesigned and will also be on the SF-23. Reduced nose section, repositioned cooling and reduced airscope.
Ferrari (not Haas) developed a new front suspension which they sold to Haas together with: rear suspension, gearbox and engine.

So, as already posted by me (see above), the suspensions are the only things we know for sure about the new Ferrari.

zioture
zioture

You didn't read my February 11th post ?

organic

It's always nice to have confirmation of these things. Not every piece of info has to be new/breaking

Formula1uno has info that's directly from Ferrari, judging by their output last year, so they are a little more credible than speculation imo

zioture
zioture

I have a contact with a Ferrari engineer, when he reads what that site writes he says he knows nothing. Ferrari is a team like any other, there is industrial secrecy. Obviously he can't tell me anything about what's going on. But often when he reads those articles he laughs, like saying they're false ... It's easier to make assumptions by looking at the photos than trusting fake insiders. The Ferrari environment is very private and if an engineer trespasses, he is immediately reported

organic

zioture wrote:
13 Feb 2023, 15:04
I have a contact with a Ferrari engineer, when he reads what that site writes he says he knows nothing. Ferrari is a team like any other, there is industrial secrecy. Obviously he can't tell me anything about what's going on. But often when he reads those articles he laughs, like saying they're false ... It's easier to make assumptions by looking at the photos than trusting fake insiders. The Ferrari environment is very private and if an engineer trespasses, he is immediately reported
By claiming you have a contact inside Ferrari who tells you to distrust Ferrari insiders, are you not now acting as a Ferrari insider yourself so I should not trust this information as well?

:D

Personally I haven't seen Duchessa make claims in the media that haven't come to pass. Some of the formula1uno content is embarrassing just as is Italian motorsporr's but seems they sometimes do get it right. As much as anyone wants to run a tight ship, sometimes these things get out. Sometimes this information is disseminated purposefully to generate a particular narrative..

It's very handy for a team to have a journalist or journalists whose ear you have.. controlling narratives is a large part of the political game in F1
Last edited by organic on 13 Feb 2023, 15:40, edited 1 time in total.

gordonthegun

zioture wrote:
13 Feb 2023, 14:03
You didn't read my February 11th post ?
I posted the same thing here the very same day (see some posts above).
I repeat: Haas uses the same suspensions, the same gearbox and the same engine as Ferrari (which makes them).

Wasn't this way last year? We can see it from your photo comparison.

So, Haas is already using the front suspension that we will see tomorrow on the new Ferrari.
Last edited by gordonthegun on 13 Feb 2023, 16:16, edited 1 time in total.

gordonthegun

zioture wrote:
13 Feb 2023, 15:04
I suppose that even if he read something true he'd purposely call it BS.

zioture
zioture

What I can say is that as far as trade secrets are concerned, so everything technical, Ferrari is really closed. Instead sometimes it's Ferrari that gives some journalists information, but it's not technical. As it happened with Binotto, from what I was told it was Ferrari that gave the rumor to Gazzetta.it of his exit from Ferrari before the statement that came afterwards. So secondary news or even technical fake news some times comes out of Ferrari, and the usual influencers write. I know for a fact that a Ferrari journalist whose name I cannot say is a spokesperson. He does not find out anything it is Ferrari who tells him what to say.

gordonthegun

zioture wrote:
13 Feb 2023, 16:07
What I can say is that as far as trade secrets are concerned, so everything technical, Ferrari is really closed. Instead sometimes it's Ferrari that gives some journalists information, but it's not technical. As it happened with Binotto, from what I was told it was Ferrari that gave the rumor to Gazzetta.it of his exit from Ferrari before the statement that came afterwards. So secondary news or even technical fake news some times comes out of Ferrari, and the usual influencers write. I know for a fact that a Ferrari journalist whose name I cannot say is a spokesperson. He does not find out anything it is Ferrari who tells him what to say.
The relationship between Ferrari and Haas, for which some mechanical components are shared, is not a hypothesis, it is a contractual certainty since Haas entered F1.

Henk_v
Henk_v

I assume (and would he surprised if im wrong) ferrari does not use real cars to tune the fit of bodywork panels an will have a lightweight jig to test the fit. Probably what you're watching below the drape.

Vanja #66

That seems like a needless cost in budget cap era
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#Aerogimli
#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie