2023 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Sieper

Re: 2023 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

KimiRai wrote:
26 May 2023, 15:26
AR3-GP wrote:
26 May 2023, 14:30
Fp1.....yikes.
Usual Friday redbull issues then comes Saturday and all are magically fixed, i dont buy it
What don’t you buy? Redbull main advantage the whole season is that they can run their car lower, that is where the diffuser working so well is coming from. Here they couldn’t, or at least, Max’ car was set up too low on the first outing. They will adjust and hopefully be closer. But you can write my Leclerc pole prediction down.

Juzh

Lets just wait for fp2, if there's any representative laps on softs. But if they still have all sorts of problems then it'll be hard to beat ferrari and will probably have to start looking at their backs.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Sieper wrote:
26 May 2023, 15:46
KimiRai wrote:
AR3-GP wrote:
Fp1.....yikes.
Usual Friday redbull issues then comes Saturday and all are magically fixed, i dont buy it
What don’t you buy? Redbull main advantage the whole season is that they can run their car lower, that is where the diffuser working so well is coming from. Here they couldn’t, or at least, Max’ car was set up too low on the first outing. They will adjust and hopefully be closer. But you can write my Leclerc pole prediction down.
The advantage was also in their top speed which is not useful here.

Leclerc should take pole in an uninterrupted session. It could be a Ferrari lock out.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

KimiRai
KimiRai

Sieper wrote:
KimiRai wrote:
AR3-GP wrote:
Fp1.....yikes.
Sure, a non-RB might take pole tomorrow, they might even win the race. But you have to understand the whole F1 apparatus is continuously selling the idea that other teams will compete because the championship was finished in Bahrain, and also RB likely exaggerates their issues to avoid appearing too dominating (that's what Marc Gené has said)

Sieper

AR3-GP wrote:
26 May 2023, 15:57
Sieper wrote:
KimiRai wrote:

The advantage was also in their top speed which is not useful here.

Leclerc should take pole in an uninterrupted session. It could be a Ferrari lock out.
The high top speed is the result of the floor so close to the ground giving so much downforce. They can take out wing which is a much draggier solution to getting downforce.

Bill
Bill

KimiRai wrote:
26 May 2023, 16:11
Sieper wrote:
KimiRai wrote:

Sure, a non-RB might take pole tomorrow, they might even win the race. But you have to understand the whole F1 apparatus is continuously selling the idea that other teams will compete because the championship was finished in Bahrain, and also RB likely exaggerates their issues to avoid appearing too dominating (that's what Marc Gené has said)
the real time i saw redbull run car real low was in saudi arabia since then they havent really done it.

Sieper

KimiRai wrote:
Sieper wrote:
KimiRai wrote:

Might be true, but the idea on you not being sold on RB having actual trouble with set up in FP1 here is imho off the bat, I find it very thinkable they can perhaps not get their car so close to the ground as they wanted on this very bumpy street track. Let’s see how FP2 goes. They will have had time to rise the ride height a bit now.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Sieper wrote:
26 May 2023, 16:38
KimiRai wrote:
Sieper wrote:

Might be true, but the idea on you not being sold on RB having actual trouble with set up in FP1 here is imho off the bat, I find it very thinkable they can perhaps not get their car so close to the ground as they wanted on this very bumpy street track. Let’s see how FP2 goes. They will have had time to rise the ride height a bit now.
I don't think OP is saying they weren't having trouble in FP1. OP just thinks RB have a track record of digging themselves out of ugly Fridays (or rather things not truly being what they seem due to testing) so one should not read too much into it.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Signs of improvement for Max in FP2.

organic

AR3-GP wrote:
26 May 2023, 17:56

Wouter

AR3-GP wrote:
26 May 2023, 17:56
The Power of Dreams!

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

''The second free practice was much better than the first. The car was much more competitive. Compared to Ferrari, we still lack a bit in terms of how the car behaves on kerbstones and bumps. That's something we need to work on for tomorrow because you can see they are very close. The Aston Martins are also close. We need something more to stay ahead of them,'' said Verstappen, according to Verstappen.com.

Verstappen was happy with the development during the day, though. During the second free practice, according to Verstappen, the car felt much better and he was able to push more. ' 'It was a difficult start, but a good end,'' the Dutchman concluded. The weekend continues on Saturday with a third free practice and qualifying.
https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/207794/v ... -that.html

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Following some onboards, RB are struggling with the tire temps in the first part of the lap. The key for them will be to not get held up in a traffic queue at the end of S3 before starting their hot laps. You could see in some of Max's laps that when he got stuck in a queue in rascasse, T1 was very bad as car doesn't want to turn on cold tires. When he had a clear run through rascasse at racing speed, then turn 1 looked hooked up.

Sieper

Ferrari went too low with their floor. They will need to revert, so a bit of a gamble going in to qualy. Mercedes seems there but with a tricky rear. Alo is a candidate too. But, RBR seems right there, wasn’t expecting that.