2023 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
chrisc90

Re: 2023 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

I dont think we will see any further updates now, although I could be wrong. I wonder if the little floor tweak as there to bring a bit of the air from the front strakes, guide it to the floor edge and allow the air to come back up to the side/just above the floor to feed the diffuser from above. From a total amateur view, that little tweak appears to direct airflow in that sort of direction. Pure speculation however.

Only other thing is something we arent likely to see, underfloor or something internally.

As JAF suggested - I think there will likely be 1 more mid-large(ish) upgrade this season and a LOT of focus switched to next years car development. There doesnt seem to be any changes being drummed up like there was with TD039 and the raised floor/throat heights so progress this year is unlikely to be affected by mid-late season rule changes going into 2024.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

I would be hesitant to commit to a '24 design knowing the FIA will surely screw around with the regs again...

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

"I think everyone is just closing up the gap.

We are not really bringing big upgrades anymore, so I do expect people to get closer every single weekend."
https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/vide ... 47959.html

Hmm...Perez says no more "big" updates...

organic

Max is flying but Perez needs to get it together in the long run..
Verstappen very satisfied with Friday: "We had a very good day. I felt comfortable in the car and both the short and long run felt good. Circuit is also a lot more fun to drive because of adaptation last corners. I'm positively surprised."

Last edited by organic on 02 Jun 2023, 18:22, edited 4 times in total.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Max said following in dirty air is better than expected.

mendis
mendis

organic wrote:
02 Jun 2023, 18:16
Verstappen very satisfied with Friday: "We had a very good day. I felt comfortable in the car and both the short and long run felt good. Circuit is also a lot more fun to drive because of adaptation last corners. I'm positively surprised."
ttps://twitter.com/ErikvHaren/status/1664667433611718659?t=IFZ6mUEqMoeHpIFDA38u5Q&s=19

ttps://twitter.com/redbulletin/status/1664665670695485444?t=-KWfAd_0EnUfNgYy3_OcSQ&s=19
The usual trend of the car moving towards Max (or Max getting more comfortable with the car) is starting to set in now. Perez is done for the season. It doesn't matter where Max starts on Sunday, he would win.

Gillian
Gillian

Just_a_fan wrote:
01 Jun 2023, 22:31
JordanMugen wrote:
01 Jun 2023, 20:53
PlatinumZealot wrote:
01 Jun 2023, 17:20
Max admits it's the car. 🤷‍♂️

https://www.planetf1.com/news/max-verst ... -shoulder/

A team should always opt to pair the best two drivers it can find! Of course Hamilton is ruled out by Red Bull for other reasons (past collisions with Verstappen and likelihood of further collisions with Verstappen).
Nothing to do with collisions and everything to do with a focus on one driver. That's Red Bull's MO, just as it was Ferrari's in the early 2000s. No problem with that, but don't dress it as anything else.
Of course. Those saying "Hamilton = GOAT" were tiresome in 2020: did they also say "Lewis admits it's the car", I don't recall.
Anyone that claims any driver is the GOAT is an idiot, frankly.

All drivers need a top car to shine - look at Fernando. He's been "nowhere" for years and suddenly is "up there". What's changed? The car.

Fangio changed teams like we change our underwear, in order to get the best car. He even did it mid season. What other proof does one need?

There are greats, but even they are only great because they had the right tools available to them.

Lewis is a great. Max is too. And so is Fernando. Others have signs of greatness but have yet to be able to show it fully. Anything else is media-driven BS.
Agreed with every word, well said =D>

And let's not forget that drivers are humans too. They don't perform exactly the same over the years, in different machinery etc. That's why comparisons like driver A beat driver B, driver C beat driver B, so C is better than A are ridiculous.

Gillian
Gillian

mendis wrote:
02 Jun 2023, 19:10
organic wrote:
02 Jun 2023, 18:16
ttps://twitter.com/ErikvHaren/status/1664667433611718659?t=IFZ6mUEqMoeHpIFDA38u5Q&s=19

ttps://twitter.com/redbulletin/status/1664665670695485444?t=-KWfAd_0EnUfNgYy3_OcSQ&s=19
The usual trend of the car moving towards Max (or Max getting more comfortable with the car) is starting to set in now. Perez is done for the season. It doesn't matter where Max starts on Sunday, he would win.
Verstappen has been faster this entire season but bad luck on his side has favoured Perez. Baku was the only race where Perez genuinely looked faster and even in that race Verstappen started to catch him in the end.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Marko says Perez will move more towards Max's setup. He lacks consistency in the long runs.

https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/210266/m ... appen.html
Red Bull advisor Helmut Marko seemed to hint that Perez had chosen the wrong set-up in the first free practice. "He went the direction of Max," the Austrian told Motorsport Magazin after the last practice session of the day. "He was better, but he didn't manage to drive consistent times. We are looking at whether we changed something more, or move even more in Max's direction." For Perez, Spain is an important Grand Prix. Due to scoring 0 points in Monaco, the gap with Verstappen has increased to 39 points. To keep his championship aspirations alive, a good result - preferably finishing ahead of Verstappen - is necessary in Barcelona.
Perez seems to have a slight top speed edge over Verstappen, so it could be setup related.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

I suspect RB will go for the Bahrain strategy. Two stopper. S-S-M

mendis
mendis

AR3-GP wrote:
03 Jun 2023, 02:42
I think it's a good strategy and can cover any SC interruptions with medium to the end if Max need to push towards the end. Two stints on softs should provide good gap to the rest. I can't be certain if Perez can make that work.

ifilipic17
ifilipic17

AR3-GP wrote:
03 Jun 2023, 02:42
I'm not sure about that. All of the practice starts out of the pitlane were done with mediums for RB boys.
I think M-H with potential for Max to go to S for fl push at the end. That would maximise the points.

search

all tyres look more or less equaly fast in the longrun so far, so I don't think it'll make much of a difference. I doubt they'll use Softs, though.

DGP123
DGP123

All irrelevant, if it’s wet.

Gillian
Gillian

Another bad result by Perez. Another staggering performance from Verstappen!

I'm a bit baffled how Perez is so far off though.