2023 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Re: 2023 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

In that case, I'd predict Norris moving to Red Bull.

djos

AR3-GP wrote:
05 Feb 2023, 03:43
Nah, RedBull will steal Oscar after he demolishes Lando at McLaren.
"In downforce we trust"

mendis
mendis

djos wrote:
05 Feb 2023, 04:04
AR3-GP wrote:
Why is the concept of nationalism so overwhelming? I know you are an Aussie and support the drivers who are Australians. I have seen another spanish poster here who is a hard core supporter of Spanish drivers. Is that the only reason to support a driver and denounce his team/mate or competitor? What happens if Oscar gets destroyed by Lando? I don't wish so for a young driver, but sometimes it's difficult to read stuff like that. Lando did better than Ric and exposed his weakness. Fair game and deserves to be respected. If Oscar is better than Lando, that's great. But for now, he is just a rookie, yet to put a lap in F1 competition and up against one of the best young drivers on the grid, in the same team.

djos

mendis wrote:
05 Feb 2023, 09:48
djos wrote:
05 Feb 2023, 04:04
AR3-GP wrote:
Why is the concept of nationalism so overwhelming? I know you are an Aussie and support the drivers who are Australians. I have seen another spanish poster here who is a hard core supporter of Spanish drivers. Is that the only reason to support a driver and denounce his team/mate or competitor? What happens if Oscar gets destroyed by Lando? I don't wish so for a young driver, but sometimes it's difficult to read stuff like that. Lando did better than Ric and exposed his weakness. Fair game and deserves to be respected. If Oscar is better than Lando, that's great. But for now, he is just a rookie, yet to put a lap in F1 competition and up against one of the best young drivers on the grid, in the same team.
Seriously mate, the comments were made in jest, don’t be so damn serious!
"In downforce we trust"

DGP123
DGP123

Venturiation wrote:
05 Feb 2023, 00:45
I hope ricciardo replaces mid season

Why? Just means Perez is slow, and if the RB is dominant again, the season over by mid Europe. Great stuff. Ricciardo has been slow for years, in multiple cars, so your pining for something quite bizarre

Ricciardo is not really a driver now. He’s a social media presence, with multiple platforms, who RB are using to attract new sponsors, casual fans, and to perform at events. Essentially, he’s the heir to an ageing David Coulthard, in a unfortunate new netflix dominant world.

Sieper

You never know. But for now, yes and Daniel is valuable in that role. Norris did very good against him. I guess it will also be important to Ricciardo how Norris does against Piastri.

Venturiation
Venturiation

djos wrote:
05 Feb 2023, 01:09
Venturiation wrote:
05 Feb 2023, 00:45
I hope ricciardo replaces mid season
I want Daniel back in a RedBull race car too, but Checo should get to finish the season before retiring IMO.
Perez can get a seat in alfa tauri or haas
More teams want him

Venturiation
Venturiation

Another theory what if Redbull had to change alot their concept and don’t want to show anything to us?

During the winter they found something unseen by others and they had 5o do anyway the show for the ford sponsoring so they showed last year car

DGP123
DGP123

They got an already dominant car, and you think they would risk an entire new concept for this year, while being restricted going forward under reduced wind tunnel time?

My god.

Wouter

Sieper wrote:
05 Feb 2023, 13:24
I guess it will also be important to Ricciardo how Norris does against Piastri.
Why is that?
The Power of Dreams!

mendis
mendis

DGP123 wrote:
05 Feb 2023, 15:26
They got an already dominant car, and you think they would risk an entire new concept for this year, while being restricted going forward under reduced wind tunnel time?

My god.
It doesn't matter if a car is dominant or not. A brand new set of regulations for a second year in the running offers great deal of development potential. They don't necessarily have to change the concept to make big gains. First year, everyone has worked in dark to build the car and for second, they know what is working and what is not and where things can improve. They have also looked at the competition to get some ideas. So there is so much on the offer. It applies to all teams.

chrisc90

I reckon we will see a very slightly tweaked RB18. Its already been proven the car works well.

Realistically, unless they have seen a loophole in the rules regarding bodywork (which is risky within itself to pursue such as the AMR armchair rear wing or the Merc outwashing front wing) then why change something that works.

Every other team on the grid will be running more bodywork CFD analysis, where RB can focus more on the floor area given their bodywork setup 'works'

Venturiation
Venturiation

chrisc90 wrote:
05 Feb 2023, 15:45
I reckon we will see a very slightly tweaked RB18. Its already been proven the car works well.

Realistically, unless they have seen a loophole in the rules regarding bodywork (which is risky within itself to pursue such as the AMR armchair rear wing or the Merc outwashing front wing) then why change something that works.

Every other team on the grid will be running more bodywork CFD analysis, where RB can focus more on the floor area given their bodywork setup 'works'
They didn’t show the real car at NY

So i think they found a big loophole or new design direction that we won’t see until race 1 or last day of testing

Remember the 2023 rules changes could have opened a new loophole for Redbull and they are already ahead of everyone thanks to the budget

DGP123
DGP123

Venturiation wrote:
05 Feb 2023, 16:09
chrisc90 wrote:

So i think they found a big loophole or new design direction that we won’t see until race 1 or last day of testing

Remember the 2023 rules changes could have opened a new loophole for Redbull and they are already ahead of everyone thanks to the budget
They never do. It happens every year, that doesn’t mean they’re hiding a completely new concept 😂

It was quite amusing seeing the new netflix brigade complaining at the launch, somewhat surprised that the car looked exactly the same. They will learn.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

DGP123 wrote:
05 Feb 2023, 16:46
Venturiation wrote:
05 Feb 2023, 16:09
chrisc90 wrote:

They never do. It happens every year, that doesn’t mean they’re hiding a completely new concept 😂

It was quite amusing seeing the new netflix brigade complaining at the launch, somewhat surprised that the car looked exactly the same. They will learn.
It wasn't the netflix "brigade" complaining.