2023 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
User avatar
Wouter
106
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:02 pm

Re: 2023 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Post

I don't know if this was already posted. Conor Moore is again great! (From the Spice Girls)

The Power of Dreams!

User avatar
Wouter
106
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:02 pm

Re: 2023 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Post

Can Max and Checo Guess Old F1 Team Radio Messages? 📞🏁

The Power of Dreams!

Eren Jager
Eren Jager
0
Joined: Fri May 05, 2023 9:22 am

Re: 2023 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Post

Wouter wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:58 am
Eren Jager wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:04 am
I don't understand how people think that the RB19 will be better than the RB20.
Need I remind you that we stopped the dev of the RB19 before the summer? That we produced this car with a 'natural' wind tunnel and CFD restriction (P1 constructor) , to which we added the cost cap penalty? And we can add that Max was told 90% of the time "don't go any faster" ("there is no race", remember Bahrain).

I think that the RB19 could go much faster on most circuits and produce even bigger gaps but that the team wanted to hide it (the true potentiel of the RB19) to avoid being slowed down by the FIA.

We've been working 100% on the RB20 since the summer, while our competitors had one foot in 2024 and another in 2023. Every one of our upgrades has worked, and we're so far ahead of our competitors in terms of time, but also in terms of our understanding of the ground effect and our car.
And let's not forget the "Max factor", who is the most dominant driver in history. I definitely think that next year will be even more DOMINANT and I'm personally aiming for a 100% win for Max, at the very least for RedBull (be prepared for the others to say "FIAbull" etc etc )

And last but not least, Eddie Jordan said : " I was with Adrian Newey last night […] and Adrian told me he thinks the evolution of what they have is going to be very difficult for anyone to catch up with.So get ready for some boring or exciting times depending on whether you're a Red Bull fan or not! "
.
Are you working at RBR? Because you are talking about "we". Do you have more inside info if the answer is "Yes"?

At the Auto Sport forum is an insider from RBR called Sparky.
Oh no, I'm not someone who works at RBR, I'm just a fan.
Sorry, I should have made that clear to avoid any confusion!

User avatar
organic
969
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2022 1:24 am
Location: Cambridge, UK

Re: 2023 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Post

https://joesaward.wordpress.com/2023/11 ... abu-dhabi/

Not the best source in the world but interesting
Joe Saward: "Informed sources suggest that there is a provision in Ricciardo’s contract for him to switch into Red Bull Racing after the early races next year if Sergio Perez does not up his game. I hear that if that happens Daniel’s salary will triple and Liam Lawson will come in to replace him."

User avatar
TFSA
2
Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2023 5:06 am

Re: 2023 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Post

organic wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 9:47 am
https://joesaward.wordpress.com/2023/11 ... abu-dhabi/

Not the best source in the world but interesting
Joe Saward: "Informed sources suggest that there is a provision in Ricciardo’s contract for him to switch into Red Bull Racing after the early races next year if Sergio Perez does not up his game. I hear that if that happens Daniel’s salary will triple and Liam Lawson will come in to replace him."
That would have required Red Bull to amend his contract, unless he only signed for one year leading up to 2023?

Call me a sceptic, but last time we had "informed sources", they turned out to be not so informed.

User avatar
chrisc90
37
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:22 pm

Re: 2023 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Post

Where’s wazari when you need him!

User avatar
Wouter
106
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:02 pm

Re: 2023 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Post

Perez just landed nearby Tokio and Max is on his way. Landing expected at 13:30 PM CET.

Live stream in about 13 hours.

The Power of Dreams!

User avatar
Wouter
106
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:02 pm

Re: 2023 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Post



Nojiri (SF) was watching when Iwasa tested the car:



These drivers will be there on Sunday:

https://global.honda/en/motorsports/hrtd/2023/drivers/
The Power of Dreams!

AR3-GP
AR3-GP
333
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:22 am

Re: 2023 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Post

Memories of the season:

Image

Japanese GP qualifying. 6 tenths! A truly crushing display.

Rikhart
Rikhart
18
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:21 pm

Re: 2023 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Post

AR3-GP wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2023 8:45 pm
Memories of the season:

https://i.postimg.cc/Zq6W2D1n/image.png

Japanese GP qualifying. 6 tenths! A truly crushing display.
I cannot comprehend why they decided to keep Perez, he was just extremely poor all season. Does he have some technical insight they would rather not get leaked out? I simply can't understand it otherwise.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP
333
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:22 am

Re: 2023 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Post

Rikhart wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2023 12:08 am
AR3-GP wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2023 8:45 pm
Memories of the season:

https://i.postimg.cc/Zq6W2D1n/image.png

Japanese GP qualifying. 6 tenths! A truly crushing display.
I cannot comprehend why they decided to keep Perez, he was just extremely poor all season. Does he have some technical insight they would rather not get leaked out? I simply can't understand it otherwise.
It's a racing team, but it's still a business too. Look at the sponsors on the car. Telmex, Walmart, Ford, etc. He has a contract and there is a net benefit for them.

User avatar
Wouter
106
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:02 pm

Re: 2023 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Post










The Power of Dreams!

marcel171281
marcel171281
26
Joined: Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:08 am

Re: 2023 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Post

AR3-GP wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2023 12:19 am
Rikhart wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2023 12:08 am
AR3-GP wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2023 8:45 pm
Memories of the season:

https://i.postimg.cc/Zq6W2D1n/image.png

Japanese GP qualifying. 6 tenths! A truly crushing display.
I cannot comprehend why they decided to keep Perez, he was just extremely poor all season. Does he have some technical insight they would rather not get leaked out? I simply can't understand it otherwise.
It's a racing team, but it's still a business too. Look at the sponsors on the car. Telmex, Walmart, Ford, etc. He has a contract and there is a net benefit for them.
Exactly! At this moment there is hardly any negative in keeping Perez. Only positives.

Positives:
- They are 1 and 2 in the WDCC
- They are 1 in the WCCC
- There is no internal fight where drivers take away valuable points (e.g. 2007)
- Perez brings in sponsors
- Red Bull sells more cans of RB in Central and South America

Negatives:
- Perez crashed and exposed the floor of the RB18 and RB19

Rikhart
Rikhart
18
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:21 pm

Re: 2023 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Post

marcel171281 wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2023 9:42 am
AR3-GP wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2023 12:19 am
Rikhart wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2023 12:08 am


I cannot comprehend why they decided to keep Perez, he was just extremely poor all season. Does he have some technical insight they would rather not get leaked out? I simply can't understand it otherwise.
It's a racing team, but it's still a business too. Look at the sponsors on the car. Telmex, Walmart, Ford, etc. He has a contract and there is a net benefit for them.
Exactly! At this moment there is hardly any negative in keeping Perez. Only positives.

Positives:
- They are 1 and 2 in the WDCC
- They are 1 in the WCCC
- There is no internal fight where drivers take away valuable points (e.g. 2007)
- Perez brings in sponsors
- Red Bull sells more cans of RB in Central and South America

Negatives:
- Perez crashed and exposed the floor of the RB18 and RB19
There is the "small" negative you pointed out, that I think gifted like 6 months of catch-up to the others. Do you have any idea of what that means?

It blows all the rest out of the water.

User avatar
Wouter
106
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:02 pm

Re: 2023 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Post

marcel171281 wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2023 9:42 am
AR3-GP wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2023 12:19 am
Rikhart wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2023 12:08 am


I cannot comprehend why they decided to keep Perez, he was just extremely poor all season. Does he have some technical insight they would rather not get leaked out? I simply can't understand it otherwise.
It's a racing team, but it's still a business too. Look at the sponsors on the car. Telmex, Walmart, Ford, etc. He has a contract and there is a net benefit for them.
Exactly! At this moment there is hardly any negative in keeping Perez. Only positives.

Positives:
- They are 1 and 2 in the WDCC
- They are 1 in the WCCC
- There is no internal fight where drivers take away valuable points (e.g. 2007)
- Perez brings in sponsors
- Red Bull sells more cans of RB in Central and South America

Negatives:
- Perez crashed and exposed the floor of the RB18 and RB19
.
If RBR gets competition from one/two other teams next season and Perez drives the same as this season, the WCC could be in danger.

Want to sell more RB cans in South and Central America through Checo? Central America (region of the North American continent) is an integral part of Central America, which also includes Mexico and the Caribbean.
In North America, not very many people watched, according to ESPN's figures. According to the network, an average of 1.3 million Americans watched the races in 2023. The population of North America, which also includes Mexico, is 585 million!!
F1 does not live in North and South America at all. No interest at all. They have their own racing events.

Moreover, Perez has caused a lot of damage through his own shield. It all comes from the BC.

1. Logan Sargeant: €3.9 million
2. Carlos Sainz: €3.3 million
3. Sergio Pérez: €2.9 million
-----
19. George Russell: €610,000
20. Max Verstappen: €314,000
The Power of Dreams!