2023 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Re: 2023 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

the EDGE wrote:
29 Jan 2023, 16:18
Alpha Tauri are white & Blue, can’t see RB following suit. They would also be a better fit for GM

FYI, we still don’t know where Gulf are going
Exxon are still partnered with RB.

Wouter

Last edited by Wouter on 03 Feb 2023, 11:03, edited 1 time in total.
The Power of Dreams!

organic

Wouter wrote:
30 Jan 2023, 09:41
2023 Red Bull Racing Season Launch | LIVE FEBRUARY 3

New car, new kit, live from New York City on February 3.
Thank you for the link!

Wouter

organic wrote:
30 Jan 2023, 09:55
Wouter wrote:
30 Jan 2023, 09:41
2023 Red Bull Racing Season Launch | LIVE FEBRUARY 3

New car, new kit, live from New York City on February 3.
Thank you for the link!
You are welcome. Thank you also for always posting the latest information in several threads. Is much appreciated.
The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

organic wrote:
29 Jan 2023, 00:28
RB Japan also posted this just yesterday .

All the signs are here guys. White livery

Max's helmet being white last year sealed the deal for me
They prommissed more news in two days and they did. I translated the article but I don't understand anything. :lol:
The last sentence is:

今回の衝撃をさらに上回る、2023年最高のドラマに乞うご期待!!

GT: Stay tuned for the best drama of 2023 that will surpass this shock! !

Deepl: Expect the best drama of 2023 to surpass the impact of this one!

The Power of Dreams!

chrisc90

Wonder what that could be

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

chrisc90 wrote:
30 Jan 2023, 14:07
Wonder what that could be
Well there's probably going to be a Honda marketing promotion with the RB16b racing a Shinkansen bullet train.

organic

Erik has been tier 0 for RB related news since the RB-AMuS relationship soured
All indications are that Red Bull and Ford will reveal their partnership from 2026 on Friday.

After the cancellation of Porsche deal yet another partner for the top team. Exact details not yet known. Red Bull Powertrains will build its own internal combustion engine anyway
I'll get the telegraph article translated when I'm home

Doubt he would put out this without the all-clear from RBR

organic

https://www.telegraaf.nl/sport/54265219 ... in-de-maak
The impending deal is expected to be announced next Friday, when Red Bull presents the car for next season - the RB19. That will happen in New York, which has already sparked rumours. So it has to do, among other things, with the expected collaboration with Ford. The contracts have yet to be signed, though.
What the relationships will actually look like is still unknown. From 2026, Formula 1 cars will be fitted with new engines. Until then, Verstappen and consorts will still drive with a power source supplied by Honda. After that, a new engine era will begin in the royal class of motorsport. The models will become less complex and cheaper, and the electric part of the powerplant should provide half of the total power. Audi has signed up as a new supplier, in partnership with Sauber's team).

Porsche deal scuttled
Red Bull initially seemed to enter into a partnership with Porsche, but that deal fell through. A partnership with Ford will not only be of financial interest to Red Bull, but with its expertise there, Ford might also be able to provide support as far as the electric part of the engine is concerned. Red Bull will develop the combustion engine itself anyway. A whole department has been set up in Milton Keynes, Red Bull Powertrains, which already employs 300 people.
"We have everything in-house. The only thing now is that the costs are higher for us, but that is accepted by our shareholders," Helmut Marko, the big man behind Red Bull Racing, said last year after the Porsche deal fell through. "We want to be independent, but that does not mean we are not considering a collaboration in the engine sector. We don't really have the expertise in Milton Keynes yet, when it comes to the hybrid part of the engine. But we already have contacts with companies that have very much expertise in that area."

Influencers
The last year Ford was active in Formula 1 was in 2004 with Jaguar Racing. After that year, the team was sold to, yes, Red Bull. So Red Bull and Ford are expected to unveil their plans on Friday. It has already been leaked in America that the 'Ford Motor Company' is sending some influencers, with many followers on social media, to the event in New York. Red Bull Racing has been asked for a comment, but the team would not comment.
Furthermore, it is unlikely that fans will already be able to catch a glimpse of the new car during that presentation in New York. Red Bull will then, like last year, put an old car in a modern jacket and does not want to make the competition any wiser. For the general public, the RB19 will be on display for the first time on 23 February, during the first day of testing in Bahrain. Then, on 5 March, Bahrain will also be the setting for the first Grand Prix of the season, which has a record 23 races.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

I'm looking forward to some clarity regarding the MGU-K supplier.

kediown

Anyone have a guess for the RB19 livery? Personally I don't have much of a guess because I think it'll stay relatively the same but I hope they use metallic colors and add purple in the car like on this picture

Probably they won't use metallic colors due to weight saving though

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

The Red Bull sponsorship w/ Msport Ford in the WRC is new for this season. Fascinating....

F1NAC

AR3-GP wrote:
31 Jan 2023, 18:23
The Red Bull sponsorship w/ Msport Ford in the WRC is new for this season. Fascinating....
Weren’t they together last year as well?

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

F1NAC wrote:
31 Jan 2023, 18:30
AR3-GP wrote:
31 Jan 2023, 18:23
Weren’t they together last year as well?
You are correct. I got confused. I thought they were just sponsoring Sebastian Loeb last year.

organic

https://racer.com/2023/01/30/red-bull-a ... p-penalty/
“We’re probably 25% almost of the way through that penalty, and of course it has an effect,” Horner told RACER. “It’s limiting significantly, the amount of runs that we can do in our wind tunnel over each quarter. And I think that the team are they’re having to adapt to that. And it just means you have to be a bit more focused, and more disciplined in what we put through the testing process within the tunnel or within our simulation tools.

“So it’s another challenge. And it’s a handicap for sure, coming into this year, but we’ve got very capable people that are looking to obviously extract the best that we possibly can and apply ourselves in the most efficient and effective way.”
25% of the way through. When does the penalty expire? October '23?