Haas VF-23 Speculation Thread

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
wogx

Haas VF-23 Speculation Thread

That rear has a bulge, definitely not a VF-22 :-k

Kukułka zwyczajna, kukułka pospolita – nazwy ludowe: gżegżółka, zazula (Cuculus canorus) – gatunek średniego ptaka wędrownego z podrodziny kukułek (Cuculinae) w rodzinie kukułkowatych (Cuculidae). Jedyny w Europie Środkowej pasożyt lęgowy. Zamieszkuje strefę umiarkowaną.

organic

Re: Haas VF-23 Speculation Thread

I'm not going to analyse it as probably a render of a very early '23 design. We spent a while looking at the '22 Haas livery release car and it ended up being almost nothing like their real car

wogx

Kukułka zwyczajna, kukułka pospolita – nazwy ludowe: gżegżółka, zazula (Cuculus canorus) – gatunek średniego ptaka wędrownego z podrodziny kukułek (Cuculinae) w rodzinie kukułkowatych (Cuculidae). Jedyny w Europie Środkowej pasożyt lęgowy. Zamieszkuje strefę umiarkowaną.

F1doc

organic wrote:
31 Jan 2023, 16:17
I'm not going to analyse it as probably a render of a very early '23 design. We spent a while looking at the '22 Haas livery release car and it ended up being almost nothing like their real car
Agreed. The mirror proportions suggest '22 car with new livery for show. Rear end has lots of missing "bits" to the suspension. Best to see what cars get brought to the first and only pre-season test. I can't see anyone hiding anything with that short a turnaround to Race 1.

organic

Will say the shark fin area of the render is interesting. It is stepped and the bodywork contracts downwards very aggressively compared to last year

BlueCheetah66

organic wrote:
31 Jan 2023, 16:17
The way the livery is around the nose probably suggests that's going to change

Holm86

They already said that this is just a livery launch, this isn't the 2023 car ...

Vaexa

For my money it's a render of some early design. The livery suggests they'll retain the bathtubs but that was pretty nailed on, honestly. I don't agree that it's the 2022 car.

wogx

Blackout

That bulge is reminiscent of the Alfa.
--> Pushrods at the rear confirmed.

Just kidding

continuum16

Typical bucket of confusion from Haas: missing suspension elements, weird car design that doesn’t make any sense. What I would take from this is, like others have suggested, they probably will keep the bathtub sidepods, because they conveniently left the top blank black like last year.

Hopefully they post one or two pictures from the shakedown and it’s not another RB18 scenario where finding a clean image is like looking for a needle in a haystack.
"You can't argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"
- Mark Twain

trinidefender

continuum16 wrote:
31 Jan 2023, 18:40
Typical bucket of confusion from Haas: missing suspension elements, weird car design that doesn’t make any sense. What I would take from this is, like others have suggested, they probably will keep the bathtub sidepods, because they conveniently left the top blank black like last year.

Hopefully they post one or two pictures from the shakedown and it’s not another RB18 scenario where finding a clean image is like looking for a needle in a haystack.
"Weird car design that doesn't make sense?"

What in the world does that mean. Also odd considering it's just a render and not the actual car.

Sevach

It's not real but the tiny airbox is striking.
And the gearbox bulge, reminds me of some early 10s Williams.