2023 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
-wkst-
-wkst-

Re: 2023 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

You don't have to, Michael Schmidt has no twitter account. In an article he didn't write such things, also not in their video blogs.

They published a video blog yesterday:

He more or less repeated what we all know:
- TP Krack said that they were holding back some things from Imola for Barcelona
- Monaco upgrade wasn't really big
- let's wait for Barcelona if they are at all able to reduce the gap a bit with new parts
- let's say they can reduce the gap 1-2 tenths, maybe later in the season the can make another perfomance jump
- AM is a good car so it's the right approach from engineers with smaller updates

What a twitter guy writes is irrelevant, most of the time just to get attention, quoting someone intentionally (or not) wrong.

BloodLad91

McG wrote:
31 May 2023, 18:39
tinuva wrote:
31 May 2023, 08:46
:shock:

Said this might happen. Looks like it'll be a full Honda takeover it at least something without the AM name.
This doesn't change anything, stroll is still majority shareholder in AM car company and fully owns f1 team which is seperate company to AM car company.

makecry
makecry

BloodLad91 wrote:
01 Jun 2023, 09:20
McG wrote:
31 May 2023, 18:39
tinuva wrote:
31 May 2023, 08:46
:shock:

Said this might happen. Looks like it'll be a full Honda takeover it at least something without the AM name.
This doesn't change anything, stroll is still majority shareholder in AM car company and fully owns f1 team which is seperate company to AM car company.
He isn’t the majority stake holder. He and His group of investors own 1/5th of it via Yee Haw. He doesn’t fully own AMR either, his group of investors do, he just has a controlling stake in it.

GoranF1
GoranF1

-wkst- wrote:
01 Jun 2023, 09:02
You don't have to, Michael Schmidt has no twitter account. In an article he didn't write such things, also not in their video blogs.

- TP Krack said that they were holding back some things from Imola for Barcelona
- let's wait for Barcelona if they are at all able to reduce the gap a bit with new parts
- let's say they can reduce the gap 1-2 tenths, maybe later in the season the can make another perfomance jump
- AM is a good car so it's the right approach from engineers with smaller updates

What a twitter guy writes is irrelevant, most of the time just to get attention, quoting someone intentionally (or not) wrong.
I never said I read it on HIS twitter. Someone posted it. But you said he didn't said it,but then below you write exactly that!?
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

Bisonas

GoranF1 wrote:
01 Jun 2023, 08:16
-wkst- wrote:
01 Jun 2023, 07:59
GoranF1 wrote:
31 May 2023, 19:15

Also Schmidt from AMuS...I heard later it's fake account.
I follow AMuS as a german speaker, also their video blogs. Schmidt didn't say anything about a big upgrade from AM in Barcelona, I don't know why you are saying such things.

Schmidt only said before Imola that Whitmarsh told him around season start that the first "perfomance upgrade" will come at race 6 (Imola). He even said already 2-3 times that AM stays tight-lipped about what they are bringing (unlike Mercedes and co).
Now because of you I have to spend half of the morning searching Twitter to find that tweet from yesterday.
I say it because I read it.
I saw the tweet below the other day, but tbh i don't know who this guy is and what are his sources.
Anyone can say anything at this point. We will know very soon what's going on with the AMR upgrades when the car hits the track.

-wkst-
-wkst-

GoranF1 wrote:
01 Jun 2023, 13:25
But you said he didn't said it,but then below you write exactly that!?
Have you even read what I have written?

You posted yesterday that also Michael Schmidt (AMuS) said that there will be "a big upgrade in Spain". Additional to your great source Robert Payton...

In reality he never did. He more or less said that he only hopes that (with the mentioned updates from Krack) that AM can reduce the gap to RBR a bit. He never mentioned that AM will bring a big update to Spain, he never mentioned that the updates is worth X or Y. He is not even sure if AM is able to close the gap at all.

With such bad translations journalists like Schmidt get a bad reputation, only because of people like you, who are not able to translate things correctly.

But that's the current time. Hype, hype, hype, no research, trust everyone on twitter. There are so many rumours about updates of the teams, which are always worth a couple of tenths. If half of them would have been true this year, the track record in Monaco would already be below 1 minute...
Last edited by -wkst- on 01 Jun 2023, 14:13, edited 2 times in total.

GoranF1
GoranF1

-wkst- wrote:
01 Jun 2023, 13:51
GoranF1 wrote:
01 Jun 2023, 13:25
But you said he didn't said it,but then below you write exactly that!?
Have you even read what I have written?

You posted yesterday that also Michael Schmidt (AMuS) said that there will be "a big upgrade in Spain". Additional to your great source Robert Payton...

In reality he never did. He more or less said that he only hopes that (with the mentioned updates from Krack) that AM can reduce the gap to RBR a bit. He never mentioned that AM will bring a big update to Spain, he never mentioned that the updates is worth X or Y. He is not even sure if AM is able to close the gap at all.

With such bad translations journalists like Schmidt get a bad reputation, only because of people like you, who are not able to translate things correctly.

But that's the current time. Hype, hype, hype, no research, trust everyone on twitter. There are so many rumours about updates of the teams, which are always worth a couple of tenths. If half of them would have been true this year, the track record in Monaco would already be below 1 minute...

@bisonas

The guy in the tweet is the next candidate. Reads from the "Robert Payton" fake tweet about the "zoom call" with the simulations and makes a tweet of it that "he has been told". Rule n1, a real journalist with real contacts never writes "33rd is coming" in a tweet.
I didn't say things the way you said I did at all.
I said Schmidt also said "about" update.
1-2 /10 sec is the most important thing,update coming.
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

-wkst-
-wkst-

GoranF1 wrote:
01 Jun 2023, 14:05
I didn't say things the way you said I did at all.
I said Schmidt also said "about" update.
1-2 /10 sec is the most important thing,update coming.
Come on, at least stand by what you wrote.

You wrote:
Multiple sources saying biggest update of the year coming in Barcelona.
2/10 sec min. improvement
Then you presented "diffuser" your source "Robert Payton".

After it "KimiRai" also wanted to know your "multiple sources" and pointed out (like someone above) that "Robert Payton" is fake.

You replied to "KimiRai":
Also Schmidt from AMuS...I heard later it's fake account.

But that's my last comment about this. You can accept my advise to check "your sources" a little bit better, or not.

KimiRai
KimiRai

AR3-GP wrote:
01 Jun 2023, 06:33
Credit to Alonso for not throwing the team under the bus.
I agree, Fernando has definitely improved in that area over the years.

Also, he's being cautious about the prospects in Spain.

"Red Bull has dominated so far. I don't see why it shouldn't dominate here. We have to be cautious. I would almost sign a podium. The circuit will be about 5 seconds faster. I don't know if the last corner will be flat out, maybe it will be for Red Bull. We know that the rest of the teams also have some new developments"."

KimiRai
KimiRai

Upgrades for Spain seem to be front wing and a small front suspension change. Front wing is already shown in the car thread, and the suspension change could be internal so it could be possible that the difference is not seen. New floor doesn't seem like it arrived here, but as always I stress that I may be wrong. More upgrades should come in Canada in two weeks, and it's possible (not guaranteed) that the Canada upgrade will be a substantial one.

Egresi Tamás
Egresi Tamás

zoroastar
zoroastar

-wkst- wrote:
01 Jun 2023, 09:02

he also said that some of the imola upgrade makes no sense for barcelona so it will be released later (canada i assume)

Zynerji

Stroll home race. Makes sense.

Egresi Tamás
Egresi Tamás

KimiRai
KimiRai

Better to post these in the car thread