2023 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Dextercitox
Dextercitox

Re: 2023 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

Car looks very good and seems to be designed quite aggressive , you have to take risks to catch the others. Last year they started with the wrong feet but the development through the year was quite consistent and at the end of the year they were very near Alpine.

First "Dan Fallows" car and looks promising. If they start the year well this time, it will be a top-midfield contender for sure and if that's the case, perhaps one podium if you're lucky in a crazy race.

I think that Alonso it's a "old dog" like we say in Spain, and he calms down the hype because before the first race it's typical to be over optimist and then the reality push you.

P4 in constructors at the end of the year must be the goal I think.

KimiRai
KimiRai

Dextercitox wrote:
15 Feb 2023, 21:04
Car looks very good and seems to be designed quite aggressive , you have to take risks to catch the others. Last year they started with the wrong feet but the development through the year was quite consistent and at the end of the year they were very near Alpine.

First "Dan Fallows" car and looks promising. If they start the year well this time, it will be a top-midfield contender for sure and if that's the case, perhaps one podium if you're lucky in a crazy race.

I think that Alonso it's a "old dog" like we say in Spain, and he calms down the hype because before the first race it's typical to be over optimist and then the reality push you.

P4 is the goal this year according to the team, yes. But personally I would be content with 5th as well. Next year needs to be another step up though.

NAPI10
NAPI10

Lawrence systematically removed/subside old guards of the team one by one -
https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/long- ... /10432496/

EJ22B
EJ22B

NAPI10 wrote:
16 Feb 2023, 18:16
I don't think it's anything like that. Aston Martin will need their own hydraulics system, carbon gearbox carrier, gearbox cassette, latest composites and lot of other stuff to get on the level of RB, Ferrari and Mercedes.

Andrew Green is the perfect guy to run an operation like that. This Aston Martin Technology operation is 100% trying to replicate Redbull Advanced Technologies business model.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

EJ22B wrote:
16 Feb 2023, 18:45
NAPI10 wrote:
16 Feb 2023, 18:16
I don't think it's anything like that. Aston Martin will need their own hydraulics system, carbon gearbox carrier, gearbox cassette, latest composites and lot of other stuff to get on the level of RB, Ferrari and Mercedes.

Andrew Green is the perfect guy to run an operation like that. This Aston Martin Technology operation is 100% trying to replicate Redbull Advanced Technologies business model.
I agree. I think this movement is just more creative accounting to circumvent the spirit of the budget cap. AM is not the only team doing it. They all are.

Alonso Fan

KimiRai wrote:
15 Feb 2023, 23:34
Dextercitox wrote:
15 Feb 2023, 21:04

P4 is the goal this year according to the team, yes. But personally I would be content with 5th as well. Next year needs to be another step up though.
same here, solid baseline and consistency in the top 10 is key, anything else is a bonus
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

Vanja #66

They should aim at P3, that way they'll surely get to P4 at least. I believe they have what it takes in the car and now also in the cockpit. Seb was good at his prime, but 2018 broke his spirit it seems...
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#Aerogimli
#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

If Alonso gets even a sniff of a decent car this year, watch out. His 2022 season was blighted by reliability.

ME4ME

Vanja #66 wrote:
16 Feb 2023, 23:52
They should aim at P3, that way they'll surely get to P4 at least.
Nah surely there is a limit to the psychological concept of aiming higher to get better results :)

Imo they shouldn't lie to themselves. Realistically with all the new personell and their new factory and WT still under construction they aren't going to beat RB, Merc and Ferrari just yet.

P4 is a good realistic target. Hard enough since they got to beat Alpine and Mclaren.
Surely such year-on-year improvement would satisfy the shareholders and commercial parterners too.

diffuser

Vanja #66 wrote:
They should aim at P3, that way they'll surely get to P4 at least. I believe they have what it takes in the car and now also in the cockpit. Seb was good at his prime, but 2018 broke his spirit it seems...
You know they're building a car for P1, they just "think" they don't have the goods to go above P4, hence, that target.

ringo

I do not expect P4. A cheif aero guy is not enough. Strategy, operations, and strategically developing throughout the year will factor more than anything. We saw how with the second fastest car, and faster in qualy, that Ferrari didn't align the other key components of a top race team to challenge.
I wish aAonso the best, but I do think Stroll will be taking full advantage as well. They may get in each others way.
For Sure!!

basti313
basti313

diffuser wrote:
17 Feb 2023, 15:45
Vanja #66 wrote:
You know they're building a car for P1, they just "think" they don't have the goods to go above P4, hence, that target.
It is not "think". The engine changes are still too fresh, no customer team will beat the works teams. P4 is realistic maximum for customer teams if Ferrari does not screw up completely.
Don`t russel the hamster!

KimiRai
KimiRai

ringo wrote:
17 Feb 2023, 20:06
A cheif aero guy is not enough.
Well that would be two former chief aero guys not one, Fallows and Blandin.

diffuser

basti313 wrote:
17 Feb 2023, 20:23
diffuser wrote:
Vanja #66 wrote:
It is not "think". The engine changes are still too fresh, no customer team will beat the works teams. P4 is realistic maximum for customer teams if Ferrari does not screw up completely.
What PU changes ?

Chuckjr

basti313 wrote:
17 Feb 2023, 20:23
diffuser wrote:
Vanja #66 wrote:
Or Merc...
Watching F1 since 1986.