Haas VF-23

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
gordonthegun

Re: Haas VF-23

Interesting to me how Haas managed to create sidepods with a decent waterslide while keeping the air intake and the entire upper part of the car so narrow and a rear air outlet only slightly wider than before.

It might be that this upgrade was agreed with Ferrari that particularly likes cars with narrow tops and at the same time needs to create sidepods like most of the other teams.

In this way they can collect useful data for both teams.

organic

I would not say the entire upper of the car is narrow in the slightest. It's very bulky now

gordonthegun

organic wrote:
22 Oct 2023, 15:44
I would not say the entire upper of the car is narrow in the slightest. It's very bulky now
In this pic you can see that the bulky part starts in a low position, the airscope and the upper part of the car behind it are the same as before:

Vanja #66

Yes, the airbox is the same and the outlet is not so big as it first appeared. The bodywork around the engine, where the louvers are, is the widest. This is the same like 2022 Ferrari had, a wider rounded bodywork to accelerate the air locally and help with the hot air extraction. Still consider it a conservative approach, I don't think they had to keep it that wide and have a cannon outlet at the same time.
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#Aerogimli
#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

gordonthegun

Cooling, cooling, cooling!

gordonthegun

"#Haas will compare the old aerodynamics and Austin update. Hulkenberg is better off with the old one"

ThijsMuis
ThijsMuis