oil suction turbine?

All that has to do with the power train, gearbox, clutch, fuels and lubricants, etc. Generally the mechanical side of Formula One.
echedey

oil suction turbine?

someone knows how is the oil suction turbine of the crankcase of a f1 engine I am looking for images on the Internet and I can not find anything ne sito see how it is to make some sketches of the internal parts of the pump and to design mine, I also need to see images of how is the cylinder head gasket of a f1 I have never seen one?

another thing before I forget I understand that the f1 engines in the pistons have no tolerance?

i.e. if the cylinder bore is 98 mm the piston bore is 98 mm

gruntguru

Re: oil suction turbine?

echedey wrote:
20 Feb 2023, 21:33
another thing before I forget I understand that the f1 engines in the pistons have no tolerance?

No. With everything at operating temperature there is a clearance between the piston and the bore - wide enough for the oil to fit.
je suis charlie

Tommy Cookers

echedey wrote:
20 Feb 2023, 21:33
... another thing before I forget I understand that the f1 engines in the pistons have no tolerance?
the word is interference
there wasn't an interference fit when running .....
when cold there was interference (so before starting the engines were heated with hot coolant)

afaik
the piston changes shape in running (it has a cooler side and a hotter side)
there's asymmetry of the gas loads and maybe the inertia forces
the 98 bore 39 stroke 20000rpm engine was unlike F1 engines before or since

echedey

I have to look for pictures of how the centrifugal oil recovery and air separator pump works and how the pump collects the oil. I have to see the inside of this mechanism, and what it looks like inside and its internal components.

saviour stivala

For detailed description of the oil system, scavenge, centrifuge + a detailed system layout and an actual oil tank cut in two showing the internal go to ''F1 oil tank, a closer look. by Brain G 28 Feb 2021'' on this here forum.