Car threads - make two types of them

Everything about this website and its content. Here you will find update announcements or requests for feedback. Questions about layout, functionality, content, and your suggestions are welcome.

Make two types of car threads?

Yes. I like the idea of car development journal separate from general car talk.
36%
No. Leave the restrictive car thread as is.
55%
I don't care.
9%
I have another idea...
No votes

Total votes: 11

PlatinumZealot

Car threads - make two types of them

:idea: :We need to go back to the old days with the car threads, which were very journal-like, while still allowing for fruitful discussion and technobable. I am proposing the follkwing:

Make specific car threads that function as a strict journal of car developments... (this used to be done by user named "Bar555")...

And then have the general car talk threads where we can post laptimes and whatnot.

The current tight restrictions are boring and are hurting the flow of discussions IMO.

What do you guys think?
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

chrisc90

Re: Car threads - make two types of them

Agree, seems some posts arent strictly the technical development of the car to the 'letter' of the rules of the techy thread, but arent also team talk related.

organic

That'll just dilute the discussion as people won't bother to check through multiple threads

Just use the team threads

the EDGE

I don’t think it would really make any difference to the content of the car thread, people can’t follow the simply guidelines as they are now… no point complicating things