Current Formula 1 Press Conference studio set room too different than pre-Covid-19 era

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
theriusDR3
theriusDR3

Current Formula 1 Press Conference studio set room too different than pre-Covid-19 era

Pre-Covid-19 Formula 1 Press Conference studio set room

Current Formula 1 Press Conference studio set room

The Pre-Covid-19 Formula 1 Press Conference studio set room was consisted of chair and table and took place at mini-auditorium or hall. Since Covid-19 hit the world, the Formula 1 Press Conference studio set room currently different by removing table and only sit at Sofa.

Your opinions of that change?

organic

Re: Current Formula 1 Press Conference studio set room too different than pre-Covid-19 era

They're going for a more casual feel. Makes sense since with the way the sport has changed over time

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Re: Current Formula 1 Press Conference studio set room too different than pre-Covid-19 era

I don’t like it. F1 is slowly but surely ripping away every classical element of the sport. Some change is good, but not all.

avantman
avantman

AR3-GP wrote:
03 Mar 2023, 09:28
I don’t like it. F1 is slowly but surely ripping away every classical element of the sport. Some change is good, but not all.
Fully agree. Are they trying to transform a fierce competition of strong men into sort of friendly kindergarten or something.
Last edited by avantman on 03 Mar 2023, 11:01, edited 1 time in total.

Vanja #66

Press conference is a well known format - you sit behind a desk and talk with journalists and answer questions. This talk show format simply leads me to think that FOM is going for scripted show in every aspect, including races and championship...
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#Aerogimli
#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

gastonmazzacane

I don't like it, but I'm old school anyway :D

ChrisF1
ChrisF1

avantman wrote:
03 Mar 2023, 09:33
AR3-GP wrote:
03 Mar 2023, 09:28
Fully agree. Are they trying to transform a fierce competition of strong men into sort of friendly kindergarten or something.
That's life. Strong men are the enemy of equality and progression.

Mogster

The drivers seemed more comfortable sat behind the tables. The row of people in the sofa, everyone looks awkward, the interactions seem worse.

JordanMugen

In the late 80's there was no table either.

I don't understand why they bother to do the post-Q/race press conference at all, given they are not televised anymore TBH. It seems like too many media commitments.

theriusDR3 wrote:
03 Mar 2023, 09:08
The Pre-Covid-19 Formula 1 Press Conference studio set room was consisted of chair and table and took place at mini-auditorium or hall.
Although in the 70's and early 80's, it seems the press conferences sometimes did have the table. Perhaps depending on the race organiser, or as part of a move to make it more casual in the late 80's,

It seems like the table was (re?)introduced sometime in the early 90's. Then taken away again around 2020.

vorticism

It's unprofessional, the lack of a table. The drivers should be able to present themselves formally; this requires a table or podium, or to be standing.
𓄀

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

I've seen more professional looking barber shops.

I get it. Different strokes for different folks. This is one area where I just prefer tradition. It's subjective, I understand.