kimis alledged drunk driving

Everything about this website and its content. Here you will find update announcements or requests for feedback. Questions about layout, functionality, content, and your suggestions are welcome.
pyry

kimis alledged drunk driving

http://www.f1technical.net/news/3767
id like to know who the idiot behind this article is? you might like to start checking your facts. raikkonen has never been caught drinking and driving and being fed up with this bullshit has sued the italian newspaper that published that. id suggest you only post facts as news in the future
four rings to rule them all

m3_lover

It was mentioned in here

viewtopic.php?t=3088&start=30
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

DaveKillens

All I can do is read the news, and form my own conclusions. The fact that Kimi does have a past where he has been publicly drunk and stupid doesn't help his image or defence of wild accusations.

Principessa

Don't shoot the messenger! I don't come up with these things, I've read it in several newspapers and on several sites. It's not like I was standing next to the police-officer that would have stopped Kimi!
You're right that it doesn't mean that it's true if it's in the newspaper, but he has a bad history in this topic, so people believe it sooner. If this news isn't correct than I appologise, but I'm not the one that was the first to come with this news.

Sorry if this offends Kimi fans, but it's not my intention. I bring the news there is and it's not that I want to bring sensation, but if in half a day over 500 people read this article, it means that they are also interested in what the F1 drivers do in their spare time. If it was Alonso, Schumacher,... or any other driver I would have brought the news as well.

I hope you understand my position as well, as I understand the position of you and all his fans.

DaveKillens

I commiserate with you Principessa, you are not responsible for the news stories. It's not that you are able to contact Kimi's representative to hear his side of the story.
And if a fan sees something that rubs them the wrong way, that's the nature of sport. I have a soft spot for JV, and some of his actions I would not want to learn about. But s--t happens, we have to deal with the lows as well as enjoy the highs.
I would suggest fans cast about before reaching any definitive conclusion. For instance when I first read the post about Kimi, I checked other sites and googled for info. And yes, it appears all of this story about Kimi comes from one sole Italian newspaper.. so reach your own conclusion. Who knows, maybe the editor wants Shu to stay on, or maybe the editor is just reporting the hard facts as presented. Make up your own mind.

You bring us the news, Principessa, and many times, before it hits the major sites. Well done.

juks

Principessa

But you are responsible for doing basic research. Just copying and spinning in a worse way stuff you see in the wen provides no added value to anybody, least to this site as you lose credibility.

By the time your strongly worded, sensation seeking article "Kimi on the rocks" appeared here, there were already sites publishing contrary articles.

Further more, hours before you published your article, the press event in Turkey GP had taken place were Kimi stated that the rumours are unture and thet he'd be suing the journo who started the false rumour. As a F1 site, I find it amazing you had not read the transcript of that p[ress event.

If he's guilty, I'd doubt he'd want to sue as it would be easy to prove him wrong.

Further more, Kimi has never been arrested for drunken driving. Pls provice the source for that claim. I have never seem it, and I'd like to know how you came up with that claim.

If you any integrity, you would post a new news item where you'd state that your earlier item might be wrong, and you'd report on any further developments in this matter. Also you would apologize for making a wrong claim about an earlier arrest which never has happened.

Principessa

If you would read my previous post, you would know in which position I stand. And please don't forget that we're just students and we work very hard on this site as much as possible, but we're not pro's. If you think you can manage a F1 site better, than show it to us. You really don't have a clue about what kind of work it asks of us, so if you would have read my previous post, you would have seen my opinion about it. So don't attack me like that, certainly when you're just a new member knowing very little about this site and the way things work around here, obviously.

engin007

Hey dont criticise Principessa, she does a great job. I stand with you Principessa!!

Tom

well juks, pretty strong first post, how long have you been watching this site? 2 mins? less?

Honestly, some people are only here to moan. Some advice my friend, if you are going to criticise people try doing it yourself first, rather than looking like a complete gibbon.

I have been on this site 6 months now, I'm here every night, there's a good reason for that, I have trawled through many F1 sites and I have learnt more here in those months than in years of 'F1.com' etc. The reason this site works is because its entirely volentary and for enthusiasts by enthusiasts. Tomba and Principessa work there asses off on this site every day, despite having many other things to do, and as a result people from all over the globe are here talking about what they love.
The Americans have a good phrase for it I believe, 'If you don't like it, take a hike'
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

Ciro Pabón

Ehem, I shouldn't do this...

I can't see which is the relation between the time you've been a member and the ability to state your point of view. It is not that you become more articulate the more you read my posts: quite the contrary, I'd say... :)

And, yes, it is sad, but Principessa made a mistake. Not that I blame her: I manage to make a mistake once a week and I only have to post my opinion!

Anyway, this is a good lesson: you probably have to think all the time that news are just "glorified gossip". I ranted about Kimi (did they erase the thread?) to my hearts content and now I regret it.

Sorry, you guys.

C'mon, it is time for an apology to Kimi fan (or fans, if there is more than one). :wink: Specially because Principessa has an unblemished record of fairness and intelligence (I guess this is what Tom meant).
Ciro

juks

I have no problem with people working hard on their site. Every news outlet (paper, internet whatever) makes mistakes. The ones with jornalistic integrity admit their erroes AND publish a correction. Not on a forum page but the actual news area where the error happened.

"We are only students and work really hard for this site" is a lausy excuse for not admiiting mistakes. It maybe an explanation why the mistake happened, but I'm not inetersted in the reasons. What I find disappointing is the unwillingness to admit mistakes. Everybody does them...

And no, I don't have a F1 site as I don't have time to run one. I would only have one if I had the time to do it properly...

BTW you still did not explain where the claim came about Kimi's earlier drunken driving arrest, which has never happened? As you do not want to give any explanation, is it safe to assume that that was your own invention?

In any case, I congratulate you for running a good looking site with apparently lots of good stuff in it. I would only recommend to admit and correct obvious errors. That will move you to be even a higher quality site...

Principessa

To begin, I have appologised, but I guess you didn't take my earlier advice and you haven't read the first post in this topic here. What do you want me to do? Write an article with as title: "I WAS WRONG" ????

To continue:
juks wrote:BTW you still did not explain where the claim came about Kimi's earlier drunken driving arrest, which has never happened? As you do not want to give any explanation, is it safe to assume that that was your own invention?
I did do some research, I found this at a Belgian newspapersite and a Dutch newspapersite. So it wasn't my invention, like you want to call it. I think you're just making too much of this. I've appologised, I really don't understand what else you expect from me, I really don't. You're acting like this site does nothing else but publishing bad things about Kimi. If it would have been another F1 driver, I would have published it as well.

manchild

All the things Principessa wrote were mentioned today during qualy on TV. Its been said that Kimi will take legal actions against newspapers who published that news.

So, Principessa only quoted media source and if it turns out that source was wrong she'll inform us about that too but that certianly dosn't gives anyone the right to call her idiot because whate she wrote was mentioned by all medias and they can't all be idiots, can they? :roll:

Kimi- A drunk driver? http://www.newsnow.co.uk/cgi/NGoto/157226416?

Drunk Kimi caught driving car http://www.newsnow.co.uk/cgi/NGoto/157163842?

Drunk Kimi loses wallet at party http://www.newsnow.co.uk/cgi/NGoto/156812262?

Kimi drunk at the wheel http://www.news24.com/News24/Sport/More ... 63,00.html

http://hungaria.org/search.php
Last edited by manchild on 27 Aug 2006, 03:02, edited 2 times in total.

Steven
Owner

Ok here we go... first of all pyry should post in the correct forum, so when asking questions or making remarks about the site, do in in feedback & support, so I moved this thread.

On topic then: I have slightly changed the introduction of our article so that it clearly states that this Belgian newspaper reported this story. I hope this is sufficient for the most of you. After all, we don't claim everything is correct, but we certainly do not come up with any story from zero information.
I'll look more closely that in the news the source is mentioned when applicable.

juks

Tomba

That's a good step forward.

Principessa

If you look at any quality newspaper, they publish correction whenever they have made a mistake of the magniture discussed here. It does not mean that the journalist who wrote the article is somehow considered as a bad person, it's just that the newspaper feels responsible for being accurate, and correcting it's mistakes. It's just common sense.

What do i want you to do? You do whatever you feel is correct. From high quality journalistic point of view, it should be very clear: you would publish a new item in your news section stating that your accusation regarding Kimi's having been arrested from drunk driving was incorrect. He never has been. But you do whatever you want, it's your site and you are the one who should be concerned of it's credibility, not I.

You feel I'm picking on you? Maybe I am, but you were the ONLY site I read that claimed incorrectly that Kimi had been arrested for DD sometime in the past. All the others I read only talked about the false claims from Italy. Your article was by far the most hostile I saw. So yeah, your news article was the one that made me respond.

Manchild

I haven't called Principessa an idiot, and I don't think she is.