F1 Fantasy League 2024

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Steven
Owner

F1 Fantasy League 2024

New league opened for 2024!

Just like in the last few years, I've setup our league again on the fantasygp.com system.

Setup your team at https://fantasygp.com/
Find the league f1technical or go directly to https://fantasygp.com/league/?lid=1502
Join the league with code 39871502

Good luck!

chrisc90

Re: F1 Fantasy League 2024

Such a tough choice this season to get the decent teams and drivers in.

Basically no Max and RB together. Your one of the other this season.

Very tough selections given the budget.

BorisTheBlade

Hey Fantasy-GP-Team-Managers,

as the initial values for all assets are already dialed in, here is some food for thoughts:

The following tables show the Teams and the Drivers with their final FGP points of 2023 but with their current values. The PPM are the Points per Million and might give us an idea of the Bang/Buck ratio if, and only if, all of them do keep their Status Quo. So of additional importance is the question, how the assets will change their relative competitiveness regarding earning FGP-points (which quite coincidentally stronlgy correllates with their F1-points earning capabilities).

Surprisingly, Red Bull are 3rd best in PPM, only Haas and Alfa Romeo being even better. Merc, Fer and McL look far weaker in that respect.

Zhou, Albon and Bottas each looking like a Bargain, while Piastri and the Ferarri drivers look terrible.

But as stated before, in which way do we expect the competitive landscape to change? And which strategy to apply: Buy assets that maximize points gained early on, or buy undervalued assets to push your budget?
  • Haas - While they also finished last in FGP last year, for most of the season they were a good option for the "cheap Team slot". But everything else than being dead last on most occasions would come as quite a surprise for me. I think the performance that can be had with that kind of team philosophy has reached a ceiling. But even if they get 20% less points than last year they might be worth it.
  • Williams - I fully trust Vowles to improve the Team significantly in the long term. But by how much already next year? Also they would need a stronger second driver, so the value is a bit high for my liking.
  • Racing Bulls - There is a good chance, they might improve significantly. They look like a nice asset to push the budget early on.
  • Alfa Romeo - I like James Key and maybe they can keep the Status Quo. I do not really know what to make of them, as there is strong competition from the Racing Bulls and Williams.
  • Alpine - I guess their initial PPM is that good, because they will have a hard time keeping their Status Quo. After all the struggle last year, Alpine might more often look who is coming for them from behind, than to whom they catch up to.
  • AST - Hoping for a continuation of the 2023 form - but even then they only have one capable driver, while Fer, Mer and McL should be a stiffer competition right from the start - unlike last year. So ATM Aston is far from a no-brainer for me.
  • The big four - Seems, the FGP-Committee expects Red Bull not to dominate in the same way as last year and the others to catch-up. That at least would explain to me the relatively high PPM of RBR and the relatively low PPMs for the other three.
  • Generally I see drivers as a function of the performance of their cars. Only the relative competitiveness to their team-mates is of interest to me...
  • Ricciardo - We should not forget, that the 2023 points for "Ricciardo" were the points of De Vries, Lawson and Ricciardo combined. I can imagine him to come close to Tsunoda. I expect him to be a rather mediocre Qualifier who should gain quite some places and FGP-points in races due to cleverness and experience. Might be a nice "cheap driver slot" pick.
  • Sargeant - I give him the benefit of doubt (more experience, improved fitness). Even if he could only score half as many FGP Points as Albon, he would be worth the money.
Of course I will not tell you, what my initial team will look like :wink:
But at least I am trying to not be as tight-lipped as last year - a bit of FGP discussions could be fun. So what do you think?

BorisTheBlade

Just as last year, I created a league for this Forum on the official F1 Fantasy Game as well:
Code: C7FL5H2VQ06
Link: https://fantasy.formula1.com/en/leagues ... 7FL5H2VQ06

BassVirolla

BorisTheBlade wrote:
12 Feb 2024, 21:43
Hey Fantasy-GP-Team-Managers,

as the initial values for all assets are already dialed in, here is some food for thoughts:

[...]

Of course I will not tell you, what my initial team will look like :wink:
But at least I am trying to not be as tight-lipped as last year - a bit of FGP discussions could be fun. So what do you think?
I think that you have plenty more time to spare than me. :lol:

Jokes aside, very good analysis. I'll try my best. My feelings were quite aligned with your data. :D

lucafo

I am going with:
Alonso, Norris and Albon
RB, Alpine and Haas
- RB will dominate again
- Alpine and Haas are budget reason
- is better Alonso than AMR (Stroll is pointless)
- Norris because Mclaren will be good but have no money for that...

Steven
Owner

Reminder: quali is in 6 hours so if you want to score points this weekend, time to put your teams in!

BorisTheBlade

My initial Team:
Red Bull, Ferrari, Haas
Leclerc, Hulk, Bottas

Looking good so far after Qualifying. All drivers won their Team duells. If Hulk and Bottas stay ahead of their teammates in the race as well, they might earn some nice points even as budget options.

BassVirolla

I'm penultimate in our league. :roll:

Hamilton & AM screwing big time has been of no help at all.

BorisTheBlade

BorisTheBlade wrote:
02 Mar 2024, 10:03
... If Hulk and Bottas stay ahead of their teammates in the race as well, they might earn some nice points even as budget options.
That did not age well :lol:
But nevertheless a solid start.
Remember, that this is the last week of free unlimited changes. Also, value changes will apply after the next race.

BassVirolla

BorisTheBlade wrote:
03 Mar 2024, 16:09
BorisTheBlade wrote:
02 Mar 2024, 10:03
... If Hulk and Bottas stay ahead of their teammates in the race as well, they might earn some nice points even as budget options.
That did not age well :lol:
But nevertheless a solid start.
Remember, that this is the last week of free unlimited changes. Also, value changes will apply after the next race.
Well, in my case I cobsider it, nevertheless, also solid start; I'm in the upper half of the general standings.

Just a case of tough competition in this forum. :lol:

emp
emp

Last year you could find 2 drivers that can score points to have in the team and 2 good teams, but this year is harder. I have Red Bull, Mclaren and Williams and had to contend with Norris, Zhou and Ricciardo. Kinda bad on the driver side without going pro.

BorisTheBlade

Last season was special IMHO. ALO and AST were everyone's budget darlings that were clearly undervalued. They raised everyone's budgets big way and after that came McL. This year no one seems to be that undervalued.

maxxer
maxxer

Skipping this season and next year

Mr Alcatraz

Spanky, spanky.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand