[MVRC] Mantium Virtual Racecar Challenge 2024 (Grand Prix Cars)

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
LVDH

[MVRC] Mantium Virtual Racecar Challenge 2024 (Grand Prix Cars)

It is time to get MVRC 2024 launched.
Right now, it is at an WIP status and I am waiting for some further input before finalizing a first version of the rules and CAD files.
Once more the Wordpress page did not play nice and the sidebar disappeared for now, so you cannot see the new calendar. If you just head over to the new rules, it is there:
https://mantiumchallenge.com/mvrc-rules-2024/
The registration form is also open, so go and secure you favorite numbers and colors:
https://mantiumchallenge.com/mvrc-2024-registration/
  • 14.04.2024: GP Japan - Suzuka
  • 26.05.2024: GP Monaco - Monte Carlo
  • 07.07.2024: GP Great Britain - Silverstone
  • 01.09.2024: GP Italy - Monza
  • 27.10.2024: GP Brazil - Interlagos
I actually added or am in the process of adding most of the input received from you into 2024. As you will see, some CAD parts are still missing and MFlow needs a small update for 2024. MFlow should work for first simulations, the only real aspect missing, that will affect simulation results, is the increased surface roughness on the wheels.

I wish everyone a lot of fun for MVRC 2024!

LVDH

Re: [MVRC] Mantium Virtual Racecar Challenge 2024 (Grand Prix Cars)

OK, I have released the initial rules that should be the ones for race one, assuming you do not find major issues.
Also new CAD parts are released.
Mainly, you have the suspension rules, you wanted, so I hope everybody is happy.
Three teams have already registered for the new season, which is possible here:
I will now also send out an invite email.
From now on, the emails will come from mantiumflow.com, because I somehow had to verify my server and I was not able to do so from the mantiumchallenge one, so that is that... just a waste of my time...

yinlad

LVDH wrote:
20 Feb 2024, 20:46
OK, I have released the initial rules that should be the ones for race one, assuming you do not find major issues.
Also new CAD parts are released.
Mainly, you have the suspension rules, you wanted, so I hope everybody is happy.
Three teams have already registered for the new season, which is possible here:
I will now also send out an invite email.
From now on, the emails will come from mantiumflow.com, because I somehow had to verify my server and I was not able to do so from the mantiumchallenge one, so that is that... just a waste of my time...
Really appreciate all the effort you put into turning this around in record time. It doesn't go unnoticed =D> Here's to another good season!
MVRC - Panthera

Ft5fTL

It still downloads the V1 though.

I received mail about registering for 2024, does it mean that my previous application that i did around 10 days ago was not succesfull?
Mantium Challenge - Pure Power Racing

LVDH

yinlad wrote:
20 Feb 2024, 21:42
Really appreciate all the effort you put into turning this around in record time. It doesn't go unnoticed =D> Here's to another good season!
Thanks, good to hear.
I still owe you guys a new version of MFlow. When I rushed the initial Cloud HPC support into it, some bugs found its way in. Also the tire roughness will get adjusted.

Ft5fTL wrote:
21 Feb 2024, 00:09
It still downloads the V1 though.
Fixed, sorry about that.

Ft5fTL wrote:
21 Feb 2024, 00:09
I received mail about registering for 2024, does it mean that my previous application that i did around 10 days ago was not succesfull?
I just used the old list to remind everyone. You are definitely registered.

variante

Sorry for not bringing this up sooner, but the fuel tank and battery pack are still sticking out compared to the pilot cell.
Any chance this will get "fixed"?

julien.decharentenay
julien.decharentenay

Hi all.

Just thought I wanted to let you know I will give a try at the 2024 Challenge this year. Wish me luck, I will need it. My CAD skills are not very good to start with... But I will try to have fun and contribute where and when I can.

To happy modelling and friendly racing!

Ft5fTL

Is there any logical explanation why the lower front arm of the front suspension legality box is smaller than the upper arm meanwhile the mandatory part is the same size?

Mantium Challenge - Pure Power Racing

variante

julien.decharentenay wrote:
25 Feb 2024, 19:47
Hi all.
Welcome back, Julien!

(for those who don't know: he's the founder of this challenge)

Busor
Busor

Hi all.

Just thought I wanted to let you know I will give a try at the 2024 Challenge this year. Wish me luck, I will need it. My CAD skills are not very good to start with... But I will try to have fun and contribute where and when I can.

Welcome (back)! :)
Busor

RicME85

Hi all.

Julien! Long time no see. How are you?

Busor
Busor

Hi all,

is there some way to change the scalar range of cp_tot in post processing by myself? I'd like to try those slices with for example 0-1.

Thanks.
Busor

yinlad

Busor wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 11:35
Hi all,

is there some way to change the scalar range of cp_tot in post processing by myself? I'd like to try those slices with for example 0-1.

Thanks.
You can open the slice 'collection' in paraview and change the scale to whatever you like. Away from my computer now but happy to post a little tutorial later if required
MVRC - Panthera

yinlad

Busor wrote:
Hi all,

Thanks.
Ok, so firstly get paraview downloaded and installed;
https://www.paraview.org/download/

The bulk but not all of the interesting stuff is found in the postProcessing/sampleDict/XXXX folder where XXXX is the number of iterations you ran. postProcessing/isoSurfaceData has some interesting bits and postProcessing/sets has your streamlines. For your ptot use case select one of these 'Groups' and open it

Change the highlighted dropdown to total(p)_coeff and use the 3rd button to open the range dialog.

From here you can flick through or play between any of the 12(by default) slices on each axis.

I find it helpful to load in a surface first, then some Axis based stuff for a combined view.
MVRC - Panthera

LVDH

variante wrote:
25 Feb 2024, 18:15
Sorry for not bringing this up sooner, but the fuel tank and battery pack are still sticking out compared to the pilot cell.
Any chance this will get "fixed"?
https://i.imgur.com/fvfkRnk.jpg
I can have a look at this.

Hi all.

When, I first saw your name in the registered teams, I could not believe it. Well, I hope you like what your championship has turned into.

yinlad wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 21:04
Busor wrote:
Hi all,

Thanks.
Ok, so firstly get paraview downloaded and installed;
https://www.paraview.org/download/

The bulk but not all of the interesting stuff is found in the postProcessing/sampleDict/XXXX folder where XXXX is the number of iterations you ran. postProcessing/isoSurfaceData has some interesting bits and postProcessing/sets has your streamlines. For your ptot use case select one of these 'Groups' and open it
I find it helpful to load in a surface first, then some Axis based stuff for a combined view.
Yes, if you do not like what MFlow offers in the automated post-processing, you can always use the files created in the postProcessing folder and do what you want with for example Paraview.