[MVRC] Mantium Virtual Racecar Challenge 2024 (Grand Prix Cars)

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
Busor
Busor

Re: [MVRC] Mantium Virtual Racecar Challenge 2024 (Grand Prix Cars)

yinlad wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 21:04
Busor wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 11:35
Hi all,

is there some way to change the scalar range of cp_tot in post processing by myself? I'd like to try those slices with for example 0-1.

Thanks.
Ok, so firstly get paraview downloaded and installed;
https://www.paraview.org/download/

The bulk but not all of the interesting stuff is found in the postProcessing/sampleDict/XXXX folder where XXXX is the number of iterations you ran. postProcessing/isoSurfaceData has some interesting bits and postProcessing/sets has your streamlines. For your ptot use case select one of these 'Groups' and open it

https://i.imgur.com/PEf8eSh.png

Change the highlighted dropdown to total(p)_coeff and use the 3rd button to open the range dialog.
https://i.imgur.com/oJ8jpUx.png

From here you can flick through or play between any of the 12(by default) slices on each axis.
https://i.imgur.com/x2b9bHu.png

I find it helpful to load in a surface first, then some Axis based stuff for a combined view.
Thank you for your effort, I will look into that.
I just hoped to change the range in the generated pictures, then I would only have to click through some jpgs.
Busor

spacehead3

Hey all, just to let you know it will probably be a few more weeks before I get the lap sim website updated. Between moving house and real-world aero work I haven't had much time to work on it yet. Luckily all but one of the tracks is the same this year, so you should still be able to use the current site to dial in your cars in the meantime.
Max Taylor

CAEdevice

julien.decharentenay wrote:
25 Feb 2024, 19:47
Hi all.

Just thought I wanted to let you know I will give a try at the 2024 Challenge this year. Wish me luck, I will need it. My CAD skills are not very good to start with... But I will try to have fun and contribute where and when I can.

To happy modelling and friendly racing!
I missed to subscribe this thread so I missed this post too. I am glad to have you (back) with us in 2024.

My dream would be to have you back with a role in the staff (as well as a team). With André, Max, Christian it would be a cool dream team.

LVDH

Funny to see how quiet it is over here.

I do not expect Julian to join us, although the help would be very appreciated. But he now finally has the chance to compete with you guys. Guess what I would like to do.

This weekend, you can expect some nice updates. There will be a new version of MFlow, containing many new features and fixes.

Also, I have received questions from people interested in joining about a public car. Can one of you maybe supply something. It would help newcomers and with that help to grow the championship.

Dodgy_Malaka_69
Dodgy_Malaka_69

Hi guys, I'm new to this challenge. I just wanted some help in designing the bodywork and floor. Im using SpaceClaim as it lets me make the parts with the RV's.
I've done the front wing, floor and bodywork seems difficult for me. Any tips will be appreciated.
P.s. This is my first time posting something in F1Technical, so I'm sorry if I reply to someone while creating this thread. (I used the quick reply to post this)

yinlad

LVDH wrote:
15 Mar 2024, 19:22
Funny to see how quiet it is over here.
The calm before the storm :lol:
LVDH wrote:
This weekend, you can expect some nice updates. There will be a new version of MFlow, containing many new features and fixes.
Looking forward to it! I never got around to adjusting tyre roughness myself as a test, so I look forward to having to work through the changes that will require to handle the new wheel wake shapes
MVRC - Panthera

spacehead3

LVDH wrote:
Also, I have received questions from people interested in joining about a public car. Can one of you maybe supply something. It would help newcomers and with that help to grow the championship.
I'll whip up something quick, standby.
Max Taylor

LVDH

Dodgy_Malaka_69 wrote:
16 Mar 2024, 14:48
Hi guys, I'm new to this challenge. I just wanted some help in designing the bodywork and floor. Im using SpaceClaim as it lets me make the parts with the RV's.
I've done the front wing, floor and bodywork seems difficult for me. Any tips will be appreciated.
P.s. This is my first time posting something in F1Technical, so I'm sorry if I reply to someone while creating this thread. (I used the quick reply to post this)
Nice timing with this post. A few years back, we always provided some kind of base car for new comers to have a starting point. No idea how that disappeared but thanks to Max there might soon be a replacement.

My update is out. MFlow has been updated. Beside some nice new features, in the MVRC templates, you now have increased tire roughness as proposed by Max.
In addition, there is a small update to the CAD parts. The fuel tank and battery now have a nicer design for you guys.

Dodgy_Malaka_69
Dodgy_Malaka_69

LVDH wrote:
17 Mar 2024, 19:17
Dodgy_Malaka_69 wrote:
Nice timing with this post. A few years back, we always provided some kind of base car for new comers to have a starting point. No idea how that disappeared but thanks to Max there might soon be a replacement.

My update is out. MFlow has been updated. Beside some nice new features, in the MVRC templates, you now have increased tire roughness as proposed by Max.
In addition, there is a small update to the CAD parts. The fuel tank and battery now have a nicer design for you guys.
Ok, thanks!

Ft5fTL

LVDH wrote:
17 Mar 2024, 19:17
Cooling numbers are missing on my case on the latest update. Apart from that, new render angles and tire roughness are cool additions.
Mantium Challenge - Pure Power Racing

spacehead3

Alright well, I was hoping to put together a nice "starter" car geometry but I've already spent longer than I'd like on it, so this is what you get for now.

I've uploaded a few files here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

"MVRC_ExampleCar" and "MVRC_ExampleCar_r2" are complete ready to run cases, while the third file has IGES geometry for the r2 case.

The first case is a simplified version of my car from early last year, and the "r2" is as far as I got with making a starter car. Neither have front or rear wings or wheel vanes, but I trust people can figure those out for themselves.

At any rate, hopefully these can be some help to any new folks and at least let them take a look at the geometry and run a case. You won't be winning any races with these but if you want to use the parts knock yourself out.

And finally, don't hesitate to ask questions here if you need some help. Competitors use a wide range of CAD tools so chances are there is somebody who can give specific tips for whatever you're trying to do.
Max Taylor

variante

Dodgy_Malaka_69 wrote:
I don't know what SpaceClaim lets you do, but my typical workflow looks like this:
- i draw the main 2D sections, which determine the general characteristics of the object (like the airfoils for a wing);
- i draw 2D and 3D splines, connecting the salient points of the above sections;
- i use a surfacing tool to produce surfaces out of those sketches and splines.
Of course, make sure that you work within the allowed volumes, which may be tricky.

LVDH

Ft5fTL wrote:
18 Mar 2024, 16:11
Cooling numbers are missing on my case on the latest update. Apart from that, new render angles and tire roughness are cool additions.
I knew that something was missing, I just could not figure out what it was...
So thanks for spotting this.
The update is out.

spacehead3 wrote:
19 Mar 2024, 00:16
Alright well, I was hoping to put together a nice "starter" car geometry but I've already spent longer than I'd like on it, so this is what you get for now.

I've uploaded a few files here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

"MVRC_ExampleCar" and "MVRC_ExampleCar_r2" are complete ready to run cases, while the third file has IGES geometry for the r2 case.

The first case is a simplified version of my car from early last year, and the "r2" is as far as I got with making a starter car. Neither have front or rear wings or wheel vanes, but I trust people can figure those out for themselves.

At any rate, hopefully these can be some help to any new folks and at least let them take a look at the geometry and run a case. You won't be winning any races with these but if you want to use the parts knock yourself out.

And finally, don't hesitate to ask questions here if you need some help. Competitors use a wide range of CAD tools so chances are there is somebody who can give specific tips for whatever you're trying to do.
Fantastic, thank you.

CAEdevice

Hi everyone, for those who don't intend to publish the presentation and the cars on LinkedIn, I ask for permission to share the images that we will publish here, through the Mantium Challenge LinkedIn page.

k.ko100v
k.ko100v

In terms of MantiumFlow latest win update, can we use BlueCFD 2020-1 or 2017-2 is the latest possible version?