New record for Loeb

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
Principessa

New record for Loeb

Sebastien Loeb has won the Rally of Japan. It's his 27th victory and that is a new record. (Carlos Sainz -> 26 victories)

Congratulations :wink:

manchild
manchild

=D>

I remember how my friends were looking stragne at me when I was telling them about Loeb before he entered WRC. I noticed him while he was driving Saxo in French rally championship but untill he reached global media I was just a "weirdo" talking about some unknown driver :wink:

Tom

Well, thats another fiver for me. Loeb is an increadable driver, he's so smooth yet committed. I always thought Gronholm pushed too hard early on and his car usually couldn't handle it, but Loeb rarely ever goes over the limit. Did anyone see Monte Carlo? he crashed on one stage and therefore had to drop 5mins to restart. He still came second!!!

I had a go at rallying today in the old AX, very hairy stuff, plenty of overly late braking, 2wheels and even a few no wheels stuff. Magic, all it cost me was £40 for the upkeep of the surface, a fire extinguished and helmet, you don't even need a rollcage. I need to get to grips with the cars handling and the car needs to get to grips with the surface before I win 27 world rallys, but everyone starts somewhere. Saddly we weren't timed and I know I was slowest, but by virtue of completeing the 10 car event i know I came at least 6th.
If anyone wants to try find yourself a car club. I'm 16 and don't have a driving liscence but today I was competing against full spec Subarus etc. Well worth £40. Pics hopefully to follow.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.