Key FOM Staff Leaving

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
FW17

Key FOM Staff Leaving

Toxic environment created by Stefano Domenicali has led to another key person leaving.
F1 TECHNICAL CHIEF PAT SYMONDS TO LEAVE ROLE
Formula 1's chief technical officer Pat Symonds is to leave his position after seven years in the role, Motorsport.com has learned.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-t ... /10613564/

Tommy Cookers
Tommy Cookers

Re: Key FOM Staff Leaving

'the chassis part of the 2026 rules' due at the start of next month
goody-woody !
isn't this 'chassis part' where the 'active aerodynamics' will be found ?

the EDGE
the EDGE

FW17 wrote:
21 May 2024, 11:39
Toxic environment created by Stefano Domenicali has led to another key person leaving.
Formula 1's chief technical officer Pat Symonds is to leave his position after seven years in the role, Motorsport.com has learned.

What makes you say that...? I thought it was the fia president that was pissing people off, I don't recall stories of Stefano causing waves, maybe I missed something?

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

FW17 wrote:

Symonds is approaching his 71st year of age. Maybe he's just had enough of all of the hassle that trying to get new regs in place creates. It requires fighting so many people it must be no fun at all. So why not retire and go and enjoy his cash?
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

organic

Just_a_fan wrote:
21 May 2024, 17:47
FW17 wrote:

Symonds is approaching his 71st year of age. Maybe he's just had enough of all of the hassle that trying to get new regs in place creates. It requires fighting so many people it must be no fun at all. So why not retire and go and enjoy his cash?
It seems he wants to fight for something else

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

organic wrote:
21 May 2024, 18:08
Just_a_fan wrote:
21 May 2024, 17:47
FW17 wrote:

It seems he wants to fight for something else

Well that is interesting. I guess having been on the inside, he knows where the various skeletons are buried.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

KimiRai
KimiRai

the EDGE wrote:
21 May 2024, 13:06
What makes you say that...? I thought it was the fia president that was pissing people off, I don't recall stories of Stefano causing waves, maybe I missed something?
It's not a story the FOM would tell you. :wink:

FW17

“Stefano [Domenicali] has been asking us for weeks to try to make it closer at the end…