Problems with server

Everything about this website and its content. Here you will find update announcements or requests for feedback. Questions about layout, functionality, content, and your suggestions are welcome.
Principessa

Problems with server

Hi all,

As you might have noticed, we have had some problems with the server on which or site is. The site has been loading extremely SLOW! This has been a big problem for us as we are not able to put online the news and articles on a normal way!
We've emailed the hosting company and we hope that everything will work okay tomorrow!

Tomba and I hope that you are not scared away by the fact that the site has been so slow this weekend and that you will keep on visiting F1Technical :wink:

Greetings
Principessa

Tp
Tp

Yeah I was gonna start a thread asking why the sites suddenly so god dam slow, great to know your on top of the problem :)

Steven
Owner

I'm awaiting a reply from hosting company after 3 angry mails ;)
It seems ok now but I'll keep you all up to date.

manchild

Tomba wrote:I'm awaiting a reply from hosting company after 3 angry mails ;)
It seems ok now but I'll keep you all up to date.
You should have let me compose protest mail :lol:

Ciro Pabón

Perhaps even MC can get some inspiration from this (warning! rude language, but mildly funny).
Ciro

Ted68

Where are these letters being sent, please? I've been rather slow for 38 years. It's comforting that help is available...

Scuderia_Russ

Glad it's not just me, but I thought it odd all other sites loaded first off. Give 'em hell Tomba! :D
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-

Tom

I thought it was me too, but it seems much quicker this morning, might be because I'm on the school PC though.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

Steven
Owner

Now it's ok indeed.

Hosting mailed me back and they also noticed serious delays on the database server this weekend. They setup a temporary mailing list specifically for this problem to inform me and other complainers. They'll be watching the problem closely to identify what's going wrong and to find a solution for it.

I'm happy with that so let's hope it's not too bad and solved quickly ;)

Steven
Owner

Pff yet again the latest 4 days have been a pain in the ass for the database server. Once more I have spammed the hosting company with angry mails and I hope they finally manage to think out a lasting solution.

I'd love to switch to a dedicated server just for f1t but I'd need some sponsorship for that first ;)

Sorry for the trouble guys... :?

Steven
Owner

More news!

A new database server will be installed to solve the previous problems.

The site will therefore be unavailable from 28-02-2007 @ 23:00 until at worst 29-02-2007 @ 08:00 GMT.

allan

Tomba wrote:More news!

A new database server will be installed to solve the previous problems.

The site will therefore be unavailable from 28-02-2007 @ 23:00 until at worst 29-02-2007 @ 08:00 GMT.
there is no 29/2 tomba :lol:

Steven
Owner

Looks to me like it's improved...
I'm now hoping that it stays that way, although it could be even a little bit faster if you ask me.

manchild

*ucking hosting company of F1T. Excellent site on terrible server. I really feel sorry for f1t and I get mad when I see f1t frequently malfunctioning despite all the promises hosting company has made. Are they located in Belgium or in Afghanistan? Really, really unacceptable number of malfunctions for a hosting company in the middle of EU.

Sorry, I had to let it out of me.

Tomba, please add this opinion about their services next time you write them to complain.

GRRRRRRRRRRR