News

Everything about this website and its content. Here you will find update announcements or requests for feedback. Questions about layout, functionality, content, and your suggestions are welcome.
Principessa

News

Hi all,

I'm really sorry to inform you that I won't be able to put online a lot of news the following days as my computer broke down and Tomba is trying to fix it!
I'll leave you in the save hands of Tomba till he's able to fix it and I'm back up and running :wink:

Greetings
Principessa

manchild
manchild

"Perfect news editor's laptop finishes the season and than falls to pieces" :wink:

Don't worry about it, season is over so it is not a big deal if we miss some of the season reviews and other less important news for a couple of days :wink:

Steven
Owner

hehe well Principessa just informed me she found a laptop harddisk casing so that I can attach it to my computer. Therefore normally I'll work on it tonight and hopefully it's fixed then too.

My brother just informed me though that there are different types of those hard disk connectors, I hope it's the correct one :/

Meanwhile, F1T continues the stone age era ;) (for those who remember the f1t golden age - I'm sure manchild will )

ketanpaul

Meanwhile, F1T continues the stone age era Wink (for those who remember the f1t golden age - I'm sure manchild will )
Explanation requested................. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Steven
Owner

ketanpaul wrote:
Meanwhile, F1T continues the stone age era Wink (for those who remember the f1t golden age - I'm sure manchild will )
Explanation requested................. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Well our dear manchild here named it the golden age of f1t when principessa and him were in charge of the site while I was out for skiing in italy ;) I can't deny that they did a fantastic job though, and they both still do every day.

Principessa

I'm at Tomba's now and it appears that my hard disk has crashed! :cry: :cry: :cry:
All my schoolwork is on it and I have to redo all of it! The most horrible thing is that I have to call Dell (tomorrow) and I have to hope that they will come and insert my new hard disk really really soon, so that I can start working for school and F1Technical of course!

It's a hell without a computer :cry: :cry: :cry: ...and without F1Technical :cry: :cry: :cry:!

Hope to be at your service again soon!

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

Don't panic just yet, the data on the hard drive may be recoverable. If you have access to another computer with a spare channel (Tomba? :roll: ) just plug the hard drive in as a slave and you may be able to extract important files. One other strategy is to use Bart PE http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/ which is a CD that can be booted and installs the XP environment.

ketanpaul

Well our dear manchild here named it the golden age of f1t when principessa and him were in charge of the site while I was out for skiing in italy Wink I can't deny that they did a fantastic job though, and they both still do every day.
Ok now i get it :wink: :wink:

manchild
manchild

I was only helping Principessa with pics and links, she was in charge :oops:

Steven
Owner

Well all data has been recovered ;)
I coupled the HDD to my computer with an usb adapter as an external disk, and finally after trying various tools GetDataBack for NTFS did the trick.

Will check if the disk was damaged (badly) so that we know if it needs refurbishment or a new one by DELL.

joseff

DaveKillens wrote:...One other strategy is to use Bart PE http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/ which is a CD that can be booted and installs the XP environment.
Bart PE is... *ahem* not strictly legal according to Micro$oft. And besides, booting XP from a CD is a pain. I'd rather hook up the HD to another computer by USB (they've done this already), then try to fish data out of it using Windows XP.

If for some reason the HD is FUBAR, you can use system rescue CD to try and recover some of the lost data. That's the price you pay for using NTFS. There aren't many tools that can read/recover stuff out of NTFS volumes. I always, always avoid NTFS like the plague.

Tom

Hooray, the site keeps going.

Any luck with sponsors yet?
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

Personally, anything Steve Gibson touches is worth looking at.
http://www.grc.com/sr/spinrite.htm

Steven
Owner

Tom wrote:Hooray, the site keeps going.
Any luck with sponsors yet?
Well I'm working on something, shouldn't take too long anymore before you all notice a new partner (I hope).

Anyway, Principessa is up and running again with a fixed laptop ;)

Steven
Owner

I should also note that later today Principessa will put online an interview with a race driver for the upcoming 2007 season ;)