F1T Gallery image size

Everything about this website and its content. Here you will find update announcements or requests for feedback. Questions about layout, functionality, content, and your suggestions are welcome.
pyry
pyry

Principessa wrote:I wonder why everybody keeps posting pictures of other sites here if all the good and important pictures are online here in our gallery:
http://www.f1technical.net/gallery/v/Re ... 27/Launch/
Maybe some of you haven't found our gallery yet :?
because your gallery pictures are 800x532, and speaking for myself i prefer a greater resolution to study the details.
four rings to rule them all

fwa2500

pyry wrote:
Principessa wrote:I wonder why everybody keeps posting pictures of other sites here if all the good and important pictures are online here in our gallery:
because your gallery pictures are 800x532, and speaking for myself i prefer a greater resolution to study the details.
i hate being on the opposing side of the establishment, but i have to agree with this.....my current screen resolution is 1280x1024 and 1680x1050 and anything 1024x768 or smaller just doesnt work.....

manchild
manchild

Gallery on f1t has pics not smaller than those on pitpass, motorsport.com, f1 total, f1 live... almost no site offers hight res pics for free because hosting them costs a lot.

pyry
pyry

four rings to rule them all

benjabulle
benjabulle

pyry wrote:http://www.gurneyflap.com/formula1renault.html well those are for instance
and it doesn't cost me so much.... :mrgreen:

manchild
manchild

Costs rise with traffic. Gurneyflap is one of my favorite sites so I'm not writing this to put it down but I don't think it has daily average of several thousand visits as f1technical or 20.000 visitors as it had the other day.

Venom
Venom

Not really, it's only bandwidth that is needed with high traffic.

Unless a site has millions of visits each day (google, yahoo) which requires more then one server to manage the load, in which case F1T is not experiencing at the moment. Well, not YET anyway.
The trouble with the rat-race is that even if you win, you're still a rat.

manchild
manchild

Tomba will explain (I hope) traffic-costs ratio.

Anyway, here's funny answer from one Renault fan from Renault blog:

Questions asked by Renault blog administrator:
What do you think of the colours?

What about the drivers' interviews?

Are the ambitions for the team in line with what you expect?

And what are your hopes and fears for the new season?
Answer:
ShockING
DisturbING
Eye-waterING
If I were a driver, I'd be hidING
If I designed the livery, I'd be apologizING
If I were, I'd find this car embarassING
Alonso must be laughING
But please excuse me, because I feel like vomitING
:lol:

Steven
Owner

fwa2500 wrote:
pyry wrote:
i hate being on the opposing side of the establishment, but i have to agree with this.....my current screen resolution is 1280x1024 and 1680x1050 and anything 1024x768 or smaller just doesnt work.....
Well if all of you would donate 5 euro /month I would be glad to upload images at higher resolution, but it costs a lot for me with all these visitors lately. Hosting has a limited traffic amount per month, and any additional traffic just costs me more, as simple as that. Why do you think I'm looking so hard for sponsors or people who wish to relieve the costs a bit? ;)

Anyway, 800x600 is still bigger than what the biggest f1 sites are providing you, so I don't think it's too bad after all ;)

benjabulle
benjabulle

Venom wrote:Not really, it's only bandwidth that is needed with high traffic.

Unless a site has millions of visits each day (google, yahoo) which requires more then one server to manage the load, in which case F1T is not experiencing at the moment. Well, not YET anyway.
Yes, you're right, I have an upload of about 15 Go each month and getting more will cost..more and manchild is right too, more visits (an average of about 400 each day for Gurneyflap) will increase costs because people are coming to upload photos.