Fastest lap-time statistics help pls

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Rob W

Fastest lap-time statistics help pls

I'd like to find a place where I can see who drove, say, the 20 fastest laps of a Grand Prix.

Not, who drove the fastest lap or each driver's fastest lap, but a list of the top 20 laps with the driver who did it and time next to them.

Like this:

1. F Alonso - 1.15.333 (lap 44)
2. L Hamilton - 1.15.455 (lap 22)
3. F Alonso - 1.15.477 (lap 33)
4. F Alonso - 1.15.544 (lap 31)
5. G Fisichella - 1.15.577 (lap 22)
6. F Alonso - 1.15.677 (lap 58 )... etc.

Thanks for any pointers

I just suspect that, at some races for example where one driver gets the fastest single lap, it's another driver who has six or seven of the top ten fastest laps - showing a better overall consistency of pace.

Rob W

PNSD
PNSD

you will probably have to go through drivers individually.

Monaco is inconclusive though... I sat here and watched the race on live timing and tv, recording RB and JB's laps.

Once RB was out of the way of JB he went quicker, then once JB was out of the way Kimi went (alot) quicker.

Its hard to say at Monaco because its rare that drivers will not have a car infront of them.

But I feel you are right about drivers may set fastest laps, but probably would not have been having the quickest pace.

pRo

PNSD wrote:I sat here and watched the race on live timing and tv, recording RB and JB's laps.
Related to that. There must be a way to automatically record all the live timing data. Any computer geniouses out there? 8)
Formula 1, 57, died Thursday, Sept. 13, 2007
Born May 13, 1950, in Silverstone, United Kingdom
Will be held in the hearts of millions forever
Rest In Peace, we will not forget you

checkered

Rob W, in case

you aren't aware http://www.visionf1.com ... it lists the following for each driver in the "analysis" section:

Driver finish position
Gap from winner
Race laps completed
Race duration
Average laptime
Best laptime
The laptime for which 25% of the driver's laptimes are less than
The laptime for which 50% of the driver's laptimes are less than
The laptime for which 75% of the driver's laptimes are less than
The difference between a driver's mean and best laptime
Number of pit stops
Duration of all pitstops
VisionF1 driver ranking
Qualifying position
Qualifying time

Seems the site hasn't updated the Monaco results yet, though. But I guess the "cutoffs" go a long way in providing the kind of info you're looking for. And if you're really meticulous, you can see and record each and every laptime in the "replay" mode.