Turkey updates

Here are our CFD links and discussions about aerodynamics, suspension, driver safety and tyres. Please stick to F1 on this forum.
modbaraban

Turkey updates

I read about DC mentioning a front wing update for RB3.

Also Renault promised to show new stuff.

Despite the problems with the 'B' spec shassis, Spyker brought something that looks like a new rear wing.

...and a front wing that looks so much like one of Honda (McLaren-ish 3 layer, see below) but sports upper plane.
They also fitted the upper plane on the older wing... and the endplates look new as well. :?

..while Honda brough the older version too.

SAF1 brought 2 versions of their usual front wing and the other type of wing showed at the presentation at Albert Park.

Among the least aerodynamically efficient updates was Alonso's beard

Any other updates?

m3_lover

I am still mystified on how the B spec chassis failed its crashed test
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

modbaraban

Re: Turkey updates

modbaraban wrote:I read about DC mentioning a front wing update for RB3.
there it is!

the bridge wing mounted by the middle plane! :shock: :lol:

RJC_pt

Ferrari made drawings in their front rim shields? :lol:

modbaraban

this is rediculous :lol:

Another view of the new wing for RB3

tomislavp4

Rediculous indeed :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I´m sure it has something to do with BBS marketing :wink:

The new wing looks interesting tough, looks better then McLarens in my eyes :D we´ll see how it goes in the race...

ginsu

Ferrari's wheel cover reminds me of those fake pieces of cardboard you put in your hub caps to make it look like you have crossdrilled brake rotors...really, really cheezy!!! I really hope they don't run those in the race.
I love to love Senna.

antrock

Ferrari is sponsored/partnered with BBS - therefor by covering their wheels they have to somehow show which wheels they are running to people.

modbaraban

antrock wrote:Ferrari is sponsored/partnered with BBS - therefor by covering their wheels they have to somehow show which wheels they are running to people.
they did have the red BBS logos on every rim cover :wink: (unlike Toyota and BMW.Sauber who's BBS and OZ wheels are w/o any logos)

PS: btw not so long ago I noticed that Williams brought a new manufacturer to F1. So now there are 5 wheel supplier companies. There were only 3 of em in 2005.

checkered

Re: Turkey updates

modbaraban wrote:Among the least aerodynamically efficient updates was Alonso's beard
Ron must feel a wee bit "ticklish", considering the close cut/shaven corporate look he prefers. This is the same guy who I vaguely recall once leaving a team member behind in an airport lounge ahead of a race weekend because he had forgotten to wear one or another part (tie?) of his team apparel ... that was a long time ago.

mx_tifoso

Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

tomislavp4

They could paint only the BBS logo somewhere and people would know which rim manufacturer makes them, why painting a whole rim? :? :lol:

modbaraban

tomislavp4 wrote:They could paint only the BBS logo somewhere and people would know which rim manufacturer makes them, why painting a whole rim? :? :lol:

rjsa

modbaraban wrote:
tomislavp4 wrote:They could paint only the BBS logo somewhere and people would know which rim manufacturer makes them, why painting a whole rim? :? :lol:
That thing will be painted red with a big Marlboro logo when they land here in Brazil... I'd put money on this.

Saribro

Hmm:
McLaren front wing:

Red Bull's new front wing (a bit hard to find a single good image):

Suprisingly similar, imho :/.