Steve Fossett missing

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
flynfrog

Steve Fossett missing

Haven't seen a post here about it but

http://www.mturk.com/mturk/submit
you can help the search here

http://www.stevefossett.com/
info on the search on who Steve is

this is one of the few heroes left IMO

checkered

I came to know

who Steve Fossett is through my interest in Scaled Composites, and later through his association with Richard Branson. Should Steve never be found, he will certainly be in good company with other explorers and record breakers who have seemingly vanished into thin air. My heart goes out to his family and friends who have been burdened with uncertainty.

flynfrog

the whole thing is very Amilea Airhart

i probably butchered the spelling on that

f1.redbaron

flynfrog wrote:the whole thing is very Amilea Airhart

i probably butchered the spelling on that
Amelia Earhart (you're welcome :D )

The difference between the two is that Amelia never had a chance. No modern GPS navigation, no ELT's, and she was in the middle of nowhere.

Fossett, on the other hand, crashed some 70 years later (70 years of technological advancements), had the ELT (yes, I know it doesn't work, but I can't understand why - they are made to survive some of the harshest crashes), and he crashed over Nevada. I would even bet that he had one of those Breitling watches with the mini-ELT's, so it is really strange that they can't find him.

In any case, I hope they find him!

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

I heard about this story on the news a while ago, it's really sad, as he has a family back home waiting for him.

He seems to be a trooper and with out a doubt has the experience of many many years of doing such crazy events and trips.

I pray to God that they find him alive and well, as soon as possible.

And what also helps in his chances for survival is that the temperature and weather have gotten cooler lately in that region. Compared to the weather earlier in the summer, it is a huge improvement. I would say in the 90 deg. range, which is good compared to 100+ deg. for the summer time.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.